District 10-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2019

StingEmALTO

Cushing dominated Cross Roads...  the player numbers for both teams are not very good.

Cushing 2-0 in the controlled portion

Cushing 4-0 in one live quarter

Cross Roads has Size but just didnt click on anything...there was some lively scuffles at the end of plays.

Bearkats have gone to the Slot T, finally.  Will really need a lot of reps to get it down but it was the best option with so much talent leaving for somewhere else and graduation.

Would have liked for them to scrimmage CR first then see what they could do against Westwood/Cayuga...  Too early to tell but it will be a struggle this year.

• Thanks 1

Watch ww qb to left outside reciever in the speed offense, from the snap till release is less than three seconds and the reciever is dam quick so you can't press him, he's that fast, if you miss him he's gone and hell take a five yard pass all day.. You'll see what I mean Friday... But they won't have the horses to stand up to your run game.. Good luck my friends.. Chain out... 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

Cushing dominated Cross Roads...  the player numbers for both teams are not very good.

Cross Roads has Size but just didnt click on anything...there was some lively scuffles at the end of plays.

Bearkats have gone to the Slot T, finally.  Will really need a lot of reps to get it down but it was the best option with so much talent leaving for somewhere else and graduation.

Would have liked for them to scrimmage CR first then see what they could do against Westwood/Cayuga...  Too early to tell but it will be a struggle this year.

Did yall have a coaching change or somthin? Why are kids going else where? Or is this a sore subject or something.. 

47 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Did yall have a coaching change or somthin? Why are kids going else where? Or is this a sore subject or something.. 

Yes... Coach Marlin Garrett took his son Deuce and two nephews CJ Davis and Joseph Humphreys to Tenaha... it wasn’t a spur of the moment move... it had been rumored early last season that it was a possibility and more a move for basketball... but all three were talented... Deuce was just getting a feel for the QB position... so it wasn’t that big a loss... the success in the passing game was due to the talent the two receivers had last year... on this level you can just throw it up and the speed those two guys had just ran it down and past a lot of defenses.

It’s going to be a growing year... but I applaud Coach Moore for installing an offense that Cushing should have been running for a long time now... the slot T and Wing T will give them a fighting chance if they can learn it and run it in a disciplined way.

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

Watch ww qb to left outside reciever in the speed offense, from the snap till release is less than three seconds and the reciever is dam quick so you can't press him, he's that fast, if you miss him he's gone and hell take a five yard pass all day.. You'll see what I mean Friday... But they won't have the horses to stand up to your run game.. Good luck my friends.. Chain out... 

Thanks. We’ve got something for him 😉

25 minutes ago, HulaKat said:

Yes... Coach Marlin Garrett took his son Deuce and two nephews CJ Davis and Joseph Humphreys to Tenaha... it wasn’t a spur of the moment move... it had been rumored early last season that it was a possibility and more a move for basketball... but all three were talented... Deuce was just getting a feel for the QB position... so it wasn’t that big a loss... the success in the passing game was due to the talent the two receivers had last year... on this level you can just throw it up and the speed those two guys had just ran it down and past a lot of defenses.

It’s going to be a growing year... but I applaud Coach Moore for installing an offense that Cushing should have been running for a long time now... the slot T and Wing T will give them a fighting chance if they can learn it and run it in a disciplined way.

Deuce is good friends with my son. He will be more of a loss on the baseball field and basketball court than anything. However, in 2A football you really need all the abled bodies you can get. His speed would’ve been nice for Cushing to have on the field for sure.

39 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Deuce is good friends with my son. He will be more of a loss on the baseball field and basketball court than anything. However, in 2A football you really need all the abled bodies you can get. His speed would’ve been nice for Cushing to have on the field for sure.

I agree he will be missed... like I said earlier he was just getting the QB position down and had great field perception like he does in Basketball.

I wish them luck down the road.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HulaKat said:

I agree he will be missed... like I said earlier he was just getting the QB position down and had great field perception like he does in Basketball.

I wish them luck down the road.   

That dude could also catch a fly ball like nobody’s business! Lol

2 hours ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

I’m sure Tenaha’s baseball coach was happy to get him, too!

Sorry about mentioning the “b” word during football season! 🤣🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HulaKat said:

Sounds like the new offense will benefit the Bearkats!....help them to use the clock to their advantage a little better.  👍

4 hours ago, HulaKat said:

“Lively scuffles” YES SIR!! Lol

Chilton coming to town next week? I guess it’s their turn to make the trip!! Y’all put the smack down on them last year and raised some eyebrows. I see they finished 1-10, making the playoffs. 😳 Wow. They are picked 4th in Dave Campbell’s Texas Football. I bet y’all handle them. 

5 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

“Lively scuffles” YES SIR!! Lol

Chilton coming to town next week? I guess it’s their turn to make the trip!! Y’all put the smack down on them last year and raised some eyebrows. I see they finished 1-10, making the playoffs. 😳 Wow. They are picked 4th in Dave Campbell’s Texas Football. I bet y’all handle them. 

What exactly is a “lively scuffle”. I don’t believe I’ve ever witnessed such a thing 😂

• LOL! 1

WEEK 1 (8/30): Let’s go!!!!

• Westwood @ Alto
  • Big Sandy @ San Augustine
  • Carlisle @ Sabine
  • Chilton @ Cushing
  • Alba-Golden @ Hawkins 
  • Simms Bowie @ Union Grove

Who ya got?!

2018 Results:

• Alto 48 - Westwood 28
  • San Augustine 28 - Big Sandy 6