District 10-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2019

StingEmALTO

Bi-district playoff preview

Alto Yellowjackets (10-0) vs. Cayuga Wildcats (4-6)

Class 2A, Division I, Region III

7:00 p.m. Thursday at Jacksonville's Historic Tomato Bowl

Analysis — Simply stated, Alto has been unstoppable this season. The Mean Sting is ranked No. 8 in the state and has won their games by an average score of 48-10 this year. The Wildcats are the fourth place team from District 9-2A-I. Cayuga has given up 236 points while scoring 220 points. Look for Alto to cruise to victory. The Jackets lead the all-time series 8-2. These teams last met in 2015 when Alto won, 55-14. The Alto-Cayuga winner will face off against either Joaquin or Shelbyville in the Area round late next week.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/bi-district-playoff-previews/article_b1dbbe54-064a-11ea-9bc3-2bb719cfeec4.html

State of Texas with Script A.jpg

Alto to meet Joaquin in Area round

ALTO — Next up for the 11-0 Alto Yellowjackets will be a date with the Joaquin Rams (9-2). The Class 2A, Division I, Region III battle will take place at 7:30 p.m. Friday at Lufkin's Abe Martin Stadium.

Both clubs cruised to easy victories in the Bi-district round this week. Alto blistered Cayuga, 62-0, in Jacksonville on Thursday evening, while Joaquin shutout Shelbyville, 39-0, on Friday night.

The Alto-Joaquin winner will take on either Groveton or Big Sandy in the regional quarterfinal round.

3ECB83A5-56D3-47E0-9545-84217ACDB67A.jpeg

Former Alto standout Hackett scores 2 TDs in Mary Hardin Baylor win

BELTON — Mikkah Hackett, a graduate of Alto High School, picked off two passes and returned them for touchdowns on Saturday when University of Mary Hardin-Baylor trounced Sul Ross State University, 77-14, in the regular-season finale for both teams.

Hackett, who is listed as a 6'-1”, 200-pound linebacker, had pic sixes covering 29 and 75 yards, respectively. He also had seven tackles in the game.

The Cru (10-0) are the top-ranked team in NCAA Division III. American Southwest Conference-champion Mary Hardin-Baylor will open post season play at noon Saturday by entertaining the University of the Redlands (Calif.), who will bring a 9-1 record into the contest.

Mikkah.jpg

2A DI Area Play-off Projections - Texas Hometown Football (https://www.facebook.com/TXhometownFootball/)

2A Div. I Bracket
22-Nov:  Seymour @ #10 West Texas | West Texas by 24
22-Nov:  Ozona @ #6 Post | Post by 30
21-Nov:  #5 Hawley @ New Deal | Hawley by 10
22-Nov:  Sundown @ Lindsay | Sundown by 8
22-Nov:  Italy @ Valley View | Valley View by 7
22-Nov:  Honey Grove @ Crawford | Crawford by 3
21-Nov:  Collinsville @ #3 San Saba | San Saba by 20
22-Nov  Rivercrest @ DeLeon | Rivercrest by 4
22-Nov:  Groveton @ Big Sandy | Groveton by 14
22-Nov:  Joaquin @ #8 Alto | Alto by 21
22-Nov:  Carlisle @ Harleton | Harleton by 1
22-Nov:  Normangee @ #4 San Augustine | San Augustine by 30
22-Nov:  Three Rivers @ #7 Holland | Holland by 28
22-Nov:  Weimar @ #9 Mason | Mason by 17
22-Nov:  Hearne @ #2 Shiner | Shiner by 30
21-Nov:  Thorndale @ #1 Refugio | Refugio by 40

• Like 2

ONE WEEK AT A TIME FOR SURE! But if I find something that spotlights our Alto kids and their accomplishments I like to share. NOT getting ahead of the game but this is a nice segment about just that: taking one game at a time. GO JACKETS!! BEAT JOAQUIN!!

https://www.ktre.com/2019/11/20/san-augustine-alto-collision-course-possible-reg-iii-championship/

23 minutes ago, jacketgrad06 said:

I hope at homer Bryce! If it happens but it seems not many high schools go there much anymore. Must be pretty pricy. 

How about Lobo Stadium?  I can't recall Alto playing a playoff game at that venue unless it was before my time.

36 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

How about Lobo Stadium?  I can't recall Alto playing a playoff game at that venue unless it was before my time.

Played there in 1990 vs. Quitman in regional beating them 50-0! I was there! 😂 My wife was a senior cheerleader that year. Only time I can recall playing at Lobo Stadium; I could be wrong. Lol

Red Zone Top 10 Area Round

By Caleb Beames

5. Alto (11-0) Last Week: 6 – Alto had the honor of winning the first playoff game hosted by the Tomato Bowl in 16 years. From the opening drive it was clear Alto would be the winners. Congratulations to Cayuga for making the playoffs but Alto was the better team. Vidarius High led the team with over 200 yards and five touchdowns. Alto gets a much harder opponent this week with Joaquin. The Rams shut out Shelbyville 39-0 in their opening playoff game.

https://www.kltv.com/video/2019/11/19/red-zone-top-week/

92E261E6-49DE-4D85-AB18-A00D75512E9D.jpeg