Hardest stadium to win at on your schedule.

nacdragon07

Abe Martin no doubt.

1 win since 1997, 1-10 in last 11 visits there. 1 of just 6 stadiums all-time that we’ve played 3 or more games at and having losing record at (and the other 5 are all from the 20s and 30s).

Scary to think we actually had a 9-4 record there at one point.

• Like 1

For this season, I will have to say Corrigan-Camden will be our toughest road game. The Pit in Tenaha is normally a tough outing, but we’ve got two wins there in the last 4 years. Out of the teams on our current schedule, Garrison seems to be pretty strong at home. For the record, Ram Stadium isn’t exactly a picnic for opposing teams. Our last home loss was in the ‘16 season opener and we have a 14 game home win streak. That will definitely get tested this season, because we have Garrison, Timpson and Tenaha at home in district play. 

Abe Martin, Abe Martin and Abe Martin.

Still don't know how we blew out Lufkin there in 2012 especially when we were just a few games removed from losing our D1 QB. One of the most random wins that I can remember.

41 minutes ago, Quick said:

Yep. Abe Martin. The fans seem to have calmed down quite a bit, though. But, still by far the most rudest fan base you'll encounter especially when they're winning.

Lol...both sides can say that. A few lobo fans weren’t nice to us after the game last season, but I’m not going to sit here and cry about it. I’m used to it by now and we’re rivals. It happens....and other than the rocks being thrown by the lobo student section at our band and sprinklers being turned on, it’s mostly just smack talking from older guys that can hardly walk back to their cars after the game. Nothing too serious that i can remember LATELY. It’s been worse on here, other sites and fb between both fan bases lol..

The toughest road game for us next season though, will either be Tomball with that talented (i think he’s five stars?) receiver/TE that we’ll go up against with some talented players returning from a team that we had a close game with last season or as much as i hate to say it....roaches. Not sure what to expect from them under a new coach. He’s a proven winner though and I know they have some talent over there. Not sure, but i think the Nac fish that whipped us a few years ago will either be seniors or juniors too. However, The stadium isn’t tough to play in. Our crowd will be louder and since the improvements to the stadium a few seasons ago, roaches haven’t had much home-field advantage. 

• LOL! 2

3 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Lol...both sides can say that. A few lobo fans weren’t nice to us after the game last season, but I’m not going to sit here and cry about it. I’m used to it by now and we’re rivals. It happens....and other than the rocks being thrown by the lobo student section at our band and sprinklers being turned on, it’s mostly just smack talking from older guys that can hardly walk back to their cars after the game. Nothing too serious that i can remember LATELY. It’s been worse on here, other sites and fb between both fan bases lol..

The toughest road game for us next season though, will either be Tomball with that talented (i think he’s five stars?) receiver/TE that we’ll go up against with some talented players returning from a team that we had a close game with last season or as much as i hate to say it....roaches. Not sure what to expect from them under a new coach. He’s a proven winner though and I know they have some talent over there. Not sure, but i think the Nac fish that whipped us a few years ago will either be seniors or juniors too. However, The stadium isn’t tough to play in. Our crowd will be louder and since the improvements to the stadium a few seasons ago, roaches haven’t had much home-field advantage. 

Yeah, our student and general admission on the visiting side are more than a handful to deal with especially when y'all or Marshall come to town. 

1 hour ago, nacdragon07 said:

It’s something about Abe Martin it’s hard to go there and get a win I believe the last three times we beat lufkin was at home I can’t remember the last time we won in lufkin.

It was definitely the 80s i believe if that...I’m pretty sure i wasn’t born yet. Lol. Then again....people told me the 92 game i think we lost was at Abe 

I remember very, vividly a big melee on the field at Abe Martin Stadium between Tyler Lee & Lufkin that took place in the early 2000's when Mike Owens was the Head Coach at Lee where opposing coaches and football players were fighting.

I mean, this was a HUGE fight that made our little on field skirmish with Marshall at Maverick Stadium a few years ago look like a shoulder to shoulder pushing match. No one till this very, day has been able to explain that fiasco and how it ensued.

17 hours ago, nacdragon07 said:

On your schedule what’s the hardest place to go and get a win at ?

for Nacogdoches I would say that it would be Marshall I believe the last time we won there was 2006. 

Does our home stadium count??

if it doesn’t, then I say going to Marshall this year will be the toughest. That’s only because we don’t travel to Abe or the Tomato Bowl.

15 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Those guys are juniors this year. 

Besides the obvious house of horrors for us... these are a few others....

Grimm Stadium-  We finally broke a losing streak there in 2017.....  we’ve had some dang good Mav teams go up there and lay an egg.  2015 most recently.  Cost us an outright district championship instead of sharing it 3 ways.  

Tomato Bowl-  Same story. Our 2004 State finalist team lost there.  In fairness to Jacksonville though, they were a region finalist that year too.  But we had other years we had no business losing to them..... but.... Tomato Bowl. 

Abe Martin- haven’t played there since....2002?  But it was always a nightmare. And the 1998 loss will always live in infamy to Mav fans.  Was in the top 10 all season. But that loss made us sit at home at 8-2.  

TBH..... since being reclassified in 2002..... outside of Texarkana and Jacksonville.... we’ve done alright most places in the road.  R E St John Stadium in Kilgore could be listed.... but we’ve had some big wins there too to balance it out.  Same with Whitehouse.  

I sure love a good road game though.  And I stand by my long statement that the crowds.... overall... are better in our current classification than they were when we were in the highest class.   But that’s JMHO  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Pack007 said:

More than that actually. Some don’t like the new guy 

Didn't see any key pieces missing from the spring game.....You will always have turnover when you change coaches. Players that lose their jobs to other players, and don't want to compete, move. I have heard nothing but positive coming from the staff at the school. The only complaining I have heard are from those that didn't get the job, their kids lost their spot, or coaches who left who were asked to step out of the positions. 

1 hour ago, Nacwagons said:

Didn't see any key pieces missing from the spring game.....You will always have turnover when you change coaches. Players that lose their jobs to other players, and don't want to compete, move. I have heard nothing but positive coming from the staff at the school. The only complaining I have heard are from those that didn't get the job, their kids lost their spot, or coaches who left who were asked to step out of the positions. 

I doubt those players loss their jobs. And it’s not like they left and went to diboll or Huntington. They went to lufkin. A program with more talent than Nac. That argument of them leaving for more playing time or because they loss their spot wouldn’t make sense for them to then go to Lufkin.

• Thanks 2

On 6/8/2019 at 5:57 PM, Pack007 said:

Man ain't nobody turn no damn sprinklers on...😀😃😄

• LOL! 3

8 hours ago, Pack007 said:

I doubt those players loss their jobs. And it’s not like they left and went to diboll or Huntington. They went to lufkin. A program with more talent than Nac. That argument of them leaving for more playing time or because they loss their spot wouldn’t make sense for them to then go to Lufkin.

Ok, just because there is more talent overall doesn't mean they didn’t lose their job. I know of at least 4 of the juniors that lost their jobs to sophomores or were being moved from a Position they played last year. If Lufkin is the only place they can transfer and not sit out a year then the talent level means nothing.