2019 NBA Offseason

Valhalla

Woj- Breaking: Golden State and Brooklyn have agreed on a sign-and-trade, sending D’Angelo Russell to the Warriors on a four-year, $117M maximum contract, league sources tell @wojespn.

Woj-Golden State is trading Andre Iguodala to the Memphis Grizzlies, league source tells ESPN. Warriors are sending a 2024 protected first-round pick in the 2024 (protected 1-4), 2025 (protected 1) and 2026 unprotected.

22 hours ago, topher805 said:

Leonard goes to Lakers, and then they become the West favorite. Right now they arent even top 4...

Rumors floating around Twitter say Kwahi to Lakers. Haven’t seen anything official.

6 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Is there any point in being a NBA fan if you aren’t a fan of a city on the coast?

It’s a player/agent ran league. The only chance teams in the fly over states have is to draft the young talent and then watch them leave when the big money comes calling. My Mavs have one the one most talented youngsters in the game, a talented but injury proned sidekick, cap space and not a bad city to live in. Can’t even get a top tier free agent to sniff wanting to play with them. 

46 minutes ago, Stoney said:

It’s a player/agent ran league. The only chance teams in the fly over states have is to draft the young talent and then watch them leave when the big money comes calling. My Mavs have one the one most talented youngsters in the game, a talented but injury proned sidekick, cap space and not a bad city to live in. Can’t even get a top tier free agent to sniff wanting to play with them. 

I’ve been an OKC fan since the team relocated for the 2008 season.

I buy the season pass every year and I watch 95% of Thunder games every season. 

I am seriously questioning why I even bother to keep watching. Teams like Oklahoma City literally have to make every decision perfectly and it still probably won’t work out. Teams on the coast can be a dumpster 🔥 and it still works out for them.

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

I am seriously questioning why I even bother to keep watching. Teams like Oklahoma City literally have to make every decision perfectly and it still probably won’t work out. Teams on the coast can be a dumpster 🔥 and it still works out for them.

If/when Westbrook gets dealt what’s going to happen then? Is Gilgeous-Alexander and whatever OKC gets back be enough to fill the arena? The NBA has a serious problem and I don’t know how you fix it. I’m not a fan of 52 pickup roster building every year. You have basically have a 25 team minor league developing talent for the coast teams. 

The West is weird now. Ranking the teams right now (2019 finish in parenthesis)

1. Portland (3)
2. Houston (4)
3. LAC (8) 
4. Utah (5)
5. Denver (2)
6. LAL (10) 
7. Golden State (1)
8. San Antonio (7) 
9. OKC (6)
10. Sacramento (9)
11. Dallas (14)  
12. NO (13) 
13. Minnesota (11) 
14. Memphis (12) 
15. Phoenix (15) 

3 minutes ago, topher805 said:

The West is weird now. Ranking the teams right now (2019 finish in parenthesis)

1. Portland (3)
2. Houston (4)
3. LAC (8) 
4. Utah (5)
5. Denver (2)
6. LAL (10) 
7. Golden State (1)
8. San Antonio (7) 
9. OKC (6)
10. Sacramento (9)
11. Dallas (14)  
12. NO (13) 
13. Minnesota (11) 
14. Memphis (12) 
15. Phoenix (15) 

I think Portland is worse with the Whiteside addition.

2 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I think Portland is worse with the Whiteside addition.

Glad we got Kanter from them. I got a question: who was that Portland guy that broke his leg in that prime time game last season? He was the Center I think. 

58 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Glad we got Kanter from them. I got a question: who was that Portland guy that broke his leg in that prime time game last season? He was the Center I think. 

Nurkic(so?) played center.

• Like 1

I quit if this happens. 

Seeing Westbrook in that ugly red/yellow uniform will physically make me ill.

I would prefer not to have in Houston...I know Harden and Westbrook worked in OKC, but Harden was a different player. I dont see it working now.