Must See Games Of 2019

Stoney

• 1 month later...

Argyle plays Stephenville in Stephenville to start the season and then Waco La Vega in Waco(Bellmead) in Week 2.  IF the Eagles can win both games away, then look out!!  They get Chapel Hill at home in Week 3 and Liberty Eylau at a neutral site in Week 5 to round out predistrict.  Week 4 is Open for the Argyle Eagles.  La Vega will have graduated their star RB Richards who was their difference-maker last season(esp. in the rain).  La Vega is big and athletic, but did not see Argyle's passing game in that rainy, cold game last season.  If the weather is dry,  Sr. QB  Bo Hogeboom could be the difference-maker this season in this matchup.  Argyle lost some very good O-linemen, but should not prevent Hogeboom from throwing up some good numbers to give Argyle chances against LV and Stephenville to start the season. Hogeboom can be very accurate and the Eagles ALWAYS have very good recievers that get open and catch the throws.  Let me just remind everyone that Argyle is 36-3 in the past 3 seasons, 50-5 the past 4 seasons, 65-6 the past 5 seasons, and 81-6 the past 6 seasons.  That equates to 13.5 WINS per season against 1 LOSS per season.....and that's about how it's gone because they didn't win it all.  Always one game short late in the playoffs....except for 2013. Should have won 2014 also.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Argyle plays Stephenville in Stephenville to start the season and then Waco La Vega in Waco(Bellmead) in Week 2.  IF the Eagles can win both games away, then look out!!  They get Chapel Hill at home in Week 3 and Liberty Eylau at a neutral site in Week 5 to round out predistrict.  Week 4 is Open for the Argyle Eagles.  La Vega will have graduated their star RB Richards who was their difference-maker last season(esp. in the rain).  La Vega is big and athletic, but did not see Argyle's passing game in that rainy, cold game last season.  If the weather is dry,  Sr. QB  Bo Hogeboom could be the difference-maker this season in this matchup.  Argyle lost some very good O-linemen, but should not prevent Hogeboom from throwing up some good numbers to give Argyle chances against LV and Stephenville to start the season. Hogeboom can be very accurate and the Eagles ALWAYS have very good recievers that get open and catch the throws.  Let me just remind everyone that Argyle is 36-3 in the past 3 seasons, 50-5 the past 4 seasons, 65-6 the past 5 seasons, and 81-6 the past 6 seasons.  That equates to 13.5 WINS per season against 1 LOSS per season.....and that's about how it's gone because they didn't win it all.  Always one game short late in the playoffs....except for 2013. Should have won 2014 also.

wheres the LE game at royce city?

This season, Argyle's district consists of Sanger, Paris N. Lamar, Paris, Anna, Melissa and Celina.  Sanger should be improved this season.....don't know about N. Lamar.  But Paris, Anna, Melissa and Celina will all be serious competition in this very tough Region 2   7-4A District in Division 1.  This is a  7-team district.

On 7/22/2019 at 12:47 PM, regaleagle said:

Argyle WOULD have won in 2014 if the replay rules in place now were in place then. The Eagles SHOULD have won in 2015, too, had it not been for the very uncharacteristic mental breakdowns at the end of that game.

But these are some terrific early-game matchups for the Eagles. The season-opener against Stephenville should be a decent gauge, although, I imagine Argyle will dominate the Jackets in all honesty. But that week two matchup with La Vega is going to be one of the better games in the state. All these games will get Argyle ready for what is going to be a very tough, gritty District 7 gauntlet. Going to be some very, very entertaining games in that district this season, I think.

On 7/22/2019 at 4:40 PM, regaleagle said:

This season, Argyle's district consists of Sanger, Paris N. Lamar, Paris, Anna, Melissa and Celina.  Sanger should be improved this season.....don't know about N. Lamar.  But Paris, Anna, Melissa and Celina will all be serious competition in this very tough Region 2   7-4A District in Division 1.  This is a  7-team district.

Argyle brings back a great QB/RB duo. Paris brings back a team full of what looks like full-grown, hyper athletic men. Melissa brings back a Division-I QB/RB duo. And my Bobcats will be drastically improved this season, with some absolute studs coming up the pipeline. District 7 is going to be a dogfight. And Region II is going to be nasty nasty come playoff time.

Right now, before the season starts, you could give me Celina, Argyle, Paris, Melissa finishing in any order 1-4 in District 7, and I wouldn't argue with you too much. I think each team has a case to be the best in the district.

13 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Argyle WOULD have won in 2014 if the replay rules in place now were in place then. The Eagles SHOULD have won in 2015, too, had it not been for the very uncharacteristic mental breakdowns at the end of that game.

But these are some terrific early-game matchups for the Eagles. The season-opener against Stephenville should be a decent gauge, although, I imagine Argyle will dominate the Jackets in all honesty. But that week two matchup with La Vega is going to be one of the better games in the state. All these games will get Argyle ready for what is going to be a very tough, gritty District 7 gauntlet. Going to be some very, very entertaining games in that district this season, I think.

Yeah......all 3 SC title games Argyle played in 2013, 2014, and 2015 were worth the price of admission for sure.  You gotta admit they are always exciting to watch against really top teams.  They kind of imploded against Wimberley in 2011......but give Wimberley credit in that one. The Texans showed up and played better than Argyle did that night.

On a side note......a big congrats to La Vega last season for their State Championship.  In order to be the best, you must beat the best and they did exactly that!!   Argyle  looks forward to the rematch in better weather conditions more conducive to their style of play.  Believe me.......I know this staff and this school intimately.  They will not go quitely into the night against LV this season, for sure. Or any of the rest of them.......and looks like about 8 games on the schedule will be up in the air for the best team that night.

In other words......you will NEVER hear it from the Argyllians, but the gauntlet was tossed last season by La Vega.  One thing you can count on against Argyle......they  will not forget and will do everything in their power to win.......legally.  Otherwise the win becomes illegitimate and it means nothing.  I just know the coaching staff will be concentrating all season long on becoming better and leading the team to be better also.  That Argyle Eagles team last season was really perhaps the best team has assembled top to bottom and depthwise.  The weather did not cooperate in either game against LV, and even 3 other games.....just a crazy weather season in Texas last year.  The running attacks ended up being very prolific last year as a whole across the state, but  that does not mean it will be more the same this season.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 12:47 AM, StingEmALTO said:

2A - D1

September 20th: Alto @ Garrison should be a good one. 

Yes, that is always a good game ... remember, since it's at the Dawg Pound, you don't get the 14 points you usually get for stepping off the bus in Alto ... lol

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, KirtFalcon said:

Yes, that is always a good game ... remember, since it's at the Dawg Pound, you don't get the 14 points you usually get for stepping off the bus in Alto ... lol

And we could use those 14 points! 🤣

I tell you what.  Y’all be good neighbors and spot us 14 and we can go from there. Lol

• LOL! 1

I would say Crockett at Grapeland. Grapeland is ranked #5 in 2A-Div 2 and although Crockett is picked 4th in their district Crockett is always gonna be Crockett. Two things to watch: Can the Sandies find a competent replacement at QB and will the Bulldogs` recent habit of giving up points in bunches rear its head? Grapeland had Crockett beat last time around at the Jack but let it slip away 19-18 late. 

On 7/28/2019 at 5:53 PM, BleedSandieMaroon said:

I would say Crockett at Grapeland. Grapeland is ranked #5 in 2A-Div 2 and although Crockett is picked 4th in their district Crockett is always gonna be Crockett. Two things to watch: Can the Sandies find a competent replacement at QB and will the Bulldogs` recent habit of giving up points in bunches rear its head? Grapeland had Crockett beat last time around at the Jack but let it slip away 19-18 late. 

I think this game will be a battle. Last year’s result surprised a lot of people....especially Crockett. I think they will be out to prove something this year and won’t go in as big headed. Might be harder for Grapeland because of this. They didn’t expect the game to be so close last year. So, do the Sandies keep it close OR does Crockett kick things up a notch and make it a blow out? Gonna be interesting!

On 7/22/2019 at 12:47 PM, regaleagle said:

Argyle plays Stephenville in Stephenville to start the season and then Waco La Vega in Waco(Bellmead) in Week 2.  IF the Eagles can win both games away, then look out!!  They get Chapel Hill at home in Week 3 and Liberty Eylau at a neutral site in Week 5 to round out predistrict.  Week 4 is Open for the Argyle Eagles.  La Vega will have graduated their star RB Richards who was their difference-maker last season(esp. in the rain).  La Vega is big and athletic, but did not see Argyle's passing game in that rainy, cold game last season.  If the weather is dry,  Sr. QB  Bo Hogeboom could be the difference-maker this season in this matchup.  Argyle lost some very good O-linemen, but should not prevent Hogeboom from throwing up some good numbers to give Argyle chances against LV and Stephenville to start the season. Hogeboom can be very accurate and the Eagles ALWAYS have very good recievers that get open and catch the throws.  Let me just remind everyone that Argyle is 36-3 in the past 3 seasons, 50-5 the past 4 seasons, 65-6 the past 5 seasons, and 81-6 the past 6 seasons.  That equates to 13.5 is 57z4WINS per season against 1 LOSS per season.....and that's about how it's gone because they didn't win it all.  Always one game short late in the playoffs....except for 2013. Should have won 2014 also.

You have to remember LV is 57-4 in the past 4 years with 2 state championships.  LV will return 8 starters on offense.  Most of which were sophomores last year. Sophomores Included 2 RB, QB,  3 offensive lineman.  And if you think a Don Hyde run defense isn't going to run like a well oil machine then you haven't been paying attention to 4a football. They may take a few bruises early on, but raise your hand if LV is the team you would want to see in the playoffs. Not many hands would be my guess.  

I know most of you guys are in east Texas LV will be at LE in week 6.  Good game to go see a common opponent of the top 3 teams. 

We will see week 2  how good both teams are. Argyle lost all 5 offensive linemen and some key receivers.  And on defense they graduated one of the best line backers in the state.  A player that made several key tackles in both games last year.  Dont give me the rainy cold excuse both teams played in the same conditions and if I remember right LV made a few key receptions to move the chains and keep drives alive as well drop a few passes too.  The game is played outside and good teams adjust to conditions, not complain about them.  

4 hours ago, coachkells said:

You have to remember LV is 57-4 in the past 4 years with 2 state championships.  LV will return 8 starters on offense.  Most of which were sophomores last year. Sophomores Included 2 RB, QB,  3 offensive lineman.  And if you think a Don Hyde run defense isn't going to run like a well oil machine then you haven't been paying attention to 4a football. They may take a few bruises early on, but raise your hand if LV is the team you would want to see in the playoffs. Not many hands would be my guess.  

I know most of you guys are in east Texas LV will be at LE in week 6.  Good game to go see a common opponent of the top 3 teams. 

We will see week 2  how good both teams are. Argyle lost all 5 offensive linemen and some key receivers.  And on defense they graduated one of the best line backers in the state.  A player that made several key tackles in both games last year.  Dont give me the rainy cold excuse both teams played in the same conditions and if I remember right LV made a few key receptions to move the chains and keep drives alive as well drop a few passes too.  The game is played outside and good teams adjust to conditions, not complain about them.  

Most of us over here know that LV is the team to beat.  Reagle just likes to remind eneryone how good Argyle is from time to time.  Like you said we will see soon enough.  I’m hoping for game 3 of LV vs Carthage at AT&T!

I'm looking forward to seeing Spring Hill against Gladewater in Week 1. I am hoping for a better game than last year, because the Bears whipped our tails pretty bad! With HC Johnny Louvier coming over from GladeH2O, hopefully the Panthers will give him a victory! 

• Thanks 1

Marshall/Carthage should be one of the top non district games in east Texas. 

I’m hoping for us to be competitive vs Longview... but 🤷🏼‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️   

Mom hoping the Week 11 match up Vs PT is for the district championship.   Huge game to head into the playoffs.