Lone Oak Open!

blesseddaily

28 minutes ago, blesseddaily said:

And it just got worse. They decided to make the new assistant principal the AD the opening is football coach only. 

Yep, it’s gotten worse with that move. Just make him the AP, AD and head FB coach to be screwed up like a soup sandwich.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, randomuser said:

Yep, it’s gotten worse with that move. Just make him the AP, AD and head FB coach to be screwed up like a soup sandwich.

Some Superintendents see things only in terms of finding ways to save money and consolidation of power.

Then they move on in 2.8 years and leave the mess for the community to deal with.

I've worked for 13 over the years and 12 of those fit this scenario.

sup.jpg

• Like 1

What's most pitiful is how certain members of the community in certain positions can ruin it for most cause of their agendas. As an ex coach close to the community  i can tell you without a doubt this is the case in Lone Oak. This is not 1992 anymore and Lone Oak will continue to go downhill until changes are made. Year after year an influx of coaches have left due to minimal pay, no days, teacher work loads, (most have trouble just getting scheduled into the athletic period) and the plethora of other issues associated with the place that are 10-15 years behind the times ( no Athletic janitors etc).

On top of that our aforementioned community members never see the issues, only that lone oak should "be winning".  Thus our agendas, at the drop of a hat the  few unhappy members of the community have been rallied to create problems, drama and issues for the athletic department. Our agendas have even allowed us behind the scenes to work hand in hand with the herald banner  our local newspaper, spilling closed session information to the public and sensationalizing small issues into bigger issues. 

We have ran off great assistant coaches year after year and now even our Athletic director I believe this trend will continue as we have become a community of whiners, who don't want to do what it takes to win. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can assure that the Superintendent is the biggest supporter of the athletic programs in LO. It’s just sad to see so much micromanagement from certain school boards members. LO is a great little school even still, but the micromanagement will wear out even the best of coaches. You can’t blame Coach Goode from leaving. It takes a lot to make a hometown coach leave!!!

• Like 1

I would agree on the superintendent being a supporter from what I've heard. 

I don't think any of the coaches had the opportunity to follow him to poteet as he will be an assistant there and not the head coach. 

To me it seems like they were all supporters of Goode and after hearing his leaving have decided to leave as well. 

I can't imagine lone oak winning too many games this year, from what I've seen he has always overachieved,  other than maybe chisum their schedule will be farly tough next year. This realignment did not help them and they're in district with schools that seem much bigger and with better resources.

BuffaLOadofcrap you nailed it. 75% of the coaches who left would still be at LO without meddling from certain members of the board. It’s amazing how 2-3 bad apples can ruin the board. Randomuser the superintendent is a huge supporter of the LO sports program, no if, ands or buts.  I have seen it with my own eyes. Don’t believe the majority of the BS in that newspaper article. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...