Dave Campbell preseason top 10 4a d1 & d2

lionpride08

9 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I’m hearing the QB position will be fine.  With all the college coaches coming through to get a look at Dixon, Crawford, Hicks, Owens, Ingram, Williams, etc. I’m hearing one of the QB’s has gotten a lot of interest himself.  Just like two years ago, he will not be asked to carry the offense on his back this year.  He will have multiple weapons at WR and RB and a huge offensive line.  All he will have to do is run the offense and get the ball in the hands of the playmakers.

I would think the college coaches would love the basketball player at QB. Little Morgan can sling it too.

12 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I think it's La Vega's too lose in D1. JMO. This new coach put them over the top IMO with the tons of talent they have flowing through there year in and out.

La Vega lost 8 of there monsters on defense. 

I think Carthage (Dawgs) is loaded on both sides of the ball. If the QB is the real deal like I have heard he is then give me the Dawgs as the favorite. 

Lets Go Dawgs !!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

19 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

La Vega lost 8 of there monsters on defense. 

I think Carthage (Dawgs) is loaded on both sides of the ball. If the QB is the real deal like I have heard he is then give me the Dawgs as the favorite. 

Lets Go Dawgs !!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

Cowboy got the Dawgs as the favorite! Anybody surprised?

All in fun sir. You are a great fan of the Dawgs.

I agree Carthage going to be tough. But right now I would have to say LV is the favorite. They play a style Carthage struggles with from time to time (some years). Physical teams with power run game. Plus LV has the same if not better athletes than Carthage. Let’s see how the defense plays against the run and how physical these Dawgs are this year. When it comes down to it that’s what wins championships. Carthage titles teams were all tough as nails and mean as a dang snake. Let’s see how this team responds this year. Long season ahead. Will be fun watching this bunch grow. The talent is there for sure.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Kilgore is going to fly under the radar. Watch and see I'm gonna screen save this.

Screen save what? Why should Kilgore fly under the radar? They have the largest enrollment and just as good of athletes as any team in the state on a year by year basis. Should be competing for championships every year. Under the radar, lol.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

#2 Carthage (4A DI) Vs. #4 Marshall (5A DII) in week 3 should be a good one!

A good test before our bye week and then heading into district.

Might be a different story now that y’all got a better coach. Y’all had the guys to beat Carthage last year. Just didn’t have the coach. I’m looking for Marshall to make a jump this year. I will admit Mathis brought some hype and left y’all in a good place. But I like what I see from the new coach. Looks like he is all in from stuff on social media. Rooting for the Mavs! (except week 3, haha).

10 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Depends on our QB. 

QB gonna be good. Blisset, Horton, or Morgan are all more than capable. Blisset has been on varsity 2 years already and has always looked good. Horton is 6’4 210 lbs and played well on JV. Morgan could absolutely sling it his 8th grade and Freshman year before playing safety on the varsity as a sophomore. Not even mentioning Wilson who would be the clear cut starter for a lot of teams. QB is not gonna be a problem no matter who it is.

31 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

QB gonna be good. Blisset, Horton, or Morgan are all more than capable. Blisset has been on varsity 2 years already and has always looked good. Horton is 6’4 210 lbs and played well on JV. Morgan could absolutely sling it his 8th grade and Freshman year before playing safety on the varsity as a sophomore. Not even mentioning Wilson who would be the clear cut starter for a lot of teams. QB is not gonna be a problem no matter who it is.

Morgan won’t play QB this year. He had shoulder surgery in the Spring.  He will stay at safety.  You forgot about Wilson and McNew.  I expect Wilson will move to Defense and start at CB as a Sr.  McNew transferred from Henderson and split time at QB last year on JV with Horton.  When it’s all said and done I think Horton will be the starter but McNew will him push for playing time.

1 hour ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Morgan won’t play QB this year. He had shoulder surgery in the Spring.  He will stay at safety.  You forgot about Wilson and McNew.  I expect Wilson will move to Defense and start at CB as a Sr.  McNew transferred from Henderson and split time at QB last year on JV with Horton.  When it’s all said and done I think Horton will be the starter but McNew will him push for playing time.

Rumor mill says y’all got a handful of kids moving to Longview. You know anything about that?

17 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

How good will Van be this year?

Wish someone could answer this that really knows. I just go to the games and have no real info but my thoughts are that we should be on par with last season.  Several starters graduated but on the other hand several of last years play makers will be back. Not sure we'll have the dual threat qb's this year since one graduated but I think we get one of them back after last years injury. DE and RB are a couple returning that were really impressive last year.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Rumor mill says y’all got a handful of kids moving to Longview. You know anything about that?

Maybe so not sure.  I wouldn’t expect any major contributors to make that move.  I have heard we had some move IN.  Possibly another OL/DL with lots of size and strength.  Maybe the rumor your heard is backwards?  Maybe a couple moved FROM Longview? 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Screen save what? Why should Kilgore fly under the radar? They have the largest enrollment and just as good of athletes as any team in the state on a year by year basis. Should be competing for championships every year. Under the radar, lol.

Huh? Screen shot save that Kilgore is nowhere in anyone's predictions. What does enrollment have to do with anything just because more non-athletic students choose to come to KHS doesn't mean anything. 

• Stinks 1

5 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Might be a different story now that y’all got a better coach. Y’all had the guys to beat Carthage last year. Just didn’t have the coach. I’m looking for Marshall to make a jump this year. I will admit Mathis brought some hype and left y’all in a good place. But I like what I see from the new coach. Looks like he is all in from stuff on social media. Rooting for the Mavs! (except week 3, haha).

New coach? Coach Dean has been in Kilgore ever since he came with Vallery. Coach Wood was the coach in Kilgore in 2014 and 2015 when they beat Carthage. Not really understanding your logic that your trying to point out. 

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

New coach? Coach Dean has been in Kilgore ever since he came with Vallery. Coach Wood was the coach in Kilgore in 2014 and 2015 when they beat Carthage. Not really understanding your logic that your trying to point out. 

He was referring to Marshall not Kilgore.

How has Carthage been looking in 7 on 7? Have they been to any state qualifiers?  I think they are kind of like Gilmer in 7 on 7 ,don’t make a lot of noise just do what they do and work on getting better at it.