Congratulations Joshua Colvert - Huntington ISD HFC

jdb44

Congratulations to Josh Colvert on being named Huntington ISD Head FB Coach. Say what you want about the job, when you have waited as long as this man has for his opportunity, sometimes you have to try something no one thinks is possible.

Good luck coach, if anyone can, you can!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JV_COACH said:

But the boys basketball ball team will barley make the playoffs as a fourth place team and exit out early and the town will think errthing is great. All while the guys of f of the 1957 team will brag on how good they used to be.

Actually it was the 1959, 1960, 1962 and 1974 teams.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JV_COACH said:

But the boys basketball ball team will barley make the playoffs as a fourth place team and exit out early and the town will think errthing is great. All while the guys of f of the 1957 team will brag on how good they used to be.

4 hours ago, sawboss said:

Actually it was the 1959, 1960, 1962 and 1974 teams.

State championships don’t come easy. It’s been years ago but it still counts. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Doomer said:

They were fair in 1978! Haysead had a story bought that.

1978-79 team made the regional finals losing to LaPoynor. The district was Huntington, Broaddus, West Sabine, Tenaha, Timpson and Garrison. I know a little more about that team than the others, since they let me suit up from time to time.

5 hours ago, sawboss said:

1978-79 team made the regional finals losing to LaPoynor. The district was Huntington, Broaddus, West Sabine, Tenaha, Timpson and Garrison. I know a little more about that team than the others, since they let me suit up from time to time.

So a few things have changed since then. Not taking nothing away from great accomplishments, but the world of sports has changed and Hunnington has not. This the dismissal athletic program 

23 hours ago, JV_COACH said:

So a few things have changed since then. Not taking nothing away from great accomplishments, but the world of sports has changed and Hunnington has not. This the dismissal athletic program 

Believe me I know all about the change, since I graduated from there in 1980 and went back there as a HS Principal from 1996-1999.  All that being said good luck to the new Coach, it is a job of challenge.

• Like 1