Any New Uniforms Or Helmets For 2019?

Stoney

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Really sweet with those old school uniforms. 

What's the history of the "ram horn" helmet at Joaquin? I know y'all had it on the front of the helmet for a few years, but did y'all have the "LA Rams" look back in the day? It's a great look. 

I think we might've played y'all once or twice (or maybe just scrimmaged) back in the day, and I don't remember that look. 

9 minutes ago, AKA said:

What's the history of the "ram horn" helmet at Joaquin? I know y'all had it on the front of the helmet for a few years, but did y'all have the "LA Rams" look back in the day? It's a great look. 

I think we might've played y'all once or twice (or maybe just scrimmaged) back in the day, and I don't remember that look. 

The only times I remember the horns on the helmet were in 1987, when we went with a white helmet with blue horns. In 2000-2001 we had a blue helmet with white horns. The “dodge truck” logo on the front of the helmet was a staple of the Gandy era. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

The only times I remember the horns on the helmet were in 1987, when we went with a white helmet with blue horns. In 2000-2001 we had a blue helmet with white horns. The “dodge truck” logo on the front of the helmet was a staple of the Gandy era. 

Now that's curious, I would've thought the ram horns would've been a staple throughout Joaquin history. What did y'all typically use, when you weren't using horns? 

42 minutes ago, AKA said:

Now that's curious, I would've thought the ram horns would've been a staple throughout Joaquin history. What did y'all typically use, when you weren't using horns? 

There have been times when we’ve had a J in various fonts, and we’ve also used numbers a lot. I remember a couple of times having a Ram head as well. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Stoney said:

Color might be the only option Gilmer would have helmet wise. Not too many Buckeyes logos out there or ways to jazz up a “G”.

Agree, but maybe they could add some white trim to make the G pop a little more, kinda like the Chicago Bears "C" logo. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Is it just the picture that makes that look crimson?

It looks like darker than the normal bright red we’ve worn before, but that’s just me. Maybe crimson?

ALTO - Second year for the Texas A, but a little smaller and on both sides of the helmet this year (last year it was on one side and player number on the other). The number will be on the back!

From the early 90s until the bi-district play-off game vs. Harleton in West Rusk in 2013 (a 35-20 Alto win), “Jackets” was in script on both sides. The script A was debuted at that game. The Texas shape was added last year in 2018. 

Https://www.texasfootball.com/helmets

@HelmetHS

Texas HS Helmet Project

C089C118-753C-4B54-B25B-215FDE957DF0.png

CB6B7BB3-8B65-4F22-9644-BC944F6687F8.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 12:36 PM, TTman7 said:

I have ALWAYS loved the Texas state outline emblem on helmets. 

We had them one year (back in the day, lol) when I played in high school.

It's a cool & sharp look imo. 

I like the Texas outline..but it seems like it will be done to death this year...kind of like when The 80's Astros Rainbow became cool again and a ton of HS baseball teams use it and now it tiresome to see again lol

2 hours ago, TxBroadcaster said:

I like the Texas outline..but it seems like it will be done to death this year...kind of like when The 80's Astros Rainbow became cool again and a ton of HS baseball teams use it and now it tiresome to see again lol

I understand what you're saying.  But, me personally, I wouldn't mind if EVERY team had it on their helmets lol. 😉