The official thread of brilliant CFB posts and Master Debaters

10 minutes ago, tbird9100 said:

Gender restrictions?  I’m guessing he thinks girls could’ve made their team better?!?!

I also laugh at folks who believe certain things just because, even if they aren’t true

He’s saying that gender restrictions lead to many 18 year old male athletes not wanting to attend an all male school in a small college town. How many 18 year old players do you think would be influenced by something like mandatory Corps enrollment and no women allowed... I think MANY players would have gave that a hard pass. Which does in fact effect how good the team is when you practically handcuffed yourself into a much smaller talent pool... Not really sure why you think that’s funny or what you don’t understand about it. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

No, I'm actually referring to real bama bandwagon fans. Not people from Alabama that are here now. 

People that always wearing tshirts, hats, jerseys, etc. of the current champs of each individual sport. Seahawks afew years ago...then broncos...then phillly... on and on. Red Sox then Astros, then ?. The Heat then Golden State...then Cavaliers....yada, yada, yada. 

I agree. I’m somewhat surprised we haven’t seen more Clemson t-shirts than we have. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

You are still feeding the war efforts in WW2?  Damn, really  #### to be an Aggie

Who said anything in the present tense? A&M DID put more officers into the war than the service academies combined. So I'd say that's a pretty big deal and worth the restrictions we dealt with in athletics.... Too bad we can't say "We won a lot of games while others had restrictions!!!" I guess.

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

He’s saying that gender restrictions lead to many 18 year old male athletes not wanting to attend an all male school in a small college town. How many 18 year old players do you think would be influenced by something like mandatory Corps enrollment and no women allowed... I think MANY players would have gave that a hard pass. Which does in fact effect how good the team is when you practically handcuffed yourself into a much smaller talent pool... Not really sure why you think that’s funny or what you don’t understand about it. 

Common sense eludes tbird. Tbird makes db look smart sometimes.... And that's saying something. 😂😂😂

• LOL! 1

30 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Who said anything in the present tense? A&M DID put more officers into the war than the service academies combined. So I'd say that's a pretty big deal and worth the restrictions we dealt with in athletics.... Too bad we can't say "We won a lot of games while others had restrictions!!!" I guess.

If you look at what I quoted there is no tense implied other than the knowledge of WW2 being in the past.  So if I was a 1st grader or a lost Brazilian tribesmen from the Amazon, I would think you are currently feeding those efforts. ;) 

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Much appreciated of Texas Aggies that served and led our young soldiers in battle. Numbers wise though, A&M was much larger in cadet enrollment than Westpoint and the Naval Academy combined already during WW2. It only makes sense that there were more Aggie officers. Again, much appreciated!

9 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

FOOTBALL

1981 - 2011:  UT is up 16-15.

1995 - 2011: UT is up 12-5.

2000 - 2011: UT is up 9-3.

Did you forget the 70's? The Aggies had no gender restrictions that decade. They have conveniently omitted that to try and help their narrative. 

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Did you forget the 70's? The Aggies had no gender restrictions that decade. They have conveniently omitted that to try and help their narrative. 

I don't think this makes the point you want it to make. Scholarship limitations started in 1973. And since 1975  it's 19-18 in favor of A&M. 

So yeah, you're only proving what's been said- that once the teams were on a level playing field, it's been relatively equal. BUT HEY THEM LAWNGHORNS BEAT THEM GAWD DANG AGGYS BACK IN THE DAY BOI I TELL YOU HWHAT!

55 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I don't think this makes the point you want it to make. Scholarship limitations started in 1973. And since 1975  it's 19-18 in favor of A&M. 

So yeah, you're only proving what's been said- that once the teams were on a level playing field, it's been relatively equal. BUT HEY THEM LAWNGHORNS BEAT THEM GAWD DANG AGGYS BACK IN THE DAY BOI I TELL YOU HWHAT!

The redneck impersonation missed the mark. You should’ve  went hippy/Starbucks barista. 

• LOL! 1

40 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Take your SHSU education and get out of here.

LOL :rofl:...I received EXACTLY the level of education I wanted at Sam. So your attempted dig at Sam doesn't sting me, lol. I couldn't have asked for a better degree education in my career field. When I was there, they were #1 in the nation in my degree field. 

And yes, I know, I said all that just to tell you "nope" I'm not going anywhere. 😉

4 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yea I was thinking that while reading it... The point is when all things are equal the rivalry has been much tighter head to head. Texas has excelled more against other opponents, but head to head has been close. 

So, we’ve shown the head-to-head results. Now let’s look at overall results in the current era (since 2000).

A&M

Overall record is 139-100

15 bowl game appearances with a 6-9 record

0 BCS/NY6 bowl game appearances

1 double digit wins season at 11-2 with Johnny

UT

Overall record is 173-71

18 bowl game appearances with an 11-6 record

5 BCS/NY6 bowl game appearances 

4 BCS/NY6 bowl game wins in 5 opportunities 

2 National Championship Game Appearances

1 National Championship

2 Conference Championships

10 double digit wins seasons

Aggie friends, please quit saying your recent history is equivalent to that of UT’s. These delusions are approaching the lunacy levels of the Democrats and their MSM buddies.

🤘

😝

😊

• Thanks 2
  • LOL! 1

19 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

So, we’ve shown the head-to-head results. Now let’s look at overall results in the current era (since 2000).

A&M

Overall record is 139-100

15 bowl game appearances with a 6-9 record

0 BCS/NY6 bowl game appearances

1 double digit wins season at 11-2 with Johnny

UT

Overall record is 173-71

18 bowl game appearances with an 11-6 record

5 BCS/NY6 bowl game appearances 

4 BCS/NY6 bowl game wins in 5 opportunities 

2 National Championship Game Appearances

1 National Championship

2 Conference Championships

10 double digit wins seasons

Aggie friends, please quit saying your recent history is equivalent to that of UT’s. These delusions are approaching the lunacy levels of the Democrats and their MSM buddies.

🤘

😝

😊

Friend, learn to read. Every post on this thread that even remotely compares recent history, compares head to head against each other. I even pointed out that outside of head to head, Texas has done much more than A&M has. 

But why are we still wasting breath on this? Why don’t y’all start a thread comparing yourself to you “real” rivals. You know, the greatest rivalry in college sports that y’all like to brag about. 

• Mr. P changed the title to official UT-A&M smack thread