District 10-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2019

StingEmALTO

”CUJO, ALTO, LOBOS!” ~ Michael Coleman

The Red Zone kicked off the season with a pep rally at the KLTV Studios in downtown Tyler on Thursday. The Alto Mean Sting Music Machine was invited to bring the soundtrack for the day!!  The JT football team was represented as well as the Longview cheerleaders. An honor to be invited, we are proud of Mr. E and our band for always representing our community in a positive way!

VIDEO: We’re kicking off the season with a Red Zone pep rally!
https://www.kltv.com/2019/08/15/live-were-kicking-off-season-with-red-zone-pep-rally/

18CFE78B-53AC-4946-BF17-6E9F5D0399A2.jpeg

AA78DFE0-851F-4A9C-8B31-94A5C6A0424B.jpeg

F29E0CB3-1D3C-4B79-A0B9-70CBEE67943F.jpeg

3BD9AE1D-0178-4E4A-BCB8-006CFA33899C.jpeg

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

Hulakat, how did Cushing do? I don’t remember who they scrimmaged.

Any other reports from the district?

I didn’t get to go see them in Cayuga due to 5:00 pm start time and work, but one of the dads I talked to said there’s a lot to work on... he said “not good” when I asked how they did.  The Bearkats only had 26 report... 3 or 4 seniors and a lot of sophomores.

we knew the number would start going down due to low numbers in Jr high and coupled with the fact that 3 twonway starters up and leave for Tenaha.... JR QB, SR wideout and another JR... Well, it’s gonna be tough.

The kid that is filling in at QB is smart and has talent but the experience and over-all size is gonna hurt.

it May be a little early but Cushing may struggle to win a game.  The kids that left were s lot of the offense.  They have Wallace (SR) coming back who had 1000 yards rushing.  Youngsters are going to have to step it up.

I went and caught the JV portion of Garrison and ARP and then ran over to Mt. Enterprise to look at the Indians and Wildcats.

Carlisle looked sharp and fast on offense and quick on Defense.... the usual.  The Indians are a tad smaller than last year but if they get loose it’s see ya later.  ME did score in a long pass play and that seem to be the only weakness I saw for the Indians...but it’s a controlled scrimmage and there wasn’t a live quarter.

There was good hitting and excitement from both teams.  ME’s 1’s looked to be ok ... just low on numbers.  

The 2’s dominated ME’s 2’s... which was just enough to get on the field.  Don’t think ME offense had a positive yard.

9 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

I didn’t get to go see them in Cayuga due to 5:00 pm start time and work, but one of the dads I talked to said there’s a lot to work on... he said “not good” when I asked how they did.  The Bearkats only had 26 report... 3 or 4 seniors and a lot of sophomores.

we knew the number would start going down due to low numbers in Jr high and coupled with the fact that 3 twonway starters up and leave for Tenaha.... JR QB, SR wideout and another JR... Well, it’s gonna be tough.

The kid that is filling in at QB is smart and has talent but the experience and over-all size is gonna hurt.

it May be a little early but Cushing may struggle to win a game.  The kids that left were s lot of the offense.  They have Wallace (SR) coming back who had 1000 yards rushing.  Youngsters are going to have to step it up.

Participation is pitiful... despite the fact that enrollment I heard is still in the 150’s.   

Cam’Ron Matthews Field at Jacket Stadium: Home of The Mean Sting!  (Established 1994)

I want to give a shout out to BSN Sports for their generosity. Coach Meeks reached out to numerous companies for help following the tornadoes that devastated our school and BSN Sports really stepped up! They donated the windscreens designed and installed by Waterboy Graphics around our home and visitors stands, as well as ticket booth entrance and practice field. AND there’s still more to come including banners for The Mean Sting Parkway and some cool things for our new field house (completed 2018).

BSN also donated 500 FAMILY t-shirts that the Alto Booster Club sold for $5 a piece at our Meet the Jackets Family Fun Night! We were privileged to have BSN Sports reps Paul and Amy on hand to celebrate with us, as well as Danny Merrill with KICKS 105 who did a live broadcast from the event. It was truly a special night: bounce houses, dunking booth, games, cotton candy, popcorn, and free drinks all sponsored by area churches. Also food trucks and balloons! Thankful, too, for University Rental in Nacogdoches for the discounts! That was much appreciated!!

Based on this night, I think we may have just created a new tradition! 👍

STING ‘EM!

C7F7AB37-30C4-41A9-A3A9-83930E9CC90E.jpeg

444A97F0-14D2-41D9-84BE-0697280300F5.jpeg

6815B2E0-4E76-4CF7-B6CF-FBDB9EFF2254.jpeg

59E87831-98CE-4645-8958-9BBA3764B602.jpeg

BB305451-803D-4A88-B791-D444BDC130C2.jpeg

4E940CE3-8C6B-44C8-BD9E-833F53C067D4.jpeg

500277E8-6F73-4FBD-9296-4FC7557F35A9.jpeg

BD2C6F48-5A01-4A75-BD63-61A8AA56A920.jpeg

021595BD-B99A-4162-87A0-909A97C28E72.jpeg

46 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

I had heard that a couple kids transferred to Tenaha but I didn’t know there were three! That’s tough. With only 26 will they be able to field a JV or will it be week to week? Young team with only 3 or 4 seniors...that group of sophomores will have to grow up pretty fast. Sr. Wallace will help! Thankfully, the schedule will lend itself to doing that. I’m sure Coach Moore will have them fundamentally sound and ready to go. Would be cool if Cushing could make it back-to-back years in the playoffs. Good luck to y’all!

48 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

I went and caught the JV portion of Garrison and ARP and then ran over to Mt. Enterprise to look at the Indians and Wildcats.

Carlisle looked sharp and fast on offense and quick on Defense.... the usual.  The Indians are a tad smaller than last year but if they get loose it’s see ya later.  ME did score in a long pass play and that seem to be the only weakness I saw for the Indians...but it’s a controlled scrimmage and there wasn’t a live quarter.

There was good hitting and excitement from both teams.  ME’s 1’s looked to be ok ... just low on numbers.  

The 2’s dominated ME’s 2’s... which was just enough to get on the field.  Don’t think ME offense had a positive yard.

Man, you covered some ground on Friday! 😂 That’s great! I read a little about Garrison and Arp; looked like Garrison has their way with them...same as last year. They are gonna be a handful. Arp will improve and get better as they always do. Coach Irwin will rally the troops! Lol

I’m glad to hear the report on Mt. Enterprise. Maybe that new coach will get them turned around pretty fast. If I remember correctly, their numbers were so low last year (or the year before) that they cancelled a game or two. Maybe they will be able to play all of them and even advance. They have nice facilities over there: hopefully things are looking up. 

Carlisle, no surprise there! Those guys are quick. Gonna be a battle royale when we meet on October 18th. 💪

16 hours ago, villagegenius said:

Me thinks the ole yellowjackets will get a stern tune up test next week. Be a good measuring stick to see where adjustments need to be made with what Crockett will roll in with. I’ve seen some pictures of some of those skill kids y’all have. Looks like there are a couple of 6 footish kids who will look real nice in a uniform. If they arrive to the ball with some “sting” behind them y’all have a chance to be salty on defense. And of course that type of potential bodes well as a nice play action target to go with yalls run game. 

Collectively, we may have some of the best receivers we’ve ever had. Going to be interesting to see how Coach mixes it up! The run game, of course, has been our bread and butter. Hoping we progress so much in our passing game that we can keep folks way off balance. Lol We’ll see!

1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

Cam’Ron Matthews Field at Jacket Stadium: Home of The Mean Sting!  (Established 1994)

I want to give a shout out to BSN Sports for their generosity. Coach Meeks reached out to numerous companies for help following the tornadoes that devastated our school and BSN Sports really stepped up! They donated the windscreens designed and installed by Waterboy Graphics around our home and visitors stands, as well as ticket booth entrance and practice field. AND there’s still more to come including banners for The Mean Sting Parkway and some cool things for our new field house (completed 2018).

BSN also donated 500 FAMILY t-shirts that the Alto Booster Club sold for $5 a piece at our Meet the Jackets Family Fun Night! We were privileged to have BSN Sports reps Paul and Amy on hand to celebrate with us, as well as Danny Merrill with KICKS 105 who did a live broadcast from the event. It was truly a special night: bounce houses, dunking booth, games, cotton candy, popcorn, and free drinks all sponsored by area churches. Also food trucks and balloons! Thankful, too, for University Rental in Nacogdoches for the discounts! That was much appreciated!!

Based on this night, I think we may have just created a new tradition! 👍

STING ‘EM!

C7F7AB37-30C4-41A9-A3A9-83930E9CC90E.jpeg

444A97F0-14D2-41D9-84BE-0697280300F5.jpeg

6815B2E0-4E76-4CF7-B6CF-FBDB9EFF2254.jpeg

59E87831-98CE-4645-8958-9BBA3764B602.jpeg

BB305451-803D-4A88-B791-D444BDC130C2.jpeg

4E940CE3-8C6B-44C8-BD9E-833F53C067D4.jpeg

500277E8-6F73-4FBD-9296-4FC7557F35A9.jpeg

BD2C6F48-5A01-4A75-BD63-61A8AA56A920.jpeg

021595BD-B99A-4162-87A0-909A97C28E72.jpeg

Proud of you guys over there. Looks like good progress. Well deserved! Good luck on the season from Carlisle.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

Proud of you guys over there. Looks like good progress. Well deserved! Good luck on the season from Carlisle.

Thanks, Ripper. We are a work in progress.....probably for about 2 years! Always appreciate you guys from Carlisle. We have a bond that can never be broken.

2 hours ago, HulaKat said:

Participation is pitiful... despite the fact that enrollment I heard is still in the 150’s.   

Why do you think that is? I would think the success experienced last year would be a spring board for this year and even higher numbers of participation. That’s why I was a little surprised, too, when I heard about the transfers out of the district.

I think the Yellow Jacket D will be tested the scrimmage against Crockett. I was able to watch Some of Crockett and Woodville. And Crockett in 1 live quarter scored 2 or 3 times. Woodville didn’t score. Crockett can score very quickly. Lots of weapons on offense. If they can step it up on defense, I expect a good playoff run.

56 minutes ago, JACKETLIFE said:

I think the Yellow Jacket D will be tested the scrimmage against Crockett. I was able to watch Some of Crockett and Woodville. And Crockett in 1 live quarter scored 2 or 3 times. Woodville didn’t score. Crockett can score very quickly. Lots of weapons on offense. If they can step it up on defense, I expect a good playoff run.

I heard that “Little Dez” 😂 is back, along with the other receiver and QB. YEP, they’ll be alright this season! I expect a very physical scrimmage on Thursday. Looking forward to seeing how we do against them!

14 hours ago, JACKETLIFE said:

A much needed test for us. A team like Crockett is exactly the type of measuring stick you want to have in the last scrimmage before the season. Glad we were able to get them on the scrimmage schedule. Our boys need to see fast and physical and a little adversity wouldn’t hurt at all. 

Alto: ‘Family’ event offers positive start to new school year

ALTO — The Alto Independent School District held a special Family Fun Night on Thursday to usher in the new school year.

Included in the evening's events was “Meet the Teacher,” with the night ending at Cam'Ron Matthews Field where student-athletes representing all the fall sports were introduced to fans and supporters during the annual “Meet the Jackets” festivities.

Continue reading:

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/news/alto-family-event-offers-positive-start-to-new-school-year/article_9a2a23f0-c076-11e9-837b-cbce6e9cc13d.html

J'ville.jpg