District 10-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2019

StingEmALTO

The Week 6 Red Zone Top 10!

8. Alto (5-0) Last Week: 8 – The Mean Sting continued their revenge tour this past week beating Corrigan, a team they lost to last year. Alto heads into the bye week ranked in the state and off to one of their best starts recently. Alto has been called a sleeper and they will be able to prove they are no sleeper when they open up district play next week on the road against Big Sandy.

Story & Video:

https://www.ktre.com/2019/10/01/red-zone-top-week-these-are-teams-you-dont-want-miss/

Red Zone Top 10 -1-2019.jpg

• Like 1

#bEASTTexas Fabulous 15

Team Points Record Last week

1. Jefferson (10) 191 5-0 1

2. Malakoff (3) 184 4-1 2

3. Diboll 165 4-0 3

4. San Augustine 155 4-0 4

5. West Rusk 127 5-0 6

6. Atlanta 126 3-2 5

7. Alto 116 5-0 7

8. Mount Vernon 96 5-0 10

9. Sabine 95 5-0 8

10. Gladewater 80 3-2 8

11. Daingerfield 71 3-2 11

12. Tenaha 44 4-1 14

13. Paul Pewitt 40 5-0 15

14. DeKalb 21 5-0 NR

15. Hughes Springs 17 4-1 12

Others receiving votes: Mount Enterprise 13; Elysian Fields 9; New Diana 5; Elkhart 2; Frankston 1.

Dropped out: No. 13 Elysian Fields.

• Like 1

Harmon West 2-way domination brings in ASB Player of the Week honors

Caleb Beames

Updated Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:18 PM CDT

ALTO, Texas (KTRE/KLTV) - People walked away from Alto’s 45-10 win over Corrigan-Camden impressed with the play of Harmon West.

On offense West went 13-23 for 200 yards and 3 touchdowns. He also rushed for another touchdown. On the defensive side he had 11 tackles and 4 for a loss, one sack, one forced fumble and an interception. This is the second week in a row that an Alto player has won the Player of the Week award. Last week, Todd Duplichain won it.

“It just shows the work we put in at Alto,” West said. It is more then me and Todd. It just shows the work we all do."

Coach Ricky Meeks is not surprised.

“I told them when they called me today about Harmon that we will have another one in a couple of weeks. Our kids are just playing well. They are playing with a ton of confidence. They are believing in what we are doing and trusting their teammates. That’s why we have the success.”

West does not really watch much football other then his team’s game footage and scouting other teams so he doesn’t model his game after any one player. He does draw inspiration from his team.

“I admire the line,” West said. “I think the offensive line they are the selfless people out here that no one sees.”

https://www.kltv.com/2019/10/03/harmon-west-way-domination-bring-asb-player-week-honors/

EA1CC307-9CE0-4F30-B8F5-07AB88EDC982.jpeg

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Harmon West 2-way domination brings in ASB Player of the Week honors

Caleb Beames

Updated Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:18 PM CDT

ALTO, Texas (KTRE/KLTV) - People walked away from Alto’s 45-10 win over Corrigan-Camden impressed with the play of Harmon West.

On offense West went 13-23 for 200 yards and 3 touchdowns. He also rushed for another touchdown. On the defensive side he had 11 tackles and 4 for a loss, one sack, one forced fumble and an interception. This is the second week in a row that an Alto player has won the Player of the Week award. Last week, Todd Duplichain won it.

“It just shows the work we put in at Alto,” West said. It is more then me and Todd. It just shows the work we all do."

Coach Ricky Meeks is not surprised.

“I told them when they called me today about Harmon that we will have another one in a couple of weeks. Our kids are just playing well. They are playing with a ton of confidence. They are believing in what we are doing and trusting their teammates. That’s why we have the success.”

West does not really watch much football other then his team’s game footage and scouting other teams so he doesn’t model his game after any one player. He does draw inspiration from his team.

“I admire the line,” West said. “I think the offensive line they are the selfless people out here that no one sees.”

https://www.kltv.com/2019/10/03/harmon-west-way-domination-bring-asb-player-week-honors/

EA1CC307-9CE0-4F30-B8F5-07AB88EDC982.jpeg

Very proud of this young man, and our whole Jacket team.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BleedBlackGoldandWhite said:

Very proud of this young man, and our whole Jacket team.

ASB Player of the Week: back-to-back weeks for two of our Jackets!! So proud of Todd and Harmon! Impressive and well-deserved. Appreciate the work ethic of our Alto kids!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, knothead58 said:

StingEm it's in BS next week so you'll get a hard played gamebut away from the hilltop they just aren't right for some reason and there's 6 away games so... 

Six away games = tough!  We did that one year. The flip side of that schedule is pretty cool but I’m not sure it is worth it.