Longview’s Trent Williams

Jason LaConfora- Trent Williams issues with Skins are not financial at all according to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation. He's told teammates he has demanded a trade or his release from the club due to their handling of his recent medical situation. Has vowed not to play for them

35 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Jason LaConfora- Trent Williams issues with Skins are not financial at all according to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation. He's told teammates he has demanded a trade or his release from the club due to their handling of his recent medical situation. Has vowed not to play for them

Dallas oughta offer him a five-year contract worth all the money in the world. Dude's a first-ballot Hall of Famer, and still has plenty of mileage in the tires. 

• LOL! 1

18 minutes ago, AKA said:

Dallas oughta offer him a five-year contract worth all the money in the world. Dude's a first-ballot Hall of Famer, and still has plenty of mileage in the tires. 

Somebody’s gonna get a top level LT for nothing. As long as Dan Snyder keeps this up Dallas only has to worry about two other teams in the division....and the Giants ain’t exactly looking too hot right now either. 

• Like 2

Having grown up in Longview, I would have got out of D.C. as fast as I could.  I would have hated to be drafted by the Redskins if I had the talent as he does.  I'd offer a third rounder for him, but nothing more.  I know he made the Pro Bowl last year, but he does have 9 seasons under his belt.  He does have tread left, and could play another 5-7 years.  I wouldn't expect it at the level he's at now.  

43 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Having grown up in Longview, I would have got out of D.C. as fast as I could.  I would have hated to be drafted by the Redskins if I had the talent as he does.  I'd offer a third rounder for him, but nothing more.  I know he made the Pro Bowl last year, but he does have 9 seasons under his belt.  He does have tread left, and could play another 5-7 years.  I wouldn't expect it at the level he's at now.  

No joke...  football team aside, that city is a ####ing toilet. It makes South Longview look like a friggin' utopia. 

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Do it. Give up JJ’s first born, whatever it takes.

Not sure about that...That first born is going to have some hellacious gynetics...Who am I kidding? We sacrificed Deshaun Watsons ACL for a World Series

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, AKA said:

No joke...  football team aside, that city is a ####ing toilet. It makes South Longview look like a friggin' utopia. 

You haven't been to south Longview in a while then.  Man, I used to love doing things there, and now it just looks worn down.  I was talking about that tonight on the You Know You Grew Up in Longview page on facebook.  Everything has moved to the Eastman Rd. area near Judson Middle School.  Heck Highway 80 west of Spur 63 is a ghost town figuratively speaking.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

You haven't been to south Longview in a while then.  Man, I used to love doing things there, and now it just looks worn down.  I was talking about that tonight on the You Know You Grew Up in Longview page on facebook.  Everything has moved to the Eastman Rd. area near Judson Middle School.  Heck Highway 80 west of Spur 63 is a ghost town figuratively speaking.  

I work in Longview...on the south side. 

Imo, one of the main problems is...absolutely ZERO pride in their property & neighborhoods from the residents that live there. 

Most residents there just don't care. Also, "slum lords" have taken over alot of the rental properties there. Families that actually own property don't take care of it. 

It's sad really. Cause there are some nice old neighborhoods in south Longview...and some really cool old houses too. 

• Like 1

Lol, I work in South Longview and own a rental property here. In fact, I'm actually typing these words from deep in the heart of South Longview at this very moment. :D 

I don't disagree that this part of the city has seen better days, but I'm hesitant to throw the whole neighborhood under the bus. Yeah, there are some residents who just don't give a bleep about it, but I find they're the exception not the rule. There are a lot of folks that live in and around here take a lot of pride in their community. 

But the larger problem has more to do with the predatory nature of commercial development combined with the common tendency for people to choose new over old. South Longview has the three main arteries off the interstate (Estes, MLK, Eastman), and yet developers would rather push further into the north side of town. I don't get it.  

I mean, I get it, but I don't like it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKA said:

Lol, I work in South Longview and own a rental property here. In fact, I'm actually typing these words from deep in the heart of South Longview at this very moment. :D 

I don't disagree that this part of the city has seen better days, but I'm hesitant to throw the whole neighborhood under the bus. Yeah, there are some residents who just don't give a bleep about it, but I find they're the exception not the rule. There are a lot of folks that live in and around here take a lot of pride in their community. 

But the larger problem has more to do with the predatory nature of commercial development combined with the common tendency for people to choose new over old. South Longview has the three main arteries off the interstate (Estes, MLK, Eastman), and yet developers would rather push further into the north side of town. I don't get it.  

I mean, I get it, but I don't like it. 

LOL :rofl:. Really? We've probably crossed paths down on the Southside and didnt even know it. Cause I'm ALL OVER the Southside for work. I may have worked your rental property, lol. 

Most not all. I agree it's not everyone. I see and hear the poor attitude of the residents every day. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TTman7 said:

I work in Longview...on the south side. 

Imo, one of the main problems is...absolutely ZERO pride in their property & neighborhoods from the residents that live there. 

Most residents there just don't care. Also, "slum lords" have taken over alot of the rental properties there. Families that actually own property don't take care of it. 

It's sad really. Cause there are some nice old neighborhoods in south Longview...and some really cool old houses too. 

Oh I know, because my church was on the South side of Longview and my Daddy worked at the South Side annex.  Back before the Mall was built everything was practically downtown except for a few places.  It's pathetic in my opinion.  

• Like 1

Since the buildup of everything on the north side, especially off of 259 there’s not really a reason to go to the south side of Longview unless it’s to go to Good Shepherd. I can’t think of the last time I’ve been down McCann or even Gilmer Road and the Loop. K Mart was probably still in business or was having Senior luncheon at The Butcher Shop close to 20 years ago. Have they done anything with the old hotels off of I20 and Estes? I thought the rumor a couple years back was it was being cleared off and they were planning a sports complex/activity center to try and get people back to the south side. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stoney said:

Since the buildup of everything on the north side, especially off of 259 there’s not really a reason to go to the south side of Longview unless it’s to go to Good Shepherd. I can’t think of the last time I’ve been down McCann or even Gilmer Road and the Loop. K Mart was probably still in business or was having Senior luncheon at The Butcher Shop close to 20 years ago. Have they done anything with the old hotels off of I20 and Estes? I thought the rumor a couple years back was it was being cleared off and they were planning a sports complex/activity center to try and get people back to the south side. 

Before long, Diana will be North Longview, lol. It already kinda feels like a suburb. 

One or two "okay" motels...and afew slum hotels. 

• Like 1