7 gilmer

6 waco connally

5 WO-S

4 cuero

3 silsbee

2 jasper

1 pleasant grove

• Like 1

La Vega going to be hard to beat. For sure the favorite. 

Carthage senior class is pretty stacked. I think 7 or 8 of them were on that 2017 team as sophomores. They haven’t lost many games in their careers so far. This was the next class fans were waiting on. Plus the junior class is loaded as well. 

If not for LV I think Carthage would be heavy favorites. But them boys are tough. 

4 hours ago, lionpride08 said:

D1

10) Decatur

9) lampasas

8 henderson

7 paris

6 sealy

5 midlothian heritage

4 liberty hill 

3 argyle 

2 carthage

1 waco la vega

D2

10 lubbock estacado

9 graham

8 lorena

7 gilmer

6 waco connally

5 WO-S

4 cuero

3 silsbee

2 jasper

1 pleasant grove

love to see this jasper Silsbee and wo-s all in a roll  all play each other also in reg season 

2 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Henderson’s ranked? Maybe they’ll want to schedule us next time around. 

Henderson ranked too high. No QB has been developed sooo I guess Medford will be it. But they did go 4 deep one year with Monsta Brown at QB and Medford is a better passer than him..

Senior class has always been good on the athletes end and the lineman end. Let's see what happens.

51 minutes ago, broncbuster11 said:

I had thought Henderson lost quite a bit. Could be wrong but have been hearing they’re going to be way down this year from where they’ve been.

Gonna be down after this year I think. Seniors have always been good. Tons of kids have transferred that are not in this senior group and it's gonna hurt the future from what I hear. Thank goodness for the new sup.

If you watch the video on TexasFootball they are really high on PG. They have them as heavy favorites and winning state. PG has solidified themselves as an elite team in DII. 

Question in DII is what is Gilmer gonna do. I know they return a lot on offense. Was last year just an outlier? I remember in 2015 when Carthage went 6-6 with an unbelievably young team. Those boys came back and went back to back. I know Gilmer has the guys. 

Another couple interesting teams are Paris and Sealy in D1. Paris gave Argyle all they wanted. We’re put out by LV 38-20. Which no shame in that. Maybe they are building something. I know they have athletes.

Sealy another team I am watching and interested in. Shane Mobley can coach football. LH probably still the favorite in R4, but they lost a lot. 

This might also be Carthage’s last year in D1. Not sure if the enrollment is growing, but Carthage was 6 kids from being DII last alignment. I would hope the UIL sets the numbers to keep Carthage D1. 

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

What’s wrong if Carthage is in DII?

Well it would take Carthage away from natural rivals in Kilgore and Henderson. I think in DI Carthage would almost definitely stay in the same district with all of Carthage old district mates. There really is no other place that makes sense. If the UIL puts Carthage in DII there would be a chance that they would send them south again (D9). Not sure fans are interested in playing any of those teams outside of maybe Jasper. The obvious thing to do would be to add them in with PG, LE, and Gilmer. Both those districts (6 & 9) currently have 5 teams. But who knows with the UIL when it comes to realignment. I just think you know what you get staying in D1. 

Just an opinion. I would imagine a lot of Dawg fans would feel the same way. But that’s a conversation for later. Just thinking ahead of possibilities.

4 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

La Vega going to be hard to beat. For sure the favorite. 

Carthage senior class is pretty stacked. I think 7 or 8 of them were on that 2017 team as sophomores. They haven’t lost many games in their careers so far. This was the next class fans were waiting on. Plus the junior class is loaded as well. 

If not for LV I think Carthage would be heavy favorites. But them boys are tough. 

All depends on QB play. 

There's no question in my mind that Liberty-Eylau will start season slow with its schedule and a new coach. Don't see them matching up well with Pleasant Grove if the Hawks are healthy, but I think L-K can challenge Gilmer for second place and maybe a deep run in the playoffs. L-E has some outstanding young talent, just unproven. New coaching staff has credentials, just hope the chemistry is there.

3 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Well it would take Carthage away from natural rivals in Kilgore and Henderson. I think in DI Carthage would almost definitely stay in the same district with all of Carthage old district mates. There really is no other place that makes sense. If the UIL puts Carthage in DII there would be a chance that they would send them south again (D9). Not sure fans are interested in playing any of those teams outside of maybe Jasper. The obvious thing to do would be to add them in with PG, LE, and Gilmer. Both those districts (6 & 9) currently have 5 teams. But who knows with the UIL when it comes to realignment. I just think you know what you get staying in D1. 

Just an opinion. I would imagine a lot of Dawg fans would feel the same way. But that’s a conversation for later. Just thinking ahead of possibilities.

I would hope nobody is actually crazy enough to create a district with PG, LE, Gilmer, Pittsburg AND Carthage. That's more teams that could go multiple rounds deep than there are playoff spots. For ideal travel, I'd put them in District 7. But 9 would be more reasonably competitive. Carthage would make a joke out of 7.

4 hours ago, mTex said:

I would hope nobody is actually crazy enough to create a district with PG, LE, Gilmer, Pittsburg AND Carthage. That's more teams that could go multiple rounds deep than there are playoff spots. For ideal travel, I'd put them in District 7. But 9 would be more reasonably competitive. Carthage would make a joke out of 7.

D9 wouldn’t be much better as far as competition from D7. Agree travel is better in D7. Put them in D6 it loads all the top teams in the region in 1 district.

This is what I mean leave’em D1. But this is a conversation for later.

11 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I think it's La Vega's too lose in D1. JMO. This new coach put them over the top IMO with the tons of talent they have flowing through there year in and out.

I agree. They got better when Hyde took over. He also has them competing in 7 on 7. I believe they won state in track too. They are rolling. But so is Carthage. Loaded junior and senior class. Let’s see. Going to be fun.

Carthage run defense is going to have to be better than last year to stop LH or LV. That’s for sure.

9 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

I agree. They got better when Hyde took over. He also has them competing in 7 on 7. I believe they won state in track too. They are rolling. But so is Carthage. Loaded junior and senior class. Let’s see. Going to be fun.

Carthage run defense is going to have to be better than last year to stop LH or LV. That’s for sure.

Totally agree. Carthage will have something to say about it. I know the QB position is up in the air but there's no doubt he will have one groomed by the time the playoffs roll around. It will be fun to watch the progression.

9 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

All depends on QB play

LV may have gotten better at the QB spot due to a move in.  He played in the state championship game as a corner.  Landry Kinne, C.J. Kinne's younger brother.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, coachkells said:

LV may have gotten better at the QB spot due to a move in.  He played in the state championship game as a corner.  Landry Kinne, C.J. Kinne's younger brother.  

Man, those Kinnes move more than an Army brat. Somehow they always end up at places that have recently won Championships or have a good shot at a Championship. Smh

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Totally agree. Carthage will have something to say about it. I know the QB position is up in the air but there's no doubt he will have one groomed by the time the playoffs roll around. It will be fun to watch the progression.

I’m hearing the QB position will be fine.  With all the college coaches coming through to get a look at Dixon, Crawford, Hicks, Owens, Ingram, Williams, etc. I’m hearing one of the QB’s has gotten a lot of interest himself.  Just like two years ago, he will not be asked to carry the offense on his back this year.  He will have multiple weapons at WR and RB and a huge offensive line.  All he will have to do is run the offense and get the ball in the hands of the playmakers.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Man, those Kinnes move more than an Army brat. Somehow they always end up at places that have recently won Championships or have a good shot at a Championship. Smh

That ain’t no lie!!! His pops was let go of the DC job in Denton mid season giving up about 45 points a game. Wondered if he was hired at LV?

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I’m hearing the QB position will be fine.  With all the college coaches coming through to get a look at Dixon, Crawford, Hicks, Owens, Ingram, Williams, etc. I’m hearing one of the QB’s has gotten a lot of interest himself.  Just like two years ago, he will not be asked to carry the offense on his back this year.  He will have multiple weapons at WR and RB and a huge offensive line.  All he will have to do is run the offense and get the ball in the hands of the playmakers.

So he's already named a starter? Who is it?