Dave Campbell preseason top 10 4a d1 & d2

lionpride08

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 8:23 AM, MattStepp said:

Graham was super young last year.....19 starters back....should be the favorite in Region I...I think people forget just how top heavy 4A D2 is....after about 5 teams the drop is significant

#10 at Qb for Graham looks really good passing the ball. Arm strength and accuracy. Anyone know this kids name?

Hawks will be tested right out of the gate by Paris in the Home opener. Trust me Paris is really good this year. Carthage for Homecoming? Now that is going to be an exciting game to be at! Hawks will unveil a running game this year that will rival 2017's 3 headed monster. The Hawks Offense this year , (yes I know this is a bold statement) but I believe they will put up better numbers than 2017. Get ready! I'm a little concerned with the Hawks Dbs but with the 2 D1 ends coming after the QB and some serious speed at Linebacker there's not going to be much time for the QB to throw. Looking forward to a great season for the Hawks. 

4 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Hawks will be tested right out of the gate by Paris in the Home opener. Trust me Paris is really good this year. Carthage for Homecoming? Now that is going to be an exciting game to be at! Hawks will unveil a running game this year that will rival 2017's 3 headed monster. The Hawks Offense this year , (yes I know this is a bold statement) but I believe they will put up better numbers than 2017. Get ready! I'm a little concerned with the Hawks Dbs but with the 2 D1 ends coming after the QB and some serious speed at Linebacker there's not going to be much time for the QB to throw. Looking forward to a great season for the Hawks. 

One of yalls RBs committed to BYU. Lots of talent in that backfield. 

5 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Come on now. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. No way we put up numbers like 2017. 3 seniors killed it that year. 3 guys over 1,000 each. Bruce is only returning guy In the backfield this year with any experience at the varsity level 

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 6:18 PM, Hawkguy888 said:

Come on now. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. No way we put up numbers like 2017. 3 seniors killed it that year. 3 guys over 1,000 each. Bruce is only returning guy In the backfield this year with any experience at the varsity level 

Bruce, KJ, and Nick,, I believe that is 2017 2.0! If you combine Chauncey and TJ from 2017 you would have a Nick Martin! JMO! KJ can get gone in a hurry we know what Bruce brings. Should be a recipe for a similar 2017 run game. As far as experience goes James did a mighty fine job for the Hawks last year without varsity starting experience the previous year. I think the better argument in regards to the running game from 2017 to 2019 is that the Hawks may not ever have another O-Line like 2017. The running backs in comparison in my opinion are a better squad than 2017. Bruce is definitely better than he was in 2017.

One more thing, Bruce is not the only back with any experience. Nick was a full time starter last year as a sophomore. He didn't run the ball much due to an early season hand injury. But if I recall he had like 30 carries for the whole season averaging 6 ypc or something like that. He also started as OLB for every game last year. Kj was a transfer and was not eligible last year but I hear he can fly.

2 hours ago, Hawknation03 said:

Bruce, KJ, and Nick,, I believe that is 2017 2.0! If you combine Chauncey and TJ from 2017 you would have a Nick Martin! JMO! KJ can get gone in a hurry we know what Bruce brings. Should be a recipe for a similar 2017 run game. As far as experience goes James did a mighty fine job for the Hawks last year without varsity starting experience the previous year. I think the better argument in regards to the running game from 2017 to 2019 is that the Hawks may not ever have another O-Line like 2017. The running backs in comparison in my opinion are a better squad than 2017. Bruce is definitely better than he was in 2017.

Agree to Disagree. 

GO HAWKS

Wonder how many starters PG will have this year that did not play 7th grade ball at PG?  I know you will say Gilmer is one to talk ,but this years PG and Spring Hill teams will each have way more move ins than Gilmer ever had.  

27 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

Wonder how many starters PG will have this year that did not play 7th grade ball at PG?  I know you will say Gilmer is one to talk ,but this years PG and Spring Hill teams will each have way more move ins than Gilmer ever had.  

since you said STARTERS.....not many

• LOL! 1

7 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

They might not have played 7th grade ball but only one didn’t play until high school and even still all three of the d lineman have played varsity since they were freshmen

My son posted that....sorry about that.

The implication you have made sounds like you are talking about move ins.  If not, then you are technically correct.  If so, you are incorrect. 

As we both know, 40 played elementary here, then went there, then came back here in 8th grade.  Can't really call him a move in.  44 didn't play football in middle school but was here and played basketball.  The running back I think you are referring to is not slated to start at this point so he does not meet your criteria. You are correct about a DB who moved here from West Virginia.

• 2 weeks later...

all of the OL and DL have been at PG since elementary to my Knowledge. Bruce and Nick are the 2 main backs this year they are both from PG. Not sure about Logan of coarse Ben is Home grown, Jackson Cobb is homegrown Dillon Hopkins is homegrown,  Sergio is home grown, Riley is homegrown so I beg to differ, the whole starting offense is PG from the get go.

Defense- DL is Homegrown, MLB's are home grown, OLB's are homegrown, saftey is a Move in, corners are homegrown. Not seeing the move in comparison with this years starters.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

all of the OL and DL have been at PG since elementary to my Knowledge. Bruce and Nick are the 2 main backs this year they are both from PG. Not sure about Logan of coarse Ben is Home grown, Jackson Cobb is homegrown Dillon Hopkins is homegrown,  Sergio is home grown, Riley is homegrown so I beg to differ, the whole starting offense is PG from the get go.

Defense- DL is Homegrown, MLB's are home grown, OLB's are homegrown, saftey is a Move in, corners are homegrown. Not seeing the move in comparison with this years starters.

Lots of move ins in the last three years. Most were/are at least two year starters 

1 minute ago, Hawkguy888 said:

Lots of move ins in the last three years. Most were/are at least two year starters 

Man don’t let people start complaining about move ins that’s what happen when a team start having success u will get kids that wanna win come to a good program 

13 minutes ago, Hawknation03 said:

Lots? Name them please I know Bladen And Cameron  was last year. Who else started last year that was a move in?

Well, from 2017 you had Porchia, Roberts, Barbour that all moved in and started. Plus the ones you named from last year. That’s 5 and I know I’m missing someone. 

Ok so Roberts, Barbour and Porchia actually came to the Grove in 2015 Right? So minus those three from last year and there was only 2 starters in 2018. I believe 2 more starters in 2019 since Cam and Bladen graduated so the average would be 2.5 move in starters from 2016 to 2019. So 22 starters not including rotation and situation players and 2 out of the 22 are move ins. Not that big of a move in ratio to me.

1 hour ago, Hawknation03 said:

Ok so Roberts, Barbour and Porchia actually came to the Grove in 2015 Right? So minus those three from last year and there was only 2 starters in 2018. I believe 2 more starters in 2019 since Cam and Bladen graduated so the average would be 2.5 move in starters from 2016 to 2019. So 22 starters not including rotation and situation players and 2 out of the 22 are move ins. Not that big of a move in ratio to me.

Like the Gilmer poster said, don’t worry about people talking that move-in or recruiting stuff. Welcome to winning. Same is said about Gilmer and Carthage. It’s obvious some parents and kids will want to send their kids to a school with a championship football program. Y’all are going to have move-ins that are good football players. Especially at a school as good as PG. Embrace it. But get ready cause it’s only going to get worse the more PG keeps winning.

• Like 1

open enrollment and a city population of 65k +, there's going to be move-ins for the foreseeable future. Texas high is down right now pg is up so that's where kids and parents will send their kids. early 2000's it was the other way around kids left pg to go to Texas high, so a lot of pgs success is from kids not moving across interstate.

On 6/18/2019 at 12:43 PM, Hawknation03 said:

Carthage for Homecoming?

All i know is this:  if we barely get a first down's worth of yards on the ground for the whole game again like last year i might need a straight jacket.

1 hour ago, DAWG91 said:

All i know is this:  if we barely get a first down's worth of yards on the ground for the whole game again like last year i might need a straight jacket.

this should be a great game and great atmosphere for high school football. also, two of the other high schools in town will be playing away.  Some of their crowds will come watch this one

1 hour ago, Hawk20 said:

this should be a great game and great atmosphere for high school football. also, two of the other high schools in town will be playing away.  Some of their crowds will come watch this one

Tell them to sit on home side or bring a lawn chair.  😄