'Coward of Broward' sheriff's deputy arrested for inaction during Parkland mass shooting

Wild74

'Coward of Broward' sheriff's deputy arrested for inaction during Parkland mass shooting
Washington Examiner ^ | 6/4/2019 | Zachary Halaschak 

Posted on 6/4/2019, 6:11:19 PM by Texan4Life

The former school resource officer widely branded as a coward for failing to intervene during the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting has been arrested for failing to act during the massacre.

Scot Peterson, 56, was arrested Tuesday and charged with seven counts of neglect of a child, three counts of culpable negligence, and one count of perjury, according to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

Florida Department of Law Enforcement Commissioner Rick Swearingen said Peterson did “absolutely nothing” to stop the shooting, which killed 17 and injured 17 others.

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtonexaminer.com ...

30 minutes ago, CENTEXFAN said:

I agree, but people don't know how they will react under fire until they are under fire.

Having been shot at and knew I was going to get shot at, I had no issue with it.  

The man stood by and refused to use his weapon while kids died.  

I’m sure he passed his background check and graduated from the academy.  

44 minutes ago, TheNameIsDalton said:

Having been shot at and knew I was going to get shot at, I had no issue with it.  

The man stood by and refused to use his weapon while kids died.  

I’m sure he passed his background check and graduated from the academy.  

It seems like people who talk tough end up like rollie-pollies , and the ones scared was able to function. 

29 minutes ago, CENTEXFAN said:

It seems like people who talk tough end up like rollie-pollies , and the ones scared was able to function. 

It’s not really about talking tough, it’s more about being prepared.  We have good people and bad people all over this country that pull firearms everyday.  Many of them are brave, and many use their weapon in a chicken #### manner.  

Make no mistake about it.  A coward pulled a gun on me in 1999.  He used it....I got lucky.  I returned fire.  

Fight or flight.  If you are going to fight guns you need to be ready.  If you are going to carry a gun for a living you had better be ready.  

This man had an obligation.  We are arming teachers in this state, yet we can’t get a policeman to return fire.  Are you kidding me?

1 hour ago, CENTEXFAN said:

The true hero was the policeman in another mass shooting in California where he was on his last shift before retirement went in first,but was killed before others killed the gunman.

Thats right.  Duty first.  He is a hero.