10 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/air-pollution-linked-to-hair-loss/ar-AAIvrE8?OCID=BingHomepageQuiz

Air pollution linked to hair loss

Air pollution can cause hair loss, new research has indicated.

The groundbreaking study was funded by bosses at South Korean cosmetics company Coreana Cosmetics and is said to be the first to find a link between airborne pollutants and loss of hair.

Researchers tested the effect of dust and fuel particles on human scalp cells and found that exposure to common pollutants reduced the levels of four proteins responsible for hair growth and hair retention.

It also suggested that those living in those living in cities are at greater risk of going bald due to the increase of airborne particles.

Experts exposed human follicle cells to different concentrations of fine dust particles and tiny diesel particles, and found decreased levels of beta-catenin, a protein involved in hair growth and the process of generation of follicles.

Three other proteins responsible for hair growth and retention - cyclin D1, cyclin E and CDK2 - were also affected.

However, lead researcher Hyuk Chul Kwok noted that further investigation was needed to support the results.

"It is possible to hypothesise that at certain levels of exposure this could lead to baldness, but further population-based research needs to be undertaken to confirm this," he suggested. "When the cells on the human scalp were exposed to common air pollutants created from burning fossil fuels, the proteins in the cells that are responsible for hair growth and hair retention were significantly reduced."

The results were revealed at the 28th European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology Congress in Madrid, Spain.

Barry, Just Messing with ya, Have a great Weekend, Me, I've Got 3 days off, state fair day. :rofl::mower:

Enjoy your time! And incidentally, I am blessed with a full head of nice, distinguished white hair! 😂

This time an educator goes on a racist meltdown rant, and she should and could lose her job for it. Now, let's see who defends this as just being PC

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pennsylvania-middle-school-teacher-placed-023954346.html

U.S.

'It's got to stop': Superintendent condemns teacher's racist rant in school parking lot

USA TODAY Jordan Culver, USA TODAY,USA TODAY Mon, Oct 14 9:19 AM CDT 
ed5a9a30-ee90-11e9-8ba7-9ad475cd989d

A teacher at a Pennsylvania middle school has been placed on administrative leave after a viral Facebook video showed her calling a black man the N-word and using other derogatory language in the school's parking lot.

In the video, a teacher at Drexel Hill Middle School in Pennsylvania, is seen scrubbing at the rear bumper of a red pickup truck with her sleeve after a car crash in the school's parking lot. The school confirmed reports that the teacher’s name is Renee Greeley.

Near the start of the video, which was posted on Thursday by Facebook user Rasheed Noel, Greeley can be heard saying, "You're probably on welfare, too,"

"Not even a little bit," the man in the video responds, "Six figures a year, ma'am."

Greeley responds by swearing at the man in the video. He tells her that she's only angry "because I'm young and I'm black."

She responds, "That's right, because you're black." She continues, "Always looking to milk the system. And you see me, a white woman, so you think I've got money."

Shot 9 times, police say: Photographer asked three teens to stop using a racial slur

Greeley eventually says, "Go back to your welfare… your Section 8 house." Section 8 is the government's program for providing housing assistance vouchers to low-income families.

That draws a laugh from the man. While Greeley is comparing her truck to his car, which she refers to as a "piece of (expletive)," he tells her, "I've got a 3,200 square-foot home."

After another exchange, Greeley says, "Go (expletive) off, you (N-word)."

"I'm sorry?" he replies.

"You heard me," she says.

A statement from Upper Darby School District posted to social media said the teacher was placed on administrative leave pending further investigation. District Superintendent Daniel P. McGarry told USA TODAY Greeley is on leave without pay.

McGarry also said the poster of the video had a third grader in his car while Greeley was ranting. He added other children were watching the confrontation from the school, too.

Racist graffiti in Mississippi: 'I never thought something like this would happen to me'

McGarry, who was named superintendent in March, said it isn't within his power as superintendent to fire Greeley. He said the district's investigation is complete and has been turned over to its legal team. He will make a recommendation, but Greeley's employment will be up to the district's school board.

The board's next official meeting is in November, though McGarry said the board could call for a special meeting ahead of that.

McGarry called Greeley's tirade "awful." He added, "I do not believe anyone who conducts themselves this way should be allowed to teach."

"Such commentary, such actions will not be tolerated in our community," McGarry said in a phone interview with USA TODAY. "Now, as a leader of this school district, I'm coming out against it, as hard as I can. We're not going to run from this."

Raising his voice, McGarry said, "You can not conduct yourself this way, especially when you're working with our children and our community."

McGarry added Greeley, who has been a teacher since 2008, could elect to go through arbitration, she could resign or she could call for a formal hearing. He didn't speculate on what Greeley would do.

'I would say it again': Says N.C. woman who used racial slur in viral video confrontation with black women

"Upper Darby School District does not condone or tolerate inappropriate conduct or speech associated with hate, racism, discrimination or intolerance of any kind," the district said in a statement.

After the racial slur, the man in the video said, "This situation can change real quick."

Greeley replies, "Oh yeah? What are you gonna do about it?"

The man warns Greeley to stay where she is multiple times while she tells him, "Bring it on." The video ends after Greeley calls the man a homophobic slur.

A Facebook message to the poster of the video from USA TODAY was not immediately returned Sunday night. McGarry said he met with both the poster of the video and Greeley the day he saw the video.

"It's got to stop," McGarry said. "This rhetoric and this language and the way the people feel and the way they communicate has to stop. It's destroying the country. It's destroying (the) country and we're going to be the place that's going to prove to people that it can be done the right way."

In his Facebook post, Noel said he commended Upper Darby School District for taking quick action against Greeley.

McGarry said he'll meet with a group of high school students on Thursday. He said he's hoping to show the district this incident won't be a defining factor moving forward. He said the kids within the district have made it know they're closely watching this incident.

"When you're a diverse school community and you have socioeconomic challenges, my kids are aware and they already have a belief that people think this way about them," McGarry said. "I've been having these conversations with my kids already prior to this.

"If I don't handle this the right way, the kids that I'm asking to listen and to step up and have goals for themselves and to go places – they can go places – we believe in them, I'll lose them. I'll lose the progress that we're making."

The video has been viewed more than 240,000 times as of Sunday evening.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

This time an educator goes on a racist meltdown rant, and she should and could lose her job for it. Now, let's see who defends this as just being PC

A teacher at a Pennsylvania middle school has been placed on administrative leave after a viral Facebook video showed her calling a black man the N-word and using other derogatory language in the school's parking lot.

No one will defend this. She violated organizational policy, and has been placed on administrative leave. Undoubtedly she'll lose her job. 

Troll harder. 

4 minutes ago, AKA said:

No one will defend this. She violated organizational policy, and has been placed on administrative leave. Undoubtedly she'll lose her job. 

Troll harder. 

So, as a moderator, what is your definition of trolling? Because my intention was not to do whatever that is, but to point out that in this age of enlightenment under our current wonderful POTUS, somehow there is still, mysteriously, racism. Wonder if there is a link to those actions anywhere. 

5 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

So, as a moderator, what is your definition of trolling? Because my intention was not to do whatever that is, but to point out that in this age of enlightenment under our current wonderful POTUS, somehow there is still, mysteriously, racism. Wonder if there is a link to those actions anywhere. 

My definition is defined in the SDC rules. If you'd like to discuss the rules I recommend you take it to PMs.

As for this incident, there are countless examples of idiots acting like idiots prior to the Trump administration. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarryLaverty said:

This has been ongoing for thousands of years, yet you want to blame the President.  How pathetic of you.  The woman should lose her job, but unfortunately teachers have strong unions that they have to go through a lengthy process until they can be terminated.  In my opinion she should be fired immediately.  

As I've said before, and I'll say it again.  I thought race relations were growing leaps and bounds from the 80's, but that all changed because of Professors and the left wing politicians who all say it's the white man's fault for everything that has gone wrong in the world since it's inception.  I'm sorry, but it's not a race issue.  The  problems of the world are a human race issue since the beginning with Cain and Abel.  It has always been brother against brother, tribe against tribe, and nation against nation.  We have them speaking of "white privilege" when there isn't any.  If that were the case there would be no poor or uneducated white people in the world.  I've said there is a wealth privilege, but that comes from people that have earned their money.  Usually their children are the one's who continue it with their children.  Not all wealthy people are like that, but a vast majority are.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

So what you are saying is that type of stuff didn't happen until President Trump took office. What world have you been living in? This type of stuff has been going on for centuries. The only difference now is that this can be seen in minutes because of technology, not because of what politician is in the White House. Do you really think blacks would still be voting for the democrats if they really heard what LBJ said about them, it's all hearsay today, but imagine if this technology existed back then. such a hate monger. SSDD!!!!!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DannyZuco said:

So what you are saying is that type of stuff didn't happen until President Trump took office. What world have you been living in? This type of stuff has been going on for centuries. The only difference now is that this can be seen in minutes because of technology, not because of what politician is in the White House. Do you really think blacks would still be voting for the democrats if they really heard what LBJ said about them, it's all hearsay today, but imagine if this technology existed back then. such a hate monger. SSDD!!!!!

It's not hearsay what LBJ said.  It's even on YouTube.  They have it on recorded phone calls.  I could provide the clip, but I hate the word so much that I don't even want to post the clip.  

8 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I meant he shut him down quick. Yeah he’s got the right to post things, but to insinuate this woman was spewing racist rhetoric because who resides in the White House is to ignorant to be funny. Wait I’m sounding like a libtard with no sense of humor. You’re right it is comical. 

😂😂😂

4:14 p.m.

President Trump just created an "enormous headache" for himself with his plan to hold the 2020 Group of Seven summit at his Florida resort, according to Fox News' Andrew Napolitano.

The network's legal analyst reacted Thursday after the White House announced the 2020 meeting of world leaders would be held at the president's Doral golf resort, calling this a violation of the emoluments clause of the Constitution, which prohibits the president from accepting "any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State."

After quoting from this clause, Napolitano noted its purpose is to "keep the president of the United States of America from profiting off of foreign money," and so Trump holding the summit at his private resort is "about as direct and profound a violation of the emoluments clause as one could create."

The White House has claimed the resort was simply the best venue for the event and that Trump will not profit from it. Napolitano, however, dismissed this defense.

"The president owns shares of stock in a corporation that is one of the owners of this, along with many other investors," Napolitano said. "He also owns shares of stock in the corporation that manages it. Those corporations will receive a great deal of money from foreign heads of state because this is there. That's exactly what the emoluments clause was written to prohibit."

Fox host Neil Cavuto also sounded fairly baffled by Trump's decision, saying he'd think Trump would "bend over backwards to avoid" holding the event at a location with his name on it. "You would think so," Napolitano responded. "But you know the president. He loves a fight, and he just picked another one." Brendan Morrow

I am sure he is doing this at no cost to the attendees, and he won't make a dime off of this .... huge savings for the U.S. ..... 

He's driving the libtard media nuts .... :woot:

And of course Larry is having a cow over it .... :rofl:

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama
  • LOL! 2

The network's legal analyst reacted Thursday after the White House announced the 2020 meeting of world leaders would be held at the president's Doral golf resort, calling this a violation of the emoluments clause of the Constitution, which prohibits the president from accepting "any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince, or foreign State."

After quoting from this clause, Napolitano noted its purpose is to "keep the president of the United States of America from profiting off of foreign money," and so Trump holding the summit at his private resort is "about as direct and profound a violation of the emoluments clause as one could create."

The White House has claimed the resort was simply the best venue for the event and that Trump will not profit from it. Napolitano, however, dismissed this defense.

"The president owns shares of stock in a corporation that is one of the owners of this, along with many other investors," Napolitano said. "He also owns shares of stock in the corporation that manages it. Those corporations will receive a great deal of money from foreign heads of state because this is there. That's exactly what the emoluments clause was written to prohibit."

34 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

If it's all on the house then he gains nothing.  He would be losing money thus no violation.  You simply think there would be.  Even  if he only charged for cost he would not be in violation.  The only way it could be considered as such would be the advertisement and publicity his resort would be gaining.