The official thread of brilliant CFB posts and Master Debaters

23 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

So, we’ve shown the head-to-head results. Now let’s look at overall results in the current era (since 2000).

A&M

Overall record is 139-100

15 bowl game appearances with a 6-9 record

0 BCS/NY6 bowl game appearances

1 double digit wins season at 11-2 with Johnny

UT

Overall record is 173-71

18 bowl game appearances with an 11-6 record

5 BCS/NY6 bowl game appearances 

4 BCS/NY6 bowl game wins in 5 opportunities 

2 National Championship Game Appearances

1 National Championship

2 Conference Championships

10 double digit wins seasons

Aggie friends, please quit saying your recent history is equivalent to that of UT’s. These delusions are approaching the lunacy levels of the Democrats and their MSM buddies.

🤘

😝

😊

🤘🏻

12 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Friend, learn to read. Every post on this thread that even remotely compares recent history, compares head to head against each other. I even pointed out that outside of head to head, Texas has done much more than A&M has. 

But why are we still wasting breath on this? Why don’t y’all start a thread comparing yourself to you “real” rivals. You know, the greatest rivalry in college sports that y’all like to brag about. 

Yes Wet, I actually posted some head-to-head stats further up in this thread.

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Friend, learn to read. Every post on this thread that even remotely compares recent history, compares head to head against each other. I even pointed out that outside of head to head, Texas has done much more than A&M has. 

But why are we still wasting breath on this? Why don’t y’all start a thread comparing yourself to you “real” rivals. You know, the greatest rivalry in college sports that y’all like to brag about. 

Depends on your definition of recent.  Do you pick the inception of the Big12?  Or 2000? Dip into the 90’s?  To me they’re tainted and shouldn’t count.   Recent to me is 5-6 years and they haven’t played.  There was a couple opportunities for bowl matchups but the conference that gets to choose where their teams go opted away from it.  

It’s not wasting anything, you’re here arguing it.  It just irks you to be the only group in America that thinks the Aggies are a historically better program than Texas.  Even in an up and down season for Texas they won 10, played in a conference championship game, and won a sugar bowl against a team that the sec prides themselves on.  

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

Lmao these two chuckle****s are still trying to be serious! They must be a blast at parties.... Well they probably don't get invited to many, but you get the point. 😂😂😂

Hahaha!! Come on JF, let’s not have you hiding from the fact those Longhorns have had more success historically, recently and are the hotter team heading into the future. 😁

• Thanks 1

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Hahaha!! Come on JF, let’s not have you hiding from the fact those Longhorns have had more success historically, recently and are the hotter team heading into the future. 😁

Bruh, if living vicariously through a school you didn't attend makes you feel complete, go for it! You're in great company with the likes of db and tbird! 😂😂😂

Just now, JohnnyFootball said:

Bruh, if living vicariously through a school you didn't attend makes you feel complete, go for it! You're in great company with the likes of db and tbird! 😂😂😂

I didn’t realize tuition is what made someone a fan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Well, the best I can give you is I graduated from UT Tyler. I guess at least I was part of the UT System.

However, there are definitely thousands of folks around Texas who are either A&M or UT fans who did not attend those schools. 

26 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Depends on your definition of recent.  Do you pick the inception of the Big12?  Or 2000? Dip into the 90’s?  To me they’re tainted and shouldn’t count.   Recent to me is 5-6 years and they haven’t played.  There was a couple opportunities for bowl matchups but the conference that gets to choose where their teams go opted away from it.  

It’s not wasting anything, you’re here arguing it.  It just irks you to be the only group in America that thinks the Aggies are a historically better program than Texas.  Even in an up and down season for Texas they won 10, played in a conference championship game, and won a sugar bowl against a team that the sec prides themselves on.  

Has anyone in this thread said anything about A&M being a better program than Texas? Has anyone on SDC ever said that? The answer is no. 

If someone is irked by something, it’s you irked by me. Because I own you. Now run along obsessed one. Let the grownups talk. 

23 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Better team heading into the future is highly questionable. Don’t let one win vs Georgia cloud this... A&M would have done similarly well imo against someone of better caliber, but A&M can’t nearly win its conference and get a good bowl bid simply because its conference is weaker like some others can. Lol

29 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Wetsu, I just wanted to make the point, which you also just corroborated in your last post how much more success UT has had overall in football since 2000, what I guess we could call the current era in sports.

I don’t think anyone ever denied that.... Like I mentioned, the only thing talked about was head to head results, which are comparable once scholarships restrictions hit, which is what I consider the modern era of college football. Sure we can look back at wins and losses from before that, but that’s literally like comparing Notre Dame to Army. Texas and A&M simply were not attempting to be equals like they are now. Texas was a sports “regular” college while A&M was a service academy wanna be basically. The priorities of the two and the way they did business were so different, it’s very hard to fathom anything but the results to be lopsided in Texas favor: 

btw I’m not ashamed of that. I am proud of the history of Texas A&M. Their good and the bad. I wouldn’t trade it for a better football record against Texas. And yes I think their record would be much better if they had cared more about beating Texas than staying true to their vision as a university. 

16 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Has anyone in this thread said anything about A&M being a better program than Texas? Has anyone on SDC ever said that? The answer is no. 

If someone is irked by something, it’s you irked by me. Because I own you. Now run along obsessed one. Let the grownups talk. 

Lol, you own nothing.  

This isn’t the only site I read.  And the general consensus among Aggies I come in contact with or read, is that aTm is a better program recently.  Historically doesn’t really matter to me. If it did I know you’ll never change your mind about your traditions and restrictions that you’ve indoctrinated yourself with anyway.  I’m not the one here saying there’s nothing to see yet arguing otherwise.  

19 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Better team heading into the future is highly questionable. Don’t let one win vs Georgia cloud this... A&M would have done similarly well imo against someone of better caliber, but A&M can’t nearly win its conference and get a good bowl bid simply because its conference is weaker like some others can. Lol

Won’t you get to finally play georgia this year?  8th year in conference right?!  

12 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I don’t think anyone ever denied that.... Like I mentioned, the only thing talked about was head to head results, which are comparable once scholarships restrictions hit, which is what I consider the modern era of college football. Sure we can look back at wins and losses from before that, but that’s literally like comparing Notre Dame to Army. Texas and A&M simply were not attempting to be equals like they are now. Texas was a sports “regular” college while A&M was a service academy wanna be basically. The priorities of the two and the way they did business were so different, it’s very hard to fathom anything but the results to be lopsided in Texas favor: 

btw I’m not ashamed of that. I am proud of the history of Texas A&M. Their good and the bad. I wouldn’t trade it for a better football record against Texas. And yes I think their record would be much better if they had cared more about beating Texas than staying true to their vision as a university. 

I agree with their motives and goals in the WWII Era being much different and I too am proud of Texas A&M for having played a key role in defending freedom and America over the course of history.

I mean that very sincerely. 👍

In keeping with the theme I helped create this morning in looking at the big picture football-wise we’re going to expand that to all athletics competitions and keep it within the last 60 years. So, this will be more historical, but will include the modern era and will be when A&M and UT began and continued to compete against each other with the same goals in mind as far as athletics is concerned.

Now, unlike the first big post I brought in this morning, I am not looking up these stats myself out of the sake of time. I will post what I’ve seen on Twitter this morning after we started our banter back and forth today.

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

I agree with their motives and goals in the WWII Era being much different and I too am proud of Texas A&M for having played a key role in defending freedom and America over the course of history.

I mean that very sincerely. 👍

In keeping with the theme I helped create this morning in looking at the big picture football-wise we’re going to expand that to all athletics competitions and keep it within the last 60 years. So, this will be more historical, but will include the modern era and will be when A&M and UT began and continued to compete against each other with the same goals in mind as far as athletics is concerned.

Now, unlike the first big post I brought in this morning, I am not looking up these stats myself out of the sake of time. I will post what I’ve seen on Twitter this morning after we started our banter back and forth today.

What exactly is your goal here? I don’t think anyone is denying that Texas has a better athletic department over the last 60 years. Are you wanting us to acknowledge that? Is that the goal? 

Yes, Texas is better at sports than A&M. I am not denying that. 

Just now, WETSU said:

What exactly is your goal here? I don’t think anyone is denying that Texas has a better athletic department over the last 60 years. Are you wanting us to acknowledge that? Is that the goal? 

Hey he only went to ut Tyler so he gets all of his ideas from some loser on Twitter with hipster glasses who he thinks is smart lmao!!!

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

83191EA6-5C09-4E0D-B075-F402ED24B6CB.png

I think he means potential honestly. Everything from money to alumni to facilities to recruiting potential is in place. I don’t think he believes they have produced top 5 results, just that they have top 5 resources. 

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The goal this morning was to harass you and JF a little bit.

😋

• Mr. P changed the title to official UT-A&M smack thread