Newton Eagals Can They Repeat

powerlifter

After Newton gets through playing Silsbee,West-Orange-Starks and Gilmer they will be fine. They lost their next star running back that was a freshmen last year,he moved to Houston I think but when playing 3A teams they will be fine. If they get to state next year would be a pleasant surprise for me. Most time you have to be good and have a little luck so anything is possible. I know there are a few schools that really want to play Newton next year and I hope they get to play us.Be careful what you wish for ,it might be more than what you would expect.

3 hours ago, jimmyw said:

After Newton gets through playing Silsbee,West-Orange-Starks and Gilmer they will be fine. They lost their next star running back that was a freshmen last year,he moved to Houston I think but when playing 3A teams they will be fine. If they get to state next year would be a pleasant surprise for me. Most time you have to be good and have a little luck so anything is possible. I know there are a few schools that really want to play Newton next year and I hope they get to play us.Be careful what you wish for ,it might be more than what you would expect.

Im ready to see Newton this year. I believe yall will be coming to Orange year and hoping for good scrimmage.

17 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

What do East Bernard and Canadian return? They gave Newton their toughest games of the year last year. 

Both teams will be stout. East Bernard will be ground and pound with like 3/4 of offense and defense back while Canadian they have 2/3 to 3/4 of their starters back I am real sure about. Canadian will be a mix it up type offensive  team. They can pass better than run but are good running team also. Both teams have solid Defenses. I don't want to take anything away from either team but if the Brown boy hadn't messed up, no-one would have stayed within 21 points of that Newton team.He was that good. Anyway, injuries play such a huge roll in 3A football. You can be a powerhouse one week and a good team the next week. To win state you have to be good and lucky,just the way the ball bounces.

On 6/8/2019 at 3:58 PM, powerlifter said:

Have A lot  Comin Back I Have Been Told 

I choose my battles wisely and have decided not to pick on a dude named powerlifter to call out on the way he spells Eagles.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

What school did the freshman rb last year move to in Houston? That’s gonna be a big hit. He looked like he was going to fill Barlow’s shoes pretty good. 

I (heard) Galveston... 

11 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

What school did the freshman rb last year move to in Houston? That’s gonna be a big hit. He looked like he was going to fill Barlow’s shoes pretty good. 

Galveston Ball.  He’s still in Newton for the summer.  Him and Barlow was at my house a few weeks back and Gatson is a little bigger than Barlow now.  Losing him is a big loss for sure

14 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Might be in for a rude awakening. 5 and 6A programs have athletes out the wazoo. 

True but he’s a beast man. Wt told me he would be the most recruited player to ever come out of Newton.   

On 6/12/2019 at 1:33 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

Folks land a job down that away?

I always heard, back in the 50’s, if there was a really good football player in SETX, and his Dad had a labor job, miraculously, Dad would get a job in one of the Port Arthur Refineries, and son ended up being a Port Arthur Yellowjacket.   I’m sure there’s nothing to that old story.   Well maybe.................