14 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

I am not saying I put anything on his post, but that snide little ignorant comment about his 'fellow Muslims' deserved something. You must have missed that, right? 

So you’re reduced to putting 💩 emojis, or at least saying my opinion deserved one, and name calling (ignorant)?   The last resort of a man defeated in a discussion.  You might want to try a little humility, and bow out quietly.   First, you’re a Dem, which for most means you have little use for God or Allah, so my reference to him being Muslim, shouldn’t bother you in the least.  Secondly, like most post, it’s my opinion.  Do you think he was a cross waving Christian?  Did you ever hear the Reverend (a misnomer if I’ve ever heard one) Wright preach?  Sounded more like a black klan rally.   And there’s his 2012 speech to the UN, where he utter these words.

4E50E0C9-E8CA-4E8A-9736-5629F7C48605.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 2

Relying on memes to try and prove a wrong, ignorant point? YOU might need to ‘bow out’ and go take a breather there, maybe take a shower to get the partisan stink off of you. And maybe read more of the actual speech that quote came from, which was in response to terrorists’ attacks in France. 

It is time to leave the call of violence and the politics of division behind. On so many issues, we face a choice between the promise of the future, or the prisons of the past. And we cannot afford to get it wrong. We must seize this moment. And America stands ready to work with all who are willing to embrace a better future.

The future must not belong to those who target Coptic Christians in Egypt — itmust be claimed by those in Tahrir Square who chanted, “Muslims, Christians, we are one.” The future must not belong to those who bully women —it must be shaped by girls who go to school, and those who stand for a world where our daughters can live their dreams just like our sons. 

The future must not belong to those corrupt few who steal a country’s resources — it must be won by the students and entrepreneurs, the workers and business owners who seek a broader prosperity for all people. Those are the women and men that America stands with; theirs is the vision we will support. 

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. But to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see in the images of Jesus Christ that are desecrated, or churches that are destroyed, or the Holocaust that is denied. 

Let us condemn incitement against Sufi Muslims and Shiite pilgrims. It’s time to heed the words of Gandhi: “Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.” Together, we must work towards a world where we are strengthened by our differences, and not defined by them. That is what America embodies, that’s the vision we will support.

• Like 2
  • Stinks 1

On 10/7/2019 at 10:24 AM, Hagar said:

Never hear about the Kurds that I don’t remember the 60 Minutes Story of Saddam dropping nerve gas on their villages, not long before invading Kuwait, killing hundreds of men, women and children.  Then we go into Iraq and didn’t find any WMD’s, and the Leftist Media said, “See, they never had any WMD’s.”  Conveniently forgetting all the Kurds killed by them.   

And speaking of Media, on FB I posted a link by Judicial Watch.  A liberal poster posted a link by MediaBiasFactCheck, calling Judicial Watch a conservative biased news outlet.  After researching, I responded that MBFC called all the major News sources liberal biased, except FOX who they labeled conservative biased.  Then she posted a long list from MBFC of Least Biased.  I pointed our that these were “least” but still biased.  So essentially, all News is biased.  Btw, the head of MBFC was a former clerk for Harry Blackmun, at the time, the most liberal SCOTUS Justice on the court.  Essentially, everything you read is biased, except opinions by me, CarthDawg, WH1, TrueBlue, Wild, and Kirt.  😂😂😂😂😂

I have some good memories of the Kurds  ...  sat at their campfires a few times and drank hot tea and coffee with them for hours talking war stories,  survival and battle tactics and trading supplies and equipment with them ... they are a very proud and loyal ally ... we need to help these people any way we can ...

• Like 1

the middle east is a CESSPOOL.  those people have been fighting each other for centuries.  IMO.......let them keep fighting each other.  No matter how much money or military is sent there, they will still keep fighting each other because they all want their certain view of the mooslim religion done their way.  now that we can produce our own oil, i say screw them and let them kill each other.

• Thanks 1

...house of cards is about to fall all down, as two of his 'associates' are arrested for campaign finance violations, as they moved money from, you guessed it, UKRAINE! Hard to script this any worse...told some of you that Rudy was no longer the shining star he once was seen as being. 

https://news.yahoo.com/two-rudy-giuliani-associates-once-070003538.html;_ylt=AwrC1jGTQp9d10QAwxfQtDMD;_ylu=X3oDMTByOHZyb21tBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

5 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Yep, you heard Biden talk about removing a corrupt, ineffective prosecutor, as he worked with many others, in getting him removed, and MEANWHILE, you are following a thoroughly debunked gossip piece that he did it, because of his son Hunter. It isn't so. 

Really is that what you heard. You didn't hear the part where he was keeping $1 billion dollars in aide from the country until they fired a prosecutor. Dang you have the best selective hearing that I have ever seen. I bet that is a great way to keep the wife off your rear end too. SMFH. 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 2:51 AM, BarryLaverty said:

Relying on memes to try and prove a wrong, ignorant point? YOU might need to ‘bow out’ and go take a breather there, maybe take a shower to get the partisan stink off of you. And maybe read more of the actual speech that quote came from, which was in response to terrorists’ attacks in France. 

It is time to leave the call of violence and the politics of division behind. On so many issues, we face a choice between the promise of the future, or the prisons of the past. And we cannot afford to get it wrong. We must seize this moment. And America stands ready to work with all who are willing to embrace a better future.

The future must not belong to those who target Coptic Christians in Egypt — itmust be claimed by those in Tahrir Square who chanted, “Muslims, Christians, we are one.” The future must not belong to those who bully women —it must be shaped by girls who go to school, and those who stand for a world where our daughters can live their dreams just like our sons. 

The future must not belong to those corrupt few who steal a country’s resources — it must be won by the students and entrepreneurs, the workers and business owners who seek a broader prosperity for all people. Those are the women and men that America stands with; theirs is the vision we will support. 

The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam. But to be credible, those who condemn that slander must also condemn the hate we see in the images of Jesus Christ that are desecrated, or churches that are destroyed, or the Holocaust that is denied. 

Let us condemn incitement against Sufi Muslims and Shiite pilgrims. It’s time to heed the words of Gandhi: “Intolerance is itself a form of violence and an obstacle to the growth of a true democratic spirit.” Together, we must work towards a world where we are strengthened by our differences, and not defined by them. That is what America embodies, that’s the vision we will support.

Just happen to have that meme.  

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/obama-future-must-not-belong-those-who-slander-prophet-islam-katrina-trinko/

And, as for the speech, you can wrap a pile of feces up in Christmas paper, but it’s still a pile of feces.

So, you’re either a meme hater, or you don’t like the message.  Either way,

647F2310-B83C-49C0-A127-6FD0E4580A25.jpeg

• Thanks 2

So, first, you want to go back when he was VP in your Wayback Machine and impeach him? You think this was an impeachable offense, quid pro quo? Interesting.

Second, you realize that this was about removing someone from office, for corruption, while Trump was clearly about getting someone to chase a rabbit to help try and rationalize debunked conspiracy theories so he could harm a political opponent or he would withhold aid. Two very different purposes. Not real subtle or nuanced how different they were, but Republicans have to have their daily 'whataboutisms' to get through, I guess, right? 

• Stinks 1