Yellowstone

DAWG91

Anyone else watch this?  It's terrific.  Show has it all.  Crime and murder, great acting, politics,  cowboys and indians,  dysfunctional family,  and my personal favorite,  a great scene with a bad to the bone grizzly bear.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

Anyone else watch this?  It's terrific.  Show has it all.  Crime and murder, great acting, politics,  cowboys and indians,  dysfunctional family,  and my personal favorite,  a great scene with a bad to the bone grizzly bear.

Is there going to be a 2nd season?  I haven't seen anything about it ....

4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Is there going to be a 2nd season?  I haven't seen anything about it ....

Second season starts here in a week or two I think. @DAWG91 the daughter has probably bigger intestinal fortitude than her brothers. What’s gonna hurt them worse? The environmental impact or the dead bodies? I may have a dark sense of humor but both scenes with the tourists cracked me up. @topher805 you should watch it. Ol’ Ryan Bingham plays one of the hands and does a little singing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

Never watched it, but like it because they feature Whiskey Meyers on there and I got a soft spot for those boys from Neches/Elkhart/Grapeland

Im a fan of whiskey too.  Myers and wild turkey 😁

• Like 1

On 6/3/2019 at 6:41 PM, Stoney said:

Second season starts here in a week or two I think. @DAWG91 the daughter has probably bigger intestinal fortitude than her brothers. What’s gonna hurt them worse? The environmental impact or the dead bodies? I may have a dark sense of humor but both scenes with the tourists cracked me up. @topher805 you should watch it. Ol’ Ryan Bingham plays one of the hands and does a little singing.

The daughter is a hot mess and very shrewd.  I really like the son who's former special forces.  The way he moves in action is impressive and what i wouldnt give to have an aim like that.  Yeah the tourist/grizzly scene was pretty wild.  Remember they were first caught out in the fields taking pictures of it and costner warned them.  I felt bad for the husband seeing his wife fall.  You just knew he was going to follow suit,  intentionally.  Man that bear was scary!  2nd season in just a couple weeks.  Im ready.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone else feel this season is just dragging along and just waiting for the season ending show for something to happen and make you want to come back next year?

And how about ending the show early last week? I think it ended with about 6 - 8 minutes left?

8 minutes ago, mellon said:

Does anyone else feel this season is just dragging along and just waiting for the season ending show for something to happen and make you want to come back next year?

And how about ending the show ending early last week? I think it ended with about 6 - 8 minutes left?

Everything seems to be building to the finale  ...  not nearly as much action in the weekly episodes  ....

This season IS dragging along.  There has been several times that it appears to be something building during an episode with the music and the staging of the scene (round up of the horses a couple of episodes ago as an example) only for it to turn out to be nothing.  There has also been a couple of odd stories that I am having a hard time on projecting where they will go or how they will tie in.

I wonder if there are new writers for the present season?  Just is not as dynamic as in the past.  If something does not happen, and in a big way, they may lose viewers heading into next season.  Will give this season a C so far.

I went to Canton Trades Day yesterday and saw two "Yellowstone" shirts being worn, both by women.  One made a reference to Rip and the other one had Beth's quote on it, "You are the trailer park and I am your tornado".

Something just feels off about this season. 4 episodes left and it’s like they are still building up to the big bad. Is it Sawyer from Lost ? Dude just want to fish. Is it the suit guy that was on the Yellowstone? Is it the CEO they just brought in? Is Jamie finally going to snap? Is Rainwater and John going to pull a JR and Cliff Barnes to squash this thing? 

On 6/21/2020 at 10:32 AM, DAWG91 said:

Season 3 starts tonight.

Carthage cowboy Tilden Hooper had a non speaking role in this past Sunday’s edition helping bareback riders along with Rip. Tilden is the bearded cowboy in the red shirt. I’ve Known him all his life. My first wife & his mom were cousins.

9 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Carthage cowboy Tilden Hooper had a non speaking role in this past Sunday’s edition helping bareback riders along with Rip. Tilden is the bearded cowboy in the red shirt. I’ve Known him all his life. My first wife & his mom were cousins.

Too bad he did not have a speaking part to reflect how a real Texan talks.  The cowgirl that is on there this season "from" Texas has the worst Texan accent ever.  It is way over the top.  In real life she is Michael Landon's (Little Joe, et al) daughter and she hails from Malibu.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Cool!  I'll have to rewatch.  This season just doesn't seem as good to me.

23 hours ago, mellon said:

John's got a plan, but we'll have to wait and see. No way he sells the ranch.

You know who was stupid for coming back. Rip will probably have some words for Kayce.

Rip and Kayce will be a knockout, drag out. No way this story has a happy ending. Wonder how much John’s plan involves Rainwater? Why does the old cowboy hate John so much? It’s gotta be something personal for them to bring him in to stir up John up.