Dave Campbell's 2019 3A Div 1 Preseason Top 10

WB6485

9 hours ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Lol I know you’re being sarcastic but it’s actually the truth since y’all prolly has beat us 2 or 3 times combined in 20 yrs

In high school football things run in cycles. I remember the years before Traylor and Gilmer was awful. I’m not saying you guys will go back to that level of mediocrity but things have definitely fallen off since he left. Enjoy the success while it lasts but don’t get caught up in thinking it will last forever. 

14 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

In high school football things run in cycles. I remember the years before Traylor and Gilmer was awful. I’m not saying you guys will go back to that level of mediocrity but things have definitely fallen off since he left. Enjoy the success while it lasts but don’t get caught up in thinking it will last forever. 

You are right and we were taking about last year. I’m quite confident in saying Tatum and Gladewater would have had a great chance to beat Gilmer last year. 

• Stinks 1

3 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

You are right and we were taking about last year. I’m quite confident in saying Tatum and Gladewater would have had a great chance to beat Gilmer last year. 

No doubt. The thing about a rivalary game like GW vs Gilmer sometimes it doesn’t matter what the talent level is of each team. There have been years that Gilmer should have blow GW off the field but won a squeaker type game. The talent level is rising right now at GW and Tatum both and nothing is a given based on past history. 

6 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Man how u figure what bad team did we lose to that y’all would of beat yea gwater beat PG early in the yr but Tatum come on y’all got beat my MV lol gtfoh 

3 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

No doubt. The thing about a rivalary game like GW vs Gilmer sometimes it doesn’t matter what the talent level is of each team. There have been years that Gilmer should have blow GW off the field but won a squeaker type game. The talent level is rising right now at GW and Tatum both and nothing is a given based on past history. 

Man our In coming Jr class got thrown in the fire last yr with one of the toughest schedules and will be ready this yr this class has won district every yr since the 7th grade only close losses to Carthage and Nac so our talent is there also 

2 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man how u figure what bad team did we lose to that y’all would of beat yea gwater beat PG early in the yr but Tatum come on y’all got beat my MV lol gtfoh 

So you’re admitting that Gladewater May have beaten y’all because they beat PG. Let me remind you that we were well on our way to possibly blowing Gladewater out. Unfortunately our QB got hurt. If we were 100%, I fully believe that we would have played in the State Championship with a good shot to win it. So yes, I think Gladewater and Tatum would have had a good shot to beat Gilmer last year. 

• Stinks 1

9 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Tatum was a different team without their Qb. Plain and simple he was a game changer. If he was healthy Tatum would have went very deep in the playoffs. 

25 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Tatum was a different team without their Qb. Plain and simple he was a game changer. If he was healthy Tatum would have went very deep in the playoffs. 

And we were different without our starting RB and WR for most of the yr that both went D1 but hey like y’all said it’s part of the game but honestly how many games do u think y’all would of won with our schedule and how many we would of won with y’all schedules 

4 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

And we were different without our starting RB and WR for most of the yr that both went D1 but hey like y’all said it’s part of the game but honestly how many games do u think y’all would of won with our schedule and how many we would of won with y’all schedules 

We could do this all day and it will not change the records or schedules. It would be a bunch of what if’s. The fact is both Tatum and GW fielded teams last year that would have given Gilmer trouble. No one has come out and made bold statements saying we would have blown y’all out or even beaten y’all but to think that Gilmer would have beaten either team based on the last 20 years history is stupid. GW will be very strong again next year and hopefully we will see you guys on the schedule. 

2 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

We could do this all day and it will not change the records or schedules. It would be a bunch of what if’s. The fact is both Tatum and GW fielded teams last year that would have given Gilmer trouble. No one has come out and made bold statements saying we would have blown y’all out or even beaten y’all but to think that Gilmer would have beaten either team based on the last 20 years history is stupid. GW will be very strong again next year and hopefully we will see you guys on the schedule. 

Y’all are going off of our records but y’all both played a C schedule but hey I know y’all both will go to state in 3a this yr good luck

41 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Y’all are going off of our records but y’all both played a C schedule but hey I know y’all both will go to state in 3a this yr good luck

C schedule? Interesting. Coming from the guys who wore out the term “were just playing who we have on the schedule” in 2014 

9 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

C schedule? Interesting. Coming from the guys who wore out the term “were just playing who we have on the schedule” in 2014 

We won State and we beat both of y’all so not a good comparison and show me were I said that our district was super weak I never liked being in that sorry district

1 minute ago, Sportsguru02 said:

We won State and we beat both of y’all so not a good comparison and show me were I said that our district was super weak I never liked being in that sorry district

Show me where I brought up Gilmers record 

I watched both last year and all I said was GW would beat Gilmer when you came in here running your mouth 

10 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Show me where I brought up Gilmers record 

I watched both last year and all I said was GW would beat Gilmer when you came in here running your mouth 

And I watch y’all and don’t think y’all would have so both are entitled to our opinion while u were running ur mouth 

6 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I know it gives y’all Little g fans hope of one day beating us I’m sorry 

And you can entertain yourself with silly little stories as to why GW and Gilmer aren’t playing. GW never had problems scheduling Gilmer when they were on top of their game. So I ask.... why in the WORLD would GW be scared to schedule Gilmer? I know it’s asking a lot, but just try to use your little brain and look at the context clues.