Dave Campbell preseason top 10 4a d1 & d2

lionpride08

On 6/18/2019 at 6:18 PM, Hawkguy888 said:

Come on now. Let’s not get ahead of ourselves. No way we put up numbers like 2017. 3 seniors killed it that year. 3 guys over 1,000 each. Bruce is only returning guy In the backfield this year with any experience at the varsity level 

Facts....  In 2017, TJ, Chauncey, and Bruce rushed for 3,831 yards.  In 2018, Bruce and James rushed for 3,263 yards.  A difference of 568 yards.  Not as big a difference as everyone might have thought. 

Opinion........There will be similar numbers again this year if everyone stays healthy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hawk20 said:

Facts....  In 2017, TJ, Chauncey, and Bruce rushed for 3,831 yards.  In 2018, Bruce and James rushed for 3,263 yards.  A difference of 568 yards.  Not as big a difference as everyone might have thought. 

Opinion........There will be similar numbers again this year if everyone stays healthy.

All true, but you also had Luke Harmon, Wiggins,  Roberts, and Tyler Allen all combining for I would guess close to another 1,000 yds. 

2017 just had more dudes

On 7/11/2019 at 7:48 PM, Hogman2018 said:

They had them dudes on that offensive line!! 

They had a huge young man that played both ways. When I saw him I wouldn’t have thought he could play both ways, and that’s a nice way to say it. But that kid was a straight up bad a. Was very impressed with him as I watched the game against WOS. One of the best players on the field in the state championship that year. I want to say 74 or 79. Can’t remember. But he had a motor. 

15 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

They had a huge young man that played both ways. When I saw him I wouldn’t have thought he could play both ways, and that’s a nice way to say it. But that kid was a straight up bad a. Was very impressed with him as I watched the game against WOS. One of the best players on the field in the state championship that year. I want to say 74 or 79. Can’t remember. But he had a motor. 

77 and 90 were the two studs. 79 was also very big. 55 was small but mean as hell 

On 7/11/2019 at 8:25 PM, Hawkguy888 said:

That is without question a fact. That 2017 line is head and shoulders above the one the will have this year. And this years is gonna be great. 

Cant argue that but it does prove that last year was pretty spectacular giving the rushing numbers they put up with that Oline. So could 2017 backs have put up similar numbers with the 2018 OLine?? Hmmmm, thats debatable.

• 4 weeks later...

Not to interrupt the PG Hawk attack here.......but just discovered that Argyle got a premier move-in from San Capistrano, Cal. this summer.  2021 TE Jasper Lott from JSerra H.S stands at 6-6,  250 lbs and already holds offers from Colo, LSU, TCU, and Vandy.  He camped this summer at Clemson, UCLA, Texas, LSU, and TCU.  JSerra H.S plays the likes of John Bosco, Servite, Mater Dei and Long Beach Poly.....just to let you know.  BTW.......those O-Linemen Argyle lost to graduation last season have been replaced. All-State Preston Wilson(Okie State) has a brother Sheridan Wilson(6-4, 250, Soph) that should be a mainstay on the line for the next 3 seasons.  Jr. Jack Tucker(6-7, 265) is the only starter back from last season on the O-Line and has two seasons left......he holds offers from Baylor, TTech, Boston College, and Tulsa so far.  Sr. Micah Hiter(6-6, 340) played a back-up role at several O-line positions last season.  The point is I think Argyle will more than have themselves reloaded on the lines this season to protect Hogeboom and open up those holes for RB Byce. I'm no longer concerned like I was about the lines.

3 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Not to interrupt the PG Hawk attack here.......but just discovered that Argyle got a premier move-in from San Capistrano, Cal. this summer.  2021 TE Jasper Lott from JSerra H.S stands at 6-6,  250 lbs and already holds offers from Colo, LSU, TCU, and Vandy.  He camped this summer at Clemson, UCLA, Texas, LSU, and TCU.  JSerra H.S plays the likes of John Bosco, Servite, Mater Dei and Long Beach Poly.....just to let you know.  BTW.......those O-Linemen Argyle lost to graduation last season have been replaced. All-State Preston Wilson(Okie State) has a brother Sheridan Wilson(6-4, 250, Soph) that should be a mainstay on the line for the next 3 seasons.  Jr. Jack Tucker(6-7, 265) is the only starter back from last season on the O-Line and has two seasons left......he holds offers from Baylor, TTech, Boston College, and Tulsa so far.  Sr. Micah Hiter(6-6, 340) played a back-up role at several O-line positions last season.  The point is I think Argyle will more than have themselves reloaded on the lines this season to protect Hogeboom and open up those holes for RB Byce. I'm no longer concerned like I was about the lines.

Boom!

5 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Argyle is Argyle. They win at everything and it's a very good place to raise a kid. No secrets why people join their program.

Are they originally from DFW? I’m not hating, Carthage has had move ins before too just moving from California, if that’s where he was at and his dad is still with the Chargers..that’s a bit much.

2 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Are they originally from DFW? I’m not hating, Carthage has had move ins before too just moving from California, if that’s where he was at and his dad is still with the Chargers..that’s a bit much.

That's what I was wondering.  Weird move if his dad is still in san diego. 

I guess if you are well-off and want to get out of Calif......the DFW Metro area is a good place for your highly recruited son to play.  Argyle is on the edge of the NW metroplex and is where the city meets the country.  Lots of people would like to be able to live there...... there are affordable middle of the road subdivisions there now, as well as upper crust housing.  If I lived in Calif. today and was well-off......I'd be looking to get out of dodge too.  

• Thanks 1

I guess they did their homework and figured Argyle would be a fairly high rated place for their son to continue his high school prep career.  He has this year and another left before choosing which offer to take.  Texas high school football is highly regarded and lots of recruiters check players from the metroplex.....it's a hotbed.

According to MaxPreps.......JSerra went (9-3) last season and ended up in the State Playoffs.  They ended up ranked 17th nationally and 7th in the state.......so they play some high-caliber teams on their schedule.  Looks like Jasper Lott played on the varsity and also on the basketball team for JSerra as a soph.  Must be pretty talented, Huh?  There are a few clips on him on the MaxPreps JSerra team site.

They may have been told by recruiters to find a school where their son could play at a high level with a good passing attack where he could get alot of playing time for the next 2 yrs.  Maybe a Highland Park, Allen, and many other larger schools that are highly regarded are not as good a fit for him at this point in his development.  Most likely there are also other good reasons the family selected Argyle that we do not know about........maybe they have some connections there already.......who knows???

Typically the offensive scheme that Argyle prefers to run is a fairly even mix of run/pass that incorporates the TE as a major part of the offensive scheme.  That position requires an athletic big guy with good hands and speed that can also be highly effective in the blocking scheme.  From the outside looking in.......it appears Jasper may have found a very good fit in the Argyle Eagles to hone his strengths and abilities.

An excellent coaching staff doesn't hurt things either.