The official thread of brilliant CFB posts and Master Debaters

As for the thread, aside from being made by a t-shirt fan claiming superiority (irony at its best, I know), it's been discussed time and time again. 

In a vacuum, those numbers are one thing. When you consider the scholarship restrictions, military restrictions, gender restrictions, and everything else A&M went through, the teams were not on a level playing field for 80% of the years they competed in collegiate athletics. Hope that helps. If your perception of "success" is based on outperforming someone else when you have every advantage in the world, more power to you, I guess. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

44 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

As for the thread, aside from being made by a t-shirt fan claiming superiority (irony at its best, I know), it's been discussed time and time again. 

In a vacuum, those numbers are one thing. When you consider the scholarship restrictions, military restrictions, gender restrictions, and everything else A&M went through, the teams were not on a level playing field for 80% of the years they competed in collegiate athletics. Hope that helps. If your perception of "success" is based on outperforming someone else when you have every advantage in the world, more power to you, I guess. 

Yeah... but you guys call us t-sippers because we were not a military school. We just can't win with you! LOL!

9 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

Yeah... but you guys call us t-sippers because we were not a military school. We just can't win with you! LOL!

Well I personally think the tsip nickname is pretty stupid lol!

That said, what's more important? Success in football or feeding the war effort in World War II?

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

We can discuss this every time and it won’t matter. It won’t matter that the results are extremely tight since the two started doing things on a level playing field. What happened from 1890-1960s is the truth. 

12 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Wait.... where is the one that shows results against your “real rival.” 

The guy that created these graphics said the one with OU will be released closer to the 2019 Red River Rivalry. 

I'm impressed with the quality research that was in the one I posted. Looking at other conference records and such. I was more impressed with that than trying to throw a jab at Aggies. That guy did some research. I would like to see this kind of stuff with other teams and even other sports rivalries. 

5 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

The guy that created these graphics said the one with OU will be released closer to the 2019 Red River Rivalry. 

I'm impressed with the quality research that was in the one I posted. Looking at other conference records and such. I was more impressed with that than trying to throw a jab at Aggies. That guy did some research. I would like to see this kind of stuff with other teams and even other sports rivalries. 

There's not that much research involved. These stats are all over several other sites and easily brought up. The little data visualizations are cool but are too small/zoomed out to really be appreciated. 

I'm proud to be a "T-shirt fan" of the University of Texas. I've been a Longhorn sports fan since I was a little boy. I'd bet that most universities would love to have as big a "T-shirt" fanbase as UT does. 

I'm an alum of Sam Houston State. Out of high school I was accepted by UT, a&m, Baylor, and afew other schools. Could have gone to UT, but chose not to. Wanted the small school environment and went that route. I say all this just as a FYI. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

I'm proud to be a "T-shirt fan" of the University of Texas. I've been a Longhorn sports fan since I was a little boy. I'd bet that most universities would love to have as big a "T-shirt" fanbase as UT does. 

I'm an alum of Sam Houston State. Out of high school I was accepted by UT, a&m, Baylor, and afew other schools. Could have gone to UT, but chose not to. Wanted the small school environment and went that route. I say all this just as a FYI. 

That was a lot of words to say, "I'm a t-shirt fan". 

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Ever hear of Randolph Duke?

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

3 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

I’m all for lifelong T-shirt fans. No problem with that at all. The problem I have is a uninformed T-shirt fan. A fan that couldn’t name more than 5 players on the current team but still wears the 2005 national title shirt and tells everyone he knows that “we” would whip aggy if “we” played today. I have a problem with the t shirt fan that hasn’t ever even been to a single game I. Austin and will not watch the games on Saturday but brag about the victory on Monday morning to his coworkers. 

Every school has T-shirt fans and I like them. Texas just has a larger number than most of uneducated and only dedicated when they are winning fans. 

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’m all for lifelong T-shirt fans. No problem with that at all. The problem I have is a uninformed T-shirt fan. A fan that couldn’t name more than 5 players on the current team but still wears the 2005 national title shirt and tells everyone he knows that “we” would whip aggy if “we” played today. I have a problem with the t shirt fan that hasn’t ever even been to a single game I. Austin and will not watch the games on Saturday but brag about the victory on Monday morning to his coworkers. 

Every school has T-shirt fans and I like them. Texas just has a larger number than most of uneducated and only dedicated when they are winning fans. 

What are your thoughts on ATM/Jimbo super fan Karen? Do real ATM fans think she’s crazy?

3 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Well I personally think the tsip nickname is pretty stupid lol!

That said, what's more important? Success in football or feeding the war effort in World War II?

You are still feeding the war efforts in WW2?  Damn, really  sucks to be an Aggie

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Spit Dr Pepper on my screen again!

1 hour ago, JustAFan11 said:

What are your thoughts on ATM/Jimbo super fan Karen? Do real ATM fans think she’s crazy?

Well let’s be clear. She’s a jimbo fan. She was the same way for FSU before jimbo came over. I don’t really have any opinion on her one way or another. She is knowledgeable though. She at the very least cares enough to look up stats. She’s not someone who just blindly worships A&M without even knowing any real details of what’s going on within the program, which I appreciate. 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

I hear what you're saying. I dislike fair-weather fans too. I am not one of them....for any team I root for. 

I do get aggravated at all of the Alabama "T-shirt" fans. Most of them only jumped on the bandwagon when Saban started winning there. 

2 hours ago, TTman7 said:

I hear what you're saying. I dislike fair-weather fans too. I am not one of them....for any team I root for. 

I do get aggravated at all of the Alabama "T-shirt" fans. Most of them only jumped on the bandwagon when Saban started winning there. 

If you’re talking about BAMA fans here in Texas, a large chunk of them fit the mold you’re describing. Prior to 2008, I was pretty much all alone in the middle of Aggie, Longhorn and LSU fans. Now, to be fair, there is a significant number of Bammers who have moved to or are at least working in Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma in the oil and gas industry. They likely fall in the category of people who have to choose between BAMA and Auburn at birth. And yes, a large chunk of them didn’t attend college at all, much less at UA. But they’re definitely not bandwagon fans. These are the people who wanted Gene Stallings FIRED after an 0-3 start in 1990, his first year with the Tide. 

26 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

If you’re talking about BAMA fans here in Texas, a large chunk of them fit the mold you’re describing. Prior to 2008, I was pretty much all alone in the middle of Aggie, Longhorn and LSU fans. Now, to be fair, there is a significant number of Bammers who have moved to or are at least working in Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma in the oil and gas industry. They likely fall in the category of people who have to choose between BAMA and Auburn at birth. And yes, a large chunk of them didn’t attend college at all, much less at UA. But they’re definitely not bandwagon fans. These are the people who wanted Gene Stallings FIRED after an 0-3 start in 1990, his first year with the Tide. 

No, I'm actually referring to real bama bandwagon fans. Not people from Alabama that are here now. 

People that always wearing tshirts, hats, jerseys, etc. of the current champs of each individual sport. Seahawks afew years ago...then broncos...then phillly... on and on. Red Sox then Astros, then ?. The Heat then Golden State...then Cavaliers....yada, yada, yada. 

• Mr. P changed the title to official UT-A&M smack thread