District 10-2A (D1) Region 3 - 2019

StingEmALTO

Any other JV scores from our district?

Alto 30 - Westwood 6

Sabine 25 - Carlisle 8

Actually, I think only Alto, Carlisle, and Hawkins even have a JV. 😳 I can’t understand why Big Sandy does not. I was told they might have one by district? @jorr2car correct me if I’m wrong. Cushing, Union Grove = nope. We’ll be looking for games later in the season. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Any other JV scores from our district?

Alto 30 - Westwood 6

Sabine 25 - Carlisle 8

Actually, I think only Alto, Carlisle, and Hawkins even have a JV. 😳 I can’t understand why Big Sandy does not. I was told they might have one by district? @jorr2car correct me if I’m wrong. Cushing, Union Grove = nope. We’ll be looking for games later in the season. 🤷‍♂️

I wish I could speculate on this more but I can't because honestly I don't know. 

I do know participation is down this year across-the-board in the state of Texas.

16 minutes ago, jorr2car said:

I wish I could speculate on this more but I can't because honestly I don't know. 

I do know participation is down this year across-the-board in the state of Texas.

It seems to me that Big Sandy always had pretty good numbers, being a traditional football school.  That's why out of all the schools in this district I was surprised they didn't field a JV.  Coach mentioned they might have one by district, but honestly it's usually the other way around:  start with a JV and finish with all of them on Varsity because of losing kids for various reasons.  Anyway, we'll hope for the best!

2 hours ago, jorr2car said:

Screenshot_20190830-121625~2.png

Ain't no faith in us Boi... Lol... Don't b surprised if Umm, Carlisle pulls out the victory.. Don't underestimate the Indians this year, I've said all alongside, there is that something about this group and I can't put my finger on it, but they aren't your typical Carlisle team... They good but different and they have the ability to spook some folk.. Chain out. 

3 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Ain't no faith in us Boi... Lol... Don't b surprised if Umm, Carlisle pulls out the victory.. Don't underestimate the Indians this year, I've said all alongside, there is that something about this group and I can't put my finger on it, but they aren't your typical Carlisle team... They good but different and they have the ability to spook some folk.. Chain out. 

Chain, I'll give credit where credit is due & you ain't wrong much!

1 minute ago, jorr2car said:

Chain, I'll give credit where credit is due & you ain't wrong much!

J2c, this bunch is different, they weren't expected to do much after the boys graduated last year with the speed and height and the d guys.. But this bunch is certifiably crazy with self confidence and drive.. They want to win the whole show... Yeah go figure, and the linebacker corps now in place may be one of Rocky's best in the last few years and my son played in one of those, errbody in Carlisle is all,"well I don't know" and I'm all 'yall gon learn today' lol... They may start a Lil slow but they gonna hurt some feelings up in this bi$#... Watch and see... Lol 

• LOL! 1

14 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Tough night in District 10-2A D1.

WEEK 1 (8/30): (2-4)

• Alto 28 - Westwood 20
  • San Augustine 70 - Big Sandy 7
  • Sabine 34 - Carlisle 3
  • Chilton 24 - Cushing 14
  • Alba-Golden 45 - Hawkins 24
  • Union Grove 35 - Simms Bowie 0

Yea that’s a rough one. Big Sandy shouldn’t feel bad though cause SA is gonna do that to 99% of their opponents this year. Carlisle has top shelf coaches, they’ll get some of their issues corrected. Haven’t watched Alto yet this year, wanting to catch at least one game 

Heard Alto looked good in the 2nd quarter when they played clean football,  but struggled in the other 3 with penalties. 

Surprised Big Sandy didn’t put up atleast a little resistance. 

I thought Carlisle would be a bit more competitive as well. 

Cushing and Hawkins are probably in for long years. 

Good start for Grove, who probably have the best chance of any of the bottom 3 at the 4th spot. Depending on how BS looks against someone besides SA, UG may have a shot at the 3rd spot. 

Still think the seeding between 1 & 2 gets decided in Early October between Carlisle and Alto. 

• Like 2

WEEK 2 (9/06): (2-4 as a district)

• Alto (1-0) @ Timpson (0-1)

• Alba-Golden (1-0) @ Big Sandy (0-1)

• Carlisle (0-1) @ Troup (0-1)

• Mt. Enterprise (1-0) @ Cushing (0-1)

• All Saints @ Hawkins (0-1)

• Overton (0-1) @ Union Grove (1-0)

2018 RESULTS:

• Alto 51 - Timpson 27

• Big Sandy 6 - Alba-Golden 0

• Carlisle 35 - Troup 28

• Mt. Enterprise 14 - Cushing 0

• Hawkins 41 - All Saints 23

• Union Grove 32 - Overton 14

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Heard Alto looked good in the 2nd quarter when they played clean football,  but struggled in the other 3 with penalties. 

Good start for Grove, who probably have the best chance of any of the bottom 3 at the 4th spot. Depending on how BS looks against someone besides SA, UG may have a shot at the 3rd spot. 

Still think the seeding between 1 & 2 gets decided in Early October between Carlisle and Alto. 

We had our moments. Thought with it being 22-7 at the half that it would be a blowout in the second half. MANY of the big plays (and little ones!) were brought back because of “dirty laundry” (throwback to San Augustine’s PA announcer! 😂). Very frustrating. 

3 hours ago, villagegenius said:

Carlisle wins this district easily. Alto only team that comes close and heard from pretty good sources they are down from last year. Other teams are much behind Carlisle.  

• Thumbs Down 1