๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ More immoral LGBTQ+ lunacy

TheShadowKnows

Yes, me pointing out Republican opposition to gay marriage is a dodge.

ย 

ย 

Yep, thats the first things you got right today! What you pointed out was a complete and utter fail of a dodge in fact. Refute my point!

Blacks, while almost %100 Democrats, are the largest opponent of gay marriage! How do you figure that blacks are so against what Democrats thinks is fair?

Guest surfsup
I have never denied that I am a hypocrit. I am what I am. I don't make excuses. I don't place blame with anyone but me for my shortcomings. I am not a Democrat or a Republican. I am not taking a free ride on the taxpayers and poisoning the minds of youth while I bide my time 'til I can make enough money to open a business at a location that is exempt from US Income taxes. [Didn't you just quote Matt 7:5?] I do not hate anyone.

ย 

The reasons that you cite as being unfair to gays are purely financial. If it is really about being with someone that you truly love why is it so important to make medical decisions. I can appoint medical and/or durable power of attorney to whomever I wish, it doesn't have to be a spouse or even a relative. Like Straw said, no man can marry another man, gay or straight - same goes for women marrying women. That's equality. What part of that do you not understand?

It is actually illegal to discuss politics in the classroom, and although there is not a Federal income tax, there are local taxes. It has to do with a thing called no taxation without representation, I think we fought a little war over that somewhere in the past. You can look at it like that, or you can look at it as one less person voting for Obama in 2012.lol

ย 

The government has no right to tell me who I can or can not marry. Man or Woman.

ย 

Guest surfsup
Yep, thats the first things you got right today! What you pointed out was a complete and utter fail of a dodge in fact. Refute my point!

Blacks, while almost %100 Democrats, are the largest opponent of gay marriage! How do you figure that blacks are so against what Democrats thinks is fair?

ย 

It is not that I don't believe you. I do think you should cite a source though.

ย 

It is not that I don't believe you. I do think you should cite a source though.

ย 

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...8110603880.html

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commen...0,7258583.story

http://www.slate.com/id/2204534/

http://ta-nehisicoates.theatlantic.com/arc..._the_blacks.php

ย 

Look for yourself. If you need more, just say so. These are on the first page of Google!

The government has no right to tell me who I can or can not marry. Man or Woman.

ย 

Exactly! The Government does not have the right to make same-sex marriage legal anymore than it can make heterosexual marriage illegal. The Government wasn't the one that invented marriage. End of story.

Having been raised Church of Christ I know that they do not teach these verses.

ย 

Mathew 7:1-5

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

ย 

I am sure Colmes can defend himself but here you go twisting scripture agian.

ย 

Jesus did not prohibit judging of any sort as verse 6 makes clear ( O wait you left that verse out, imagine that). Jesus was warning agianst judging others in a way that we would not want to be judged. We are not to judge in a harsh spirit, we are not to judge outward apperences, we are to believe like God believes and how do we know how God believes? By reading His Word. Now if jv_coach was a "fancy pance" and he was condeming people for being a "fancy pance" then verse 4 and 5 would apply.

And to really mess up your twisted non-judgemental theology verse 5 which you did type says "first take the log out of your eye.... then help take the speck from your brothers eye". So apperently Jesus is saying it is ok to judge and to help correct error; we just need to make sure we are not guilty of the same sin and make sure are motives are pure.

George Washington would not aprove of Obama.

------

Our first great general, George Washington, would be considered politically incorrect today cautioning against believing โ€œthat national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principleโ€ and admonishing, โ€œvirtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government.โ€โ€œGays in the militaryโ€ is more than a question of military morale. Itโ€™s about the character of this country that we have a military to defend.

ย 

Who would question what George Washington would say about this important issue?

ย 

ย 

ย 

Only Jesus can free a person trapped in the sin of ####-sexuality or any sin for that matter ,even one of pride, now the world wants all people in one form of bondage or another. This man was searching for answers and the world told him he was ok and to keep doing what he felt was right and he drank it up never fullfiling that thirst in his soul. While The Word was saying turn to me and repent for I will give you water and you will thirst no more.

Any way in honor of Gay Pride month I give this under reported story not as to laugh at him/her but as a cautionary tell of eternity lost.

ย 

ย 

<H1 class=entry-header>

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009...enner-dead.htmlVeteran Times sportswriter Mike Penner dead</H1> http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d83...75e8ada4970c-pi Mike Penner, the veteran Los Angeles Times sportswriter who made international headlines in 2007 when he announced he was transsexual and began working under the byline "Christine Daniels," has died.

ย 

Colleagues said today that Penner was found dead at his Los Angeles home and that suicide was the suspected cause of death. He was 52.

ย 

"He was one of the most talented writers I've ever worked with," said Times Sports Editor Mike James, adding that Penner covered numerous beats including the National Football League and sports media during his more than two-decade-long career at the paper.

ย 

"He was a gentle man, a kind man," James said. "It's just a tragedy."

ย 

Penner garnered much support and some criticism when he announced he was a "transsexual sportswriter."

ย 

"During my 23 years with The Times' sports department, I have held a wide variety of roles and titles. Tennis writer. Angels beat reporter. Olympics writer. Essayist. Sports media critic. NFL columnist. Recent keeper of the Morning Briefing flame. Today I leave for a few weeks' vacation, and when I return, I will come back in yet another incarnation. As Christine," he wrote. "I am a transsexual sportswriter. It has taken more than 40 years, a million tears and hundreds of hours of soul-wrenching therapy for me to work up the courage to type those words. I realize many readers and colleagues and friends will be shocked to read them."

ย 

Penner ended up blogging about his transition and later wrote a Times sports blog. In 2008, he began using the "Mike Penner" byline again.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

You believe in God's law because you want to be a better person. That is commendable. It is my belief that as long as someone is a law abiding citizen, pays their taxes, etc. They should be able to love whomever they want without fear of repercussions. They should be able to marry whom they choose. It is kinda funny how the same guys who hate taxes, and big government get their panties in a wad when someone proposes that the government has no right to tell someone who they can or can not be with based on sex. That is kind of hypocritical in my view, and pretty indicative of the hypocrisy that continues to happen in the Republican Party. It also alienates potential swing voters like me.

ย 

If someone wanted to marry their mom, should they be able too? If not, why not?

If someone wanted to marry a 13 year old, what is your basis for telling them no?

If someone wanted multiple spouses, can you think of a valid reason to keep it from happening?

ย 

ย 

PS: for Delap - I kept grandma's out of the examples this time. I know that grossed you out before!!

It is actually illegal to discuss politics in the classroom, and although there is not a Federal income tax, there are local taxes. It has to do with a thing called no taxation without representation, I think we fought a little war over that somewhere in the past. You can look at it like that, or you can look at it as one less person voting for Obama in 2012.lol

ย 

The taxpayers of your school district need to know your feelings on this subject. Why cant you discuss this in your classroom?

Having been raised Church of Christ I know that they do not teach these verses.

ย 

Mathew 7:1-5

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

ย 

Yes we do indeed teach these verses.....in fact,the Colmesneil church of Christ had an in depth 6 month study on the entire Sermon on the Mount just a couple of years ago.....you just weren't in the right congregation...we especially note verse 2....these verses aren't a condemnation on judging, they are a condemnation on judging hypocritically...

ย 

We don't make hypocritial judgments, we make judgments based on the Word of God.....the one true measure of judgment by which ALL will be judged....

George Washington would not aprove of Obama.

------

Our first great general, George Washington, would be considered politically incorrect today cautioning against believing โ€œthat national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principleโ€ and admonishing, โ€œvirtue or morality is a necessary spring of popular government.โ€โ€œGays in the militaryโ€ is more than a question of military morale. Itโ€™s about the character of this country that we have a military to defend.

ย 

Who would question what George Washington would say about this important issue?

ย 

ย 

ย 

Your taking a quote from Washington and then adding a comment by the Op-ed writer and making it look like Washington said it all

ย 

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=27609 is the Op-ed piece. Washington DID say the part about National morality, but nothing about gays in the military. The term Gay was not just a word for homosexuality until the mid 20th century. Up until that point it could mean many things.

ย 

ย 

Not saying Washington was ok with Gays in the military or anything like that, but your quote is misleading

You believe in God's law because you want to be a better person. That is commendable. It is my belief that as long as someone is a law abiding citizen, pays their taxes, etc. They should be able to love whomever they want without fear of repercussions. They should be able to marry whom they choose. It is kinda funny how the same guys who hate taxes, and big government get their panties in a wad when someone proposes that the government has no right to tell someone who they can or can not be with based on sex. That is kind of hypocritical in my view, and pretty indicative of the hypocrisy that continues to happen in the Republican Party. It also alienates potential swing voters like me.

ย 

This is the stupidest thing ever written.

ย 

Ever.

Guest surfsup
The taxpayers of your school district need to know your feelings on this subject. Why cant you discuss this in your classroom?

ย 

I don't really think third and fourth graders would understand these concepts. Also, like I said before, it is illegal for me to express my personal views in the classroom. There is no grounds for termination in any line of work based on political ideology. As a matter of fact, I am legally protected from such frivolous dismissals.

Guest surfsup

At the end of the day. I don't need the Democrats telling me what I can do in my board room, nor do I need the Republicans telling me what I can do in my bedroom. Those are my true feelings. I don't really care whether or not gays can marry, I just think it is dumb that every issue on here has to become a crusade to save our nation from Satan.

ย 

I do not have a problem with prayer in school as long as it is student led. I was telling an atheist friend of mine not too long ago that if I am wrong about God, then there is no other place I would rather him be then to watch our kids on the football field, or anywhere else they compete. He agreed, and the conversation was over.

ย 

Yes, I have read the Bible. Many times in fact, but when I started questioning it guess what I was told? It is better not to question things. That did not sit well with me, and guess who finally answered the questions that I had with intelligent, and well thought out responses?

If someone wanted to marry their mom, should they be able too? If not, why not?

If someone wanted to marry a 13 year old, what is your basis for telling them no?

If someone wanted multiple spouses, can you think of a valid reason to keep it from happening?

ย 

ย 

PS: for Delap - I kept grandma's out of the examples this time. I know that grossed you out before!!

ย 

ย 

Thanks!! LOL

ย 

Where did you mention grandmas as examples before??

I do not know that there are many if any benefits to being gay. But on the other hand I do not see how it is in any way detrimental to our society. Are gays not paying their taxes? Here are some of the problems gays in America face everyday.

ย 

Today, some 224 years later, we must continue to demand gay equality. We must. LGBT teens make up 33% all teen suicides. Gays and lesbians are still targets of hate crimes. If my partner were severally ill, I would have no legal right to make medical decision or transfer my pension in the case of my death. The list of things I consider natural rights seems endless,. Yet I pause to celebrate how far we've come. I must, in hope of a brighter future.

http://gaylife.about.com/b/2008/02/29/a-sh...-in-america.htm

ย 

Can you imagine not being able to make decisions for the person you have been with for 20 or 30 years? That is not fair. They should be prtoected against hate crimes, and we should do something not to alienate gay and lesbian teens. Young people are literally killing themselves because they feel like outsiders. They may be different, but we have no business telling anyone how to live their lives, or telling them what is right or wrong based on our perceptions of our religion.

ย 

Colmes, if it is an abomination to God, you can let him judge them.

ย 

I could care less if people think they are homosexual. There's a reason that suicide is high with homosexuals, and it's not because they're not accepted. If your partner gave you power of attorney, you have that right. Homosexuals aren't as persecuted as they were 100 years ago. Most parents are going to tell their children what to do, and that's their right as a parent in my opinion.

ย 

I see homosexuality as a choice from all the homosexuals both male and female I have talked to. I didn't judge them, because that's not my place. Many of them are funny and very intelligent, but I see the homosexual lifestyle as a hedonist lifestyle. Drug use is high, disease rates are high, and rarely do they have lasting relationships. I understand that heterosexuals aren't to good in keeping their marriage covenants either, but heterosexuals tend to stay together for longer durations of time.

ย 

I think the law should stay out of peoples bedrooms. However I don't think that it homosexuality should be given a month to be celebrated as a lifestyle that isn't conducive to a healthy life and happiness. That's why many homosexuals turn to drugs and multiple partners.

ย 

I still don't understand homosexuality, and I don't think I ever will. I sure don't expect homosexual activity to presented as a lifestyle to children. When you're a kid you don't really worry about things of that nature. Parents should be the main informer about sexuality, but I realize that many parents aren't comfortable with discussing the birds and bees with their children. So in some aspects, I believe that sex education should be taught in schools.

ย 

This isn't something the government should be glorifying.

ย 

• Mr. P changed the title to ๐Ÿณ๏ธโ€๐ŸŒˆ More immoral LGBTQ+ lunacy