7. Wellington
6. Albany
5. Grapeland
4. Stratford
3. Hamlin
2. Falls City
1. Mart

Let the discussions begin!!

Grapeland?  Grapeland?? Playoffs??Playoffs??

4 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Did Mart shrivel up to nothing? Didn’t they play Hughes Springs in the playoffs some years back?

Not sure why Mart’s population has shrunk. I know I was shocked when they dropped to D2. They’ll continue to dominate, that’s for sure.  

21 hours ago, BronCos2015 said:

I’m surprised San Augustine is 5, would’ve figured they would be ranked 3rd with the amount of starters they bring back. 

Can't put San Augustine ahead of any of the three, Refugio, Mason, or Shiner until they can at least show some semblance of staying on the field with the teams from that region.  Shiner is bringing a lot back and may be the team to beat from that region.

22 minutes ago, Everide2016 said:

Can't put San Augustine ahead of any of the three, Refugio, Mason, or Shiner until they can at least show some semblance of staying on the field with the teams from that region.  Shiner is bringing a lot back and may be the team to beat from that region.

I agree with you, but I  don’t see shiner beating Refugio.

I can see any of the top 7 making it in DI. Lots of returning talent in each of those programs, but I also agree that DI is Refugio's to lose.
In DII, I think it's anyone's to win. Mart will still be Mart, but they have a lot of space to fill on defense - kinda levels the playing field a bit.

San Augustine doesn't even look close to being able to complete with Region 4 teams.  They had some good looking kids, but they played zero defense and they quit in the 2nd quarter against Mason.  You won't beat Mason, Shiner, or Refugio without playing defense and they need to change some things offensively scheme wise to be able to complete with those teams.  SA lined up and tried to run over Mason last year, that had no chance of winning that game with that approach. 

Mason won't have any adjustment period with the new coach, he's from Mason and has been on staff with Burns since he came back to Mason.  The biggest adjustment for us will be at QB and that will be almost impossible to replace. 

Shiner is the favorite imo, but they have to find a way to get of the Refugio hump which they haven't been able to do. 

• Like 1