Dave Campbell preseason top 10 4a d1 & d2

lionpride08

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

I believe you will remember soon enough who the Carthage Dawgs are.

I am hoping Kilgore is good this year, it is always better when Kilgore and Henderson are contenders.

Lets Go Dawgs !!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans.

👆... Yeah what he said!! Kilgore fans hoping dem' Dog's are good too. Those C-Dawgs gonna take that 👆 soon enough. Would you believe me if I told you I'm a fortune reader? 

• Stinks 1

On 6/10/2019 at 8:23 AM, MattStepp said:

Graham was super young last year.....19 starters back....should be the favorite in Region I...I think people forget just how top heavy 4A D2 is....after about 5 teams the drop is significant

I just don't see them being ready this year.  They weren't very impressive...  then again, we saw them week 2 or 3.

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I just don't see them being ready this year.  They weren't very impressive...  then again, we saw them week 2 or 3.

Exactly, you saw a very young team early in the season....those types of teams tend to be much different later in the year and Graham certainly was....they are a team whose arrow is definitely pointed up losing just three starters

On 6/10/2019 at 7:27 AM, SHillBuckeye said:

I was curious to see "if" Gilmer was going to be included or not, then on the revel show, they mentioned the Buckeyes had 19 returning starters or so. I believe PG is also returning 19 starters? If so, my gosh, and then add Jackson into the mix after missing the year with injury, and I think Div II is the Hawk's to lose. 

PG is loaded

15 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Carthage at PG this fall is going to be another instant classic!

honestly....losing that game last year bothered me more than losing state.  Don't get me wrong....I'd rather have the ring any day!!!  But the WAY we lost because of a unforced turnover just hurt.  😞

19 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Carthage at PG this fall is going to be another instant classic!

we've been worried about having enough seating for this game, but now we have Carthage folks telling us  that you guys dont travel well until the playoffs.  Surely that isn't true.  Carthage fans won't stay home for this one will they?

1 hour ago, Hawk20 said:

we've been worried about having enough seating for this game, but now we have Carthage folks telling us  that you guys dont travel well until the playoffs.  Surely that isn't true.  Carthage fans won't stay home for this one will they?

For a reference point for you --------- Carthage will "probably" bring about as many as Atlanta has to PG the last few years, when it was an important district game(they are in different classifications now, but for years were in the same district)………………With that being said, Atlanta is 75 miles closer to Texarkana than Carthage

3 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

Carthage don’t travel well for a home game unless it’s a rivalry. 

3 hours ago, cotton84 said:

For a reference point for you --------- Carthage will "probably" bring about as many as Atlanta has to PG the last few years, when it was an important district game(they are in different classifications now, but for years were in the same district)………………With that being said, Atlanta is 75 miles closer to Texarkana than Carthage

If both teams are ranked #1 or #2 in D1 and D2 the Dawg fans will be there.  Look at 2017 Gilmer game at Gilmer.  We had people standing line to get in at 1pm for a 7pm start time.

• LOL! 1

5 hours ago, Hawk20 said:

honestly....losing that game last year bothered me more than losing state.  Don't get me wrong....I'd rather have the ring any day!!!  But the WAY we lost because of a unforced turnover just hurt.  😞

Don't forget the Carthage turnovers and mistakes. PG definitely had a chance to win at the end until fumbling, but Carthage also had a chance to build big lead early and fumbled more than once.

Just now, 68Hornet said:

Don't forget the Carthage turnovers and mistakes. PG definitely had a chance to win at the end until fumbling, but Carthage also had a chance to build big lead early and fumbled more than once.

their turnovers and mistakes never bothered me🤣

• LOL! 2

On 6/10/2019 at 10:30 AM, SHillBuckeye said:

I would tend to agree, but any team that made the playoffs and returns 19 starters, should raise some eyebrows. That tough schedule they played last year only helped them. I didn't expect the loss to Paris, Liberty Eylau or Pittsburg  last year. Key injuries played a big part, but it allowed some guys that return this year get some extended playing time against some darn good teams. My two biggest questions coming into this season will be QB play. Gilmer always has pretty dominate QB than can run when flushed out of the pocket. They lacked that last year. Also defense. Something has to be done here. Preparation. Teaching. Something, because the lack of a secondary and overall defensive speed was a killer last year. Perhaps some of the young guys moving up can help out?

You should have expected loss to Paris. They were damn good, easily one of the top 4A DI teams

17 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

You should have expected loss to Paris. They were damn good, easily one of the top 4A DI teams

I didn't "expect" to lose to Paris.  I knew Paris was a better team than in the past, I just didn't "expect" us to have the season we had last year.  Going into this season, I EXPECT us to be much better than last year.  Us diehard fans EXPECT no less than a winning season, and a deep run in the playoffs.  Everything else is icing on the cake.

On 6/11/2019 at 11:47 PM, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Gabe says Kai Horton is expected to be the starter at QB for Carthage this fall.

Horton is going to be a junior. He’s 6’-4”, 205-210 pounds. Pocket passer, but looks to be able to scramble well enough to extend plays and find a receiver.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

Here is some video of Horton and Dixon from the 7 on 7 league play Tuesday night in Marshall.

https://247sports.com/Article/Kelvontay-Dixon-Texas-Arkansas-football-recruiting-highlights-7-on-7-132827545/

On 6/7/2019 at 11:04 PM, BulldogBacker12 said:

Well it would take Carthage away from natural rivals in Kilgore and Henderson. I think in DI Carthage would almost definitely stay in the same district with all of Carthage old district mates. There really is no other place that makes sense. If the UIL puts Carthage in DII there would be a chance that they would send them south again (D9). Not sure fans are interested in playing any of those teams outside of maybe Jasper. The obvious thing to do would be to add them in with PG, LE, and Gilmer. Both those districts (6 & 9) currently have 5 teams. But who knows with the UIL when it comes to realignment. I just think you know what you get staying in D1. 

Just an opinion. I would imagine a lot of Dawg fans would feel the same way. But that’s a conversation for later. Just thinking ahead of possibilities.

Definitely.