Dave Campbell preseason top 10 4a d1 & d2

lionpride08

9 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Morgan won’t play QB this year. He had shoulder surgery in the Spring.  He will stay at safety.  You forgot about Wilson and McNew.  I expect Wilson will move to Defense and start at CB as a Sr.  McNew transferred from Henderson and split time at QB last year on JV with Horton.  When it’s all said and done I think Horton will be the starter but McNew will him push for playing time.

Thanks for the update on Morgan. I did mention Wilson but like you said I thought he would probably play defense. Did not mention McNew. I forgot about him. 

DN15 I see Carthage is playing 7 on 7 league, but I cannot see where they have played any SQT? 

5 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Huh? Screen shot save that Kilgore is nowhere in anyone's predictions. What does enrollment have to do with anything just because more non-athletic students choose to come to KHS doesn't mean anything. 

My post went right “over your radar”.

50 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

My post went right “over your radar”.

Yep it sure did! Call in the over your head comment police.... I mean if you have never absolutely read a comment wrong then I don't know what to say on that! Geezes.....!! Lawdd.. help me please!!

1 hour ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Thanks for the update on Morgan. I did mention Wilson but like you said I thought he would probably play defense. Did not mention McNew. I forgot about him. 

DN15 I see Carthage is playing 7 on 7 league, but I cannot see where they have played any SQT? 

No SQT yet to my knowledge.   I think some have been on family vacation.  I’d look for them to play in one or more later this month as they continue the league play on Tues night.  This week is in Marshall.

20 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

No SQT yet to my knowledge.   I think some have been on family vacation.  I’d look for them to play in one or more later this month as they continue the league play on Tues night.  This week is in Marshall.

Only three more SQT left for D2 and they are this coming weekend in Celina, Jim Ned and McAllen. 

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:26 PM, lionpride08 said:

D1

10) Decatur

9) lampasas

8 henderson

7 paris

6 sealy

5 midlothian heritage

4 liberty hill 

3 argyle 

2 carthage

1 waco la vega

D2

10 lubbock estacado

9 graham

8 lorena

7 gilmer

6 waco connally

5 WO-S

4 cuero

3 silsbee

2 jasper

1 pleasant grove

I was curious to see "if" Gilmer was going to be included or not, then on the revel show, they mentioned the Buckeyes had 19 returning starters or so. I believe PG is also returning 19 starters? If so, my gosh, and then add Jackson into the mix after missing the year with injury, and I think Div II is the Hawk's to lose. 

I am guessing both Graham and Gilmer made the list because of what DCTF's Greg Tepper referred to as "pedigree."

For Gilmer, this is the flipside of the early Traylor era when we SHOULD HAVE BEEN highly-ranked, but never were because we had no "pedigree."

The Buckeyes will probably go three or four (but not five or six) rounds deep, as always, but I look at our regular season schedule and I see at least three losses and possible four.

Would love to be proven wrong, of course, about those losses.

2 hours ago, 36gut said:

I am guessing both Graham and Gilmer made the list because of what DCTF's Greg Tepper referred to as "pedigree."

For Gilmer, this is the flipside of the early Traylor era when we SHOULD HAVE BEEN highly-ranked, but never were because we had no "pedigree."

The Buckeyes will probably go three or four (but not five or six) rounds deep, as always, but I look at our regular season schedule and I see at least three losses and possible four.

Would love to be proven wrong, of course, about those losses.

I would tend to agree, but any team that made the playoffs and returns 19 starters, should raise some eyebrows. That tough schedule they played last year only helped them. I didn't expect the loss to Paris, Liberty Eylau or Pittsburg  last year. Key injuries played a big part, but it allowed some guys that return this year get some extended playing time against some darn good teams. My two biggest questions coming into this season will be QB play. Gilmer always has pretty dominate QB than can run when flushed out of the pocket. They lacked that last year. Also defense. Something has to be done here. Preparation. Teaching. Something, because the lack of a secondary and overall defensive speed was a killer last year. Perhaps some of the young guys moving up can help out?

1 hour ago, SHillBuckeye said:

I would tend to agree, but any team that made the playoffs and returns 19 starters, should raise some eyebrows. That tough schedule they played last year only helped them. I didn't expect the loss to Paris, Liberty Eylau or Pittsburg  last year. Key injuries played a big part, but it allowed some guys that return this year get some extended playing time against some darn good teams. My two biggest questions coming into this season will be QB play. Gilmer always has pretty dominate QB than can run when flushed out of the pocket. They lacked that last year. Also defense. Something has to be done here. Preparation. Teaching. Something, because the lack of a secondary and overall defensive speed was a killer last year. Perhaps some of the young guys moving up can help out?

I expect the JV QB from last year (incoming Soph I believe) to be the Buckeye starter.  He is a gamer.  True Duel threat.  If he takes the next step in his development the Gilmer offense will be fine.  Defense - well that’s another topic altogether.

1 minute ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I expect the JV QB from last year (incoming Soph I believe) to be the Buckeye starter.  He is a gamer.  True Duel threat.  If he takes the next step in his development the Gilmer offense will be fine.  Defense - well that’s another topic altogether.

Totally agree with you, and I would certainly have the Sophomore starting for sure, but I would bet that will not be happening. I would even take a revolving QB approach much like 2014 with

McLane  Carter and Blake Lynch. I think this scenario would help them move the ball better.

1 hour ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Totally agree with you, and I would certainly have the Sophomore starting for sure, but I would bet that will not be happening. I would even take a revolving QB approach much like 2014 with

McLane  Carter and Blake Lynch. I think this scenario would help them move the ball better.

Which scenario is that? The scenario where a kid “moves in”  and just so happens to be good enough to be the starting QB? 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Carthage Who??? Hmmm....

I believe you will remember soon enough who the Carthage Dawgs are.

I am hoping Kilgore is good this year, it is always better when Kilgore and Henderson are contenders.

Lets Go Dawgs !!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans.