Carson Wentz Contract Extension

Field Yates- The Eagles have signed QB Carson Wentz to a four-year extension through 2024.

Cant wait to see what the numbers are. Should give Cowboy fans a look at what Dak could potentially get.

Adam Schefter- 

Eagles are giving Carson Wentz a four-year, $128 million contract extension that include guarantees over $107 million, per source. 

Wentz’s total deal is now six years for $154 million, per sources 

Wentz gets $32m per on the extension. Drafted same year as Dak. Wentz has played 40 out of 48 games, 70 TDs/28 INTs, 4 4th quarter comebacks. Dak? 48 out of 48, 67 TDs/ 25 INTs, 8 comebacks. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Stoney said:

Wentz gets $32m per on the extension. Drafted same year as Dak. Wentz has played 40 out of 48 games, 70 TDs/28 INTs, 4 4th quarter comebacks. Dak? 48 out of 48, 67 TDs/ 25 INTs, 8 comebacks. 

Wow...  the power of the ring. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AKA said:

Wow...  the power of the ring. 

I hear ya!! But he didnt actually "get" them the ring...Nick Foles did. He's getting paid for potential, not what he's actually done imo. 

Dak has been more durable & consistent than Wentz. Their numbers are pretty similar (when Wentz actually played), and Dak has 2 NFCE titles out of his three years and has had a winning record all three years. And has won more games in that period than anybody except Brady. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TTman7 said:

I hear ya!! But he didnt actually "get" them the ring...Nick Foles did. He's getting paid for potential, not what he's actually done imo. 

Oh I agree. I agree 100 percent. But since the Eagles messed up by not holding onto Foles, they've gotta double-down on Wentz.    :D 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AKA said:

Oh I agree. I agree 100 percent. But since the Eagles messed up by not holding onto Foles, they've gotta double-down on Wentz.    :D 

Call me crazy but you can’t tell me Foles in the short run is better for Philly than Wentz in the long run.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Call me crazy but you can’t tell me Foles in the short run is better for Philly than Wentz in the long run.

Philadelphia chose...    poorly. 

Field Yates- 

Carson Wentz contract breakdown:

Signing bonus: $16,367,683

Base salary/roster bonuses:

2019: $720K

2020: $1.383M & $8M

2021: $3.9M & 10M

2022: $18.5M & $1K

2023: $18M & $5M

2024: $21M & $5M

Team option for 2020: $30M