District 10-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2019

StingEmALTO

15 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

This will make some heads spin. 😂

The Tyler Paper “#BEASTTexas Fabulous 15 Preseason Poll”:

https://tylerpaper.com/sports/highschool/introducing-the-beasttexas-fabulous-longview-earns-no-spot-in-a/article_2f166bea-b528-11e9-9182-47d6d4c1e0b3.html

CLASS 3A/2A/TAPPS

1. Atlanta (4) 166
2. Daingerfield (4) 163
3. Gladewater 155
4. Malakoff (4) 105
T5. Tatum 87
T5. Jefferson 87
7. Harmony 85
8. Tenaha 77
9. Diboll 68
10. Troup 63
11. Elysian Fields 60
12. Alto 45
13. Garrison 40
14. Waskom 37
T15. San Augustine 35
T15. Carlisle 35

Others receiving votes: Corrigan-Camden, 30; Mount Vernon, 22; Grapeland, 16; Mineola, 11; Tyler Grace Community, 11; Joaquin, 11; West Rusk, 9; Edgewood, 7; Arp, 5; Bullard Brook Hill, 5; Paul Pewitt, 3; White Oak, 1; Frankston, 1.

The fact that it has anyone in 2A ranked ahead of SA causes this poll to lose any credibility whatsoever, assuming they ever had any to start with. 

Prep Football: 6 Must See (Cherokee County) Games This Season

By Jay Neal [email protected]
Jul 27, 2019 

1. Aug. 30 — Carthage Bulldogs at Jacksonville Indians

2. September 20 — Alto Yellowjackets at Garrison Bulldogs: This game should tell us a lot about Alto. The Jackets return a solid core of talented players and could be in a position to overtake Price-Carlisle for the District 10-2A-I title this fall.

After opening up with Westwood, Timpson and New Diana, Garrison may be the first time that the Mean Sting is really tested.

With a dozen starters back from a 10-3 team last year, Garrison has been predicted to finish in first place in the 11-2A-I standings. The Alto defense is top shelf this year and they should be put to the test by Bulldog running back Sebastion Porter, who ran for 2,461 yards and 43 touchdowns in 2018.

With Alto having its open date the following week, a win in this game could put the Jackets on top of the world to open conference at Big Sandy on October 11.

3. September 27 — Jacksonville Indians at Nacogdoches Dragons

4. October 4 — Troup Tigers at Harmony Eagles

5. October 4 — Rusk Eagles at Pittsburg Pirates

6. October 11 — Dallas Christian Chargers at Brook Hill Guard

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/prep-football-must-see-games-this-season/article_08723c08-aa6f-11e9-9ab4-cb2236c03818.html

5 hours ago, Purpleforever said:

Good looking group of young men. Looks like the summer workouts did some good.

Yes sir!! They had a good summer strength and conditioning program, and good participation, too. A few young men that have come all summer didn’t make the pic because they were running track over in the Carolinas.

Better conditioned and stronger players = a step forward in our program!

All the best to Newton (if that’s your purple team! Lol)!

Today’s the day!! Can’t believe it’s finally here! One thing (among a million) that I love about Alto Football is the crowd of Jacket fans that will be at practice today and the coming weeks. Folks around here love their hometown football team! One of the new coaches last year remarked that they knew Alto was football crazy but didn’t realize just how much until practice started. He said it looked like Cowboys training camp with the amount of fans watching! 😂 

Ready to get this thing started at 4:00 today. LET’S GOOOOOO!! 🐝💪

12516172-191F-4EA2-A150-D46AEAEE9B2E.jpeg

Well, I guess since I am (@SR_scouting) I will stick with my predictions from the first page. 

1 & 2 spot should be competitive but Alto I believe (not worth anything what I believe) will be just too much this season for Carlisle. 

Keep your eyes on Big Sandy too. Might start out a little slow (tough non-district) but they will be a tough out for Carlisle and Alto.

Go ahead and follow us on Twitter! 

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jorr2car said:

Well, I guess since I am (@SR_scouting) I will stick with my predictions from the first page. 

1 & 2 spot should be competitive but Alto I believe (not worth anything what I believe) will be just too much this season for Carlisle. 

Keep your eyes on Big Sandy too. Might start out a little slow (tough non-district) but they will be a tough out for Carlisle and Alto.

Good luck everyone!

I’ve enjoyed following @SR_scouting on Twitter. Graphics are cool y’all put together, too! Hope your predictions are right.....I’ll take a district championship any day!  😂  Last one we had was 2015; we’re due!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I’ve enjoyed following @SR_scouting on Twitter. Graphics are cool y’all put together, too! Hope your predictions are right.....I’ll take a district championship any day!  😂  Last one we had was 2015; we’re due!

If that's the case I think Cushing is due WAY before Alto. 😁

• LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, jorr2car said:

If that's the case I think Cushing is due WAY before Alto. 😁

You may have a point, but when you’re used to having district championships.....well, you really miss them when you don’t. I don’t think Cushing is missing anything because you can’t miss what you haven’t had. No disrespect intended, but you get my logic, right?! Lol🤣

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Reflecting a little bit on this first day of practice 2019:  We are going into the 92nd year of ALTO FOOTBALL with a record of 579-369-34 (982 games | .6069 winning percentage....34 ties??? So glad they fixed this a few years back! lol).  Ready to pile on a few more dubs! :thumbsup:

List compiled from https://www.texashighschoolfootballhistory.com/season_records_a.html

Alto Yellowjackets - Historical Data.jpg

23 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Reflecting a little bit on this first day of practice 2019:  We are going into the 92nd year of ALTO FOOTBALL with a record of 579-369-34 (982 games | .6069 winning percentage....34 ties??? So glad they fixed this a few years back! lol).  Ready to pile on a few more dubs! :thumbsup:

List compiled from https://www.texashighschoolfootballhistory.com/season_records_a.html

Alto Yellowjackets - Historical Data.jpg

Nice record ... almost as good as Garrison's .... Groveton had the best all-time small school record last time I checked ...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Nice record ... almost as good as Garrison's .... Groveton had the best all-time small school record last time I checked ...

Groveton is still the best in Region 3, but statewide Refugio and Mart have passed them up. Alto actually has more wins than Garrison, but Garrison has a better percentage.  Per the record books, looks like the Bulldogs stopped playing football from 1935-1945? And Alto started playing two years before the Dogs: 1927 vs 1929.

REFUGIO:  722-271-31=  .7202

MART:  764-352-43=  .6777

GROVETON:  654-317-34=  .6676

GARRISON:  531-268-13= .6618

ALTO:  579-369-34=  .6069

• Like 2

10 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Yes sir!! They had a good summer strength and conditioning program, and good participation, too. A few young men that have come all summer didn’t make the pic because they were running track over in the Carolinas.

Better conditioned and stronger players = a step forward in our program!

All the best to Newton (if that’s your purple team! Lol)!

That's the one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jorr2car said:

Good luck everyone!

Never count out Carlisle 

Last year in Coach Meeks’ first season with the Jackets, he brought in “B.T.B.” as the theme for the program: “BURN THE BOATS!” in reference to Cortez and his sailors arriving in the New World and not looking back....BURNING their ship and moving forward, pressing on. The boys always broke the huddle “BTB!” Our spirit shirts had BTB on the back, the football program ads had BTB throughout and it was basically on everything! Folks would often ask “What is BTB?”

Flash forward to THIS year 2019: The new theme Coach Meeks came up with in the spring is MERAKI. Never heard of it, but I like it!! And folks keep asking “What is ‘Meraki?’”....so here it is: putting your heart and soul into whatever it is you’re doing. I think that’s pretty dang good. I mean, anything worth doing should be worth doing well.....but going even beyond that.

So, my hope for our team this year is that they will put everything they've got into it....for the TEAM. It started in the spring, continued into the summer, and now here we are. Can’t wait to see what this fall holds!

AD1BC5EA-1299-4EDB-9C24-D10C6135C7CE.jpeg

• Like 1

UPDATE: Tornado Recovery Continues at Alto ISD (video interview with Superintendent Kelly West included)

https://www.ktre.com/2019/08/06/webxtra-tornado-recovery-continues-alto-isd/

https://bit.ly/2M3zqGQ?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KETK_NBC

Friday night football parking for this fall will be as follows:

Reserved parking for season ticket holders will be in the Alto Elementary parking lot. 

General admission parking will be in the lot behind the softball field and the Elementary School playground.

Additionally, overflow parking will be between the Middle School and High School buildings.

(Side note and personal opinion: This insurance company is ridiculous!)

EA28F439-826C-424E-BB84-90ABEF268470.png

4B3068A3-2D9A-48A9-9617-539C9D845C54.png

6A812A7F-3FE8-44A0-8838-3028CF7C776A.png

C3E1DEE5-722D-4A4B-B660-F346B0819907.png

97186454-9949-4AC7-90AE-C72F00A7A154.png