The Smoakhouse Forums

5 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

“Lively scuffles” YES SIR!! Lol

Chilton coming to town next week? I guess it’s their turn to make the trip!! Y’all put the smack down on them last year and raised some eyebrows. I see they finished 1-10, making the playoffs. 😳 Wow. They are picked 4th in Dave Campbell’s Texas Football. I bet y’all handle them. 

What exactly is a “lively scuffle”. I don’t believe I’ve ever witnessed such a thing 😂

• Haha 1
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think the 100 year of Alto facts came out when you called it an “easy” win. It was a win, I’ll give you that. But, 35-20 has nothing on the records you can see for yourself. No, we aren’t where we h

I think the series record speaks for itself. Nice try though!

This is what I like to see!!! Pull out all of the facts.

Posted Images

WEEK 1 (8/30): Let’s go!!!!

• Westwood @ Alto
  • Big Sandy @ San Augustine
  • Carlisle @ Sabine
  • Chilton @ Cushing
  • Alba-Golden @ Hawkins 
  • Simms Bowie @ Union Grove

Who ya got?!

2018 Results:

• Alto 48 - Westwood 28
  • San Augustine 28 - Big Sandy 6
  • Carlisle 47 - Sabine 9
  • Cushing 40 - Chilton 7
  • Alba-Golden 16 - Hawkins 15
  • Union Grove 20 - Simms Bowie 0
1 hour ago, villagegenius said:

Think their best player graduated, but Cushing and Hawkins are both going to struggle. Will be surprised if they aren’t 4th seed. 

What else is new? ....

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, knothead58 said:

Hawkins had a bad run of terrible culture over an extended time. Not so good school boards coupled with bad to subpar AD hires will hurt your school 

Certainly can. And that’s a shame. We were in the same district together back in the 80s and they were tough! Everything at their school was new and they seemed to be rolling in money, strong teams and tradition. The last couple decades have been tough in regard to their football program. Are they turning it around?

6 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Certainly can. And that’s a shame. We were in the same district together back in the 80s and they were tough! Everything at their school was new and they seemed be rolling in money, strong teams and tradition. The last couple decades have been tough in regard to their football program. Are they turning it around?

They seem to be starting to turn the boys side around. Also most of those teams you are talking about the top athletes either moved away or the ones that were still in district had almost ALL girls lol. Girls sports have been very competitive. 

• Like 1

The TYLER PAPER (Longview News Journal & Marshall News Messenger) included its new publication "The Zone - 2019 East Texas High School Football Preview" for subscribers in today's Sunday paper.

They had 10-2A DI picked like this:

1. Alto
  2. Big Sandy
  3. Carlisle
  4. Cushing
  5. Union Grove
  6. Hawkins

This is what they had to say about the Jackets:

Tyler Paper - Alto Yellowjackets 2019 preview.jpg

Tyler Paper - 2019 Picks.jpg

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

The TYLER PAPER (Longview News Journal & Marshall News Messenger) included its new publication "The Zone - 2019 East Texas High School Football Preview" for subscribers in today's Sunday paper.

They had 10-2A DI picked like this:

1. Alto
  2. Big Sandy
  3. Carlisle
  4. Cushing
  5. Union Grove
  6. Hawkins

This is what they had to say about the Jackets:

Tyler Paper - Alto Yellowjackets 2019 preview.jpg

Tyler Paper - 2019 Picks.jpg

We looking for that fourth slot, slip into the playoffs without all the fanfare of being the one seed and undefeated and all that.. Js 

7 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Yeahhhh, right. 🤣 Battling with Cushing for that last spot I’m sure. 🤪

Low profile and big splosion coming into playoffs... Lol. No pressure, ain't Posta be there... Lol