The official thread of brilliant CFB posts and Master Debaters

1 minute ago, WETSU said:

I think he means potential honestly. Everything from money to alumni to facilities to recruiting potential is in place. I don’t think he believes they have produced top 5 results, just that they have top 5 resources. 

A&M does have top 5 resources and potential.

14 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Lol, you own nothing.  

This isn’t the only site I read.  And the general consensus among Aggies I come in contact with or read, is that aTm is a better program recently.  Historically doesn’t really matter to me. If it did I know you’ll never change your mind about your traditions and restrictions that you’ve indoctrinated yourself with anyway.  I’m not the one here saying there’s nothing to see yet arguing otherwise.  

If we are talking your definition of recently, (you said 5-6 years up above didn’t you?) than yes A&M has had a better team overall the last 6 years. A Heisman winner, top 5 finish, winning record every year, better bowl record... So no, I do not believe your one win over Georgia makes your team better over your own definition of recent success. 

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

A&M does have top 5 resources and potential.

I agree. Which is exactly what I expect a athletic director to say going into his new job wouldn’t you agree? 

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

If we are talking your definition of recently, (you said 5-6 years up above didn’t you?) than yes A&M has had a better team overall the last 6 years. A Heisman winner, top 5 finish, winning record every year, better bowl record... So no, I do not believe your one win over Georgia makes your team better over your own definition of recent success. 

I don’t think aTm has done enough to overtake Texas either

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I agree. Which is exactly what I expect a athletic director to say going into his new job wouldn’t you agree? 

No doubt, especially if it’s true. A&M is in Texas and not stuck way out in Lubbock. The fans are obsessed with TAMU, and there are plenty of big donor Ags pumping the university with $$.

You get a great education there and the post-graduation real life Aggie Connection is like nothing I’ve ever seen; it’s truly amazing how Aggies look out for other Aggies in many different industries. 

Back to sports, A&M does have vast potential and has not yet fully harnessed it.

13 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I don’t think aTm has done enough to overtake Texas either

In the last six years... Your definition of recent success....

A&M 60-31

Texas 50-40

A&M 0 losing seasons

Texas 3 losing seasons. 

A&M 6 first rd draft picks

Texas 0 first rd draft picks

A&M 1 Heisman

Texas 0 Heisman

Texas 1 conference title appearance 

A&M 0 conference title appearance 

First off, what part of those numbers leads you to believe at all that A&M hasn’t had a better run the last 6 years?!? Second off, having better success over a certain period of time does not mean a team needs to “overtake” another team. You compare the results of the desired time period not assume needs to be overtaken to begin with. Because let’s face it, A&M could win 5 straight sec titles and 3 National champions in the next 5 years while Texas goes 4-8 and you still wouldn’t think A&M overtook Texas simply because Texas won a bunch of games before your dad was born...

11 minutes ago, WETSU said:

In the last six years... Your definition of recent success....

A&M 60-31

Texas 50-40

A&M 0 losing seasons

Texas 3 losing seasons. 

A&M 6 first rd draft picks

Texas 0 first rd draft picks

A&M 1 Heisman

Texas 0 Heisman

Texas 1 conference title appearance 

A&M 0 conference title appearance 

First off, what part of those numbers leads you to believe at all that A&M hasn’t had a better run the last 6 years?!? Second off, having better success over a certain period of time does not mean a team needs to “overtake” another team. You compare the results of the desired time period not assume needs to be overtaken to begin with. Because let’s face it, A&M could win 5 straight sec titles and 3 National champions in the next 5 years while Texas goes 4-8 and you still wouldn’t think A&M overtook Texas simply because Texas won a bunch of games before your dad was born...

Texas has a few bad years for sure, and aTm had an opportunity to distance themselves.  They didn’t.  Winning 66% of your games didn’t do it.  All of it could be solved if they played, but we know it won’t happen.  CDC has tried to make it happen and the sec didn’t want the matchup in bowl games.  

Had aTm went 75-15 in that span with a couple of NY6 appearances it might have changed their national perception.

7 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

No doubt, especially if it’s true. A&M is in Texas and not stuck way out in Lubbock. The fans are obsessed with TAMU, and there are plenty of big donor Ags pumping the university with $$.

You get a great education there and the post-graduation real life Aggie Connection is like nothing I’ve ever seen; it’s truly amazing how Aggies look out for other Aggies in many different industries. 

Back to sports, A&M does have vast potential and has not yet fully harnessed it.

I agree they still are trying to learn how to win. Winning starts at the top. Above the HC, above the AD all the way up to the Board. They have to be on the same page and hire the right president. Who has to hire the right AD, who has to hire the right coaches and give them the right money to get the right facilities they need, the coaches have to hire the right assistant coaches... point is A&M has never figured this out yet and they still will butt heads up top and it trickles down. Learning to win means putting egos aside and having one vision and being a slave to the W. Time will tell if A&M can accomplish this. 

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Texas has a few bad years for sure, and aTm had an opportunity to distance themselves.  They didn’t.  Winning 66% of your games didn’t do it.  All of it could be solved if they played, but we know it won’t happen.  CDC has tried to make it happen and the sec didn’t want the matchup in bowl games.  

Quit playing that sec protected A&M card... the game would still be happening in the regular season if Texas didn’t cry like a baby and refuse to play when A&M left. A&M tried to keep the game and Texas made it a big deal. Now we won’t get the game back because of egos. 

8 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Had aTm went 75-15 in that span with a couple of NY6 appearances it might have changed their national perception.

That’s where you’re wrong though... national perception has absolutely changed. You’re blind if you don’t see it. You don’t want to see it, and you’re arrogant enough to not see it, but national perception absolutely changed for the better since 2012. 

5 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Quit playing that sec protected A&M card... the game would still be happening in the regular season if Texas didn’t cry like a baby and refuse to play when A&M left. A&M tried to keep the game and Texas made it a big deal. Now we won’t get the game back because of egos. 

Quit playing the Texas crying card.  They tried to make it happen recently.  aTm’s AD said no.

2 minutes ago, WETSU said:

That’s where you’re wrong though... national perception has absolutely changed. You’re blind if you don’t see it. You don’t want to see it, and you’re arrogant enough to not see it, but national perception absolutely changed for the better since 2012. 

You should read more than just Aggie sites.  

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

You should read more than just Aggie sites.  

It’s not about reading sites. I don’t care about dudes with your IQ level or what they think about A&M, because they either don’t know or won’t admit what’s really happening.

A&M is landing talent from all over the country, luring top coaches from established programs, generating tons of media coverage that they didn’t get prior to the sec move... national perception has changed among the people who matter. Coaches and recruits. And national experts. Not some internet tough guy from a rival fan base... 

7 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Quit playing the Texas crying card.  They tried to make it happen recently.  aTm’s AD said no.

Because Texas said no first... are you not capable of understand how egos work? 

You can’t point the blame at A&M now when it was Texas that started it... if Texas hadn’t started it the game would have never ended. Now BOTH programs are to blame for it. 

3 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Because Texas said no first... are you not capable of understand how egos work? 

You can’t point the blame at A&M now when it was Texas that started it... if Texas hadn’t started it the game would have never ended. Now BOTH programs are to blame for it. 

Texas said no to playing thanksgiving at first.  They countered with a September offer that was declined.  

21 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Wet, just stop. They have no interest in discussing things in good faith with you and have explicitly said so. 

Now now, I did say the main goal was to harass you two this morning, but that means to get some discussion going back and forth. We did have some convo today. 

Summertime with very little sports outside of baseball going on right now. We needed some fun to break up any boredom.

• Mr. P changed the title to official UT-A&M smack thread