District 10-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2019

StingEmALTO

20 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Meeks has put together a solid staff. 

Yes sir! Out of 9 football coaches we only had 2 new ones this year (same softball and girls basketball coaches too!). They are high energy, hard workers and great teachers of the game. Practices are very productive; those guys are hoppin’!!. 😂 

Monday after practice: first Alto Booster Club meeting of the season!

How active is your school’s booster club? We’ve had a good one for years, some years more participation than others, but always consistent and supportive of the program. Originally called the Quarterback Club, the name was changed in the early 2000s to reflect support for all sports (some still refer to it as the QB Club! Lol) We have around 120 paid members.....looking to grow it some more this year!

Hope all the booster club folks out there have a productive season!

B6FBCE3C-7D86-4C71-A07F-A83CB6686767.jpeg

Yall don't be surprised if Carlisle runs to defense for a few wins this year..offense will be as usual but D will lead the way..it's hard to explain but it will become more evident as the games progress..couple faces in different places and the rite place if you ask me.This team is fundamentally different this year,mindset is like 3-4 years ago..They probably aren't supposed to win some of the games they will win. To me they are different than usual..chaint

55 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Yall don't be surprised if Carlisle runs to defense for a few wins this year..offense will be as usual but D will lead the way..it's hard to explain but it will become more evident as the games progress..couple faces in different places and the rite place if you ask me.This team is fundamentally different this year,mindset is like 3-4 years ago..They probably aren't supposed to win some of the games they will win. To me they are different than usual..chaint

Nothing will surprise me about Carlisle. I expect them to be salty as ever! Who do y’all scrimmage this week?

11 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Come on Chain don’t give us that stuff.... Carlisle won’t be an underdog in any game they play until they get deep in playoffs. You guys are a perineal playoff team and won’t be taken lightly by anyone.... Good try though.....IMO Indian defense is your calling card every year. Offense is pretty and all but you guys always have kids that will always lay the helmet on someone 

BIG event Thursday for our Alto family! We are going to embrace our new motto for the year: #don’tlookback!

* 4:30 - 6:30 - Meet the Jacket Teachers & Family Fun Night!

* 6:30 - Meet the Jackets!

So excited about this evening! Alto has partnered with BSN Sports, along with the Alto Booster Club & area churches, to bring a pretty phenomenal night for the folks! Even more details to follow (plus a few pics!).

0FF16E24-B0D3-46DE-8BEE-0B056CFCB0B3.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/13/2019 at 12:29 AM, StingEmALTO said:

The 2019 football season is on the horizon! The first prediction for District 10-2A that I have seen was on Twitter today by Scouting Report (@SR_scouting) SO I thought I would go ahead and start this thread.

I like the way this looks. 😂

F2062ED6-C1D1-4C2A-9A7E-B50EC7D51EB0.jpeg

Oh yes. loving this 🏈🖤💛🐝 

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 7:50 AM, BlueBlood99 said:

Come on Chain don’t give us that stuff.... Carlisle won’t be an underdog in any game they play until they get deep in playoffs. You guys are a perineal playoff team and won’t be taken lightly by anyone.... Good try though.....IMO Indian defense is your calling card every year. Offense is pretty and all but you guys always have kids that will always lay the helmet on someone 

Funny,I always think our D is lacking somehow..

“If you’ve ever been to an Alto game on a Friday night, between the band, the fans, and football team on the field it is a really special event to come to! It is one of my favorite places to shoot!” ~ Caleb Beames, The Red Zone KTRE/KLTV

Nice segment on the Jackets! (video included)

🖤💛🐝💪 #JacketPRIDE #MeanSting #Meraki

The Red Zone:

Alto Yellowjackets return to practice field for first time since tornado damaged town, school
https://www.kltv.com/2019/08/14/alto-yellowjackets-return-practice-field-first-time-since-tornado-damaged-town-school/

C57F3A3A-0F98-49BA-A4F5-5577C3A00154.jpeg

Well our scrimmage was what I thought it’d be. Saw real early that we can still run it. Had multiple passing TD’s and defense gave up 1 total 1st down all day best I can remember on a missed assignment. Overton brought 22 boys. We played about 57 minutes with no live qtrs. (I say that because the scrimmage time was 6 pm and it was 6:57 when Overton lined it up). Think our coaches saw what they wanted to see very early on out of our core O and D and spent the majority of the scrimmage letting the youngsters get their feet wet. Was good to hear the plastic popping again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Well our scrimmage was what I thought it’d be. Saw real early that we can still run it. Had multiple passing TD’s and defense gave up 1 total 1st down all day best I can remember on a missed assignment. Overton brought 22 boys. We played about 57 minutes with no live qtrs. (I say that because the scrimmage time was 6 pm and it was 6:57 when Overton lined it up). Think our coaches saw what they wanted to see very early on out of our core O and D and spent the majority of the scrimmage letting the youngsters get their feet wet. Was good to hear the plastic popping again.

Me thinks the ole yellowjackets will get a stern tune up test next week. Be a good measuring stick to see where adjustments need to be made with what Crockett will roll in with. I’ve seen some pictures of some of those skill kids y’all have. Looks like there are a couple of 6 footish kids who will look real nice in a uniform. If they arrive to the ball with some “sting” behind them y’all have a chance to be salty on defense. And of course that type of potential bodes well as a nice play action target to go with yalls run game. 

3 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Overton @ Alto! I wish them all the best! They have had some good teams over the years, and they will continue to improve. Hats off to their new coach, a hometown guy I believe, as he continues to rebuild that program.

I enjoyed, of course, seeing the young dudes getting to play. I have been waiting for what seems like forever! 😂 

Next week vs. Crockett will be a great test. They always bring the athletes!

• Like 1