Lone Oak Open!

blesseddaily

Unfortunately for the kids at Lone Oak the powers that be have probably found out that it’s going to be tough to find a proven, experienced head football coach that can’t control the whole program. Separating the positions of AD and head football coach seldom turns out good. I hope for the kids sake that they find someone who will do it but the odds are against them. 

Just now, blesseddaily said:

Unfortunately for the kids at Lone Oak the powers that be have probably found out that it’s going to be tough to find a proven, experienced head football coach that can’t control the whole program. Separating the positions of AD and head football coach seldom turns out good. I hope for the kids sake that they find someone who will do it but the odds are against them. 

DA is available but dont think he would take it. JS

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yellowdawg3 said:

Do we know how many applied or how many have been called for interviews?

I don't....when I called Tuesday morning the only decision made was that the principal would be the AD and they were still interviewing HFC candidates...

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

I don't....when I called Tuesday morning the only decision made was that the principal would be the AD and they were still interviewing HFC candidates...

Very bad decision to split the AD and HFC position, especially in a smaller school. Center tried that and then the powers that be made the wise decision to undo it.

Again, football is king in Texas and if you want to be considered a “football school” then you keep it one position. 

(In my opinion anyway! 👌)

4 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Coach Barry Bowman available? Would be a good hire. Might want to give him the AD job too though. Need to keep him busy. It’d be good for the program and would be good for local marriages. Husbands would make sure their Mrs. was well taken care of. Win win for everyone. 

Well, not sure about the Mrs.. part they've already got someone on the school board who's filled that role well.. Just ask the other school board members.... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, supermaroon said:

Does Lone Oak have any coaches still on staff? My buddy told me that they had more people resign this week. And who is leading summer workouts?

Don’t think there is anybody left to resign. Maybe the head bb coach from last year (who came after school started) not sure if he is still there or not.