WHATABURGER SOLD TO CHICAGO COMPANY.

CENTEXFAN

11 hours ago, Hagar said:

Chicago!  :woot:    What do yankees know about making good greasy hamburgers?   This news ruins my day.

Chicago knows greasy food.  Not sure about burgers though...

1 hour ago, TheNameIsDalton said:

Wataburger is decent at best.  There best stuff is breakfast taquitos and ketchup.  

I've ate at burger places all over the U.S., and I have yet to eat a burger that is better.  Then again, there's no way I'm going to pay $10 for a burger, and I don't care if they make it with filet mignon.  

16 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I've ate at burger places all over the U.S., and I have yet to eat a burger that is better.  Then again, there's no way I'm going to pay $10 for a burger, and I don't care if they make it with filet mignon.  

5 Guys... try it... it’s worth the $8-9

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Already have and Smash Burger.  I wasn't impressed.  I'm not trying In and Out either, and we have them in Houston now.  

Jucy’s Is great & they have beans that are so good, if they sold cornbread, they wouldn’t sell nearly as many burgers!😜👌

Whataburger has a good hamburger, but imo, the two top things are their onion rings, and their breakfast sausage gravy.  Sometimes, when I was still working, I’d stop on the way to work and get the gravy & biscuit, and just drink the gravy.

But speaking of all these fast food places, in the last 10 or 15 years, I’ve noticed how different they are from one place/town to the next.  They used to be consistent.  Hadn’t had a Wendy’s burger in a long time, the burgers were tasteless.  During a basketball tournament near Houston, we stopped there.  It was delicious.  Got one in Beaumont recently, and it had no taste.  And if the patties McDonalds puts on their small cheeseburgers gets any smaller, they’ll have to change the name to a bread sandwich.

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, Hagar said:

Whataburger has a good hamburger, but imo, the two top things are their onion rings, and their breakfast sausage gravy.  Sometimes, when I was still working, I’d stop on the way to work and get the gravy & biscuit, and just drink the gravy.

But speaking of all these fast food places, in the last 10 or 15 years, I’ve noticed how different they are from one place/town to the next.  They used to be consistent.  Hadn’t had a Wendy’s burger in a long time, the burgers were tasteless.  During a basketball tournament near Houston, we stopped there.  It was delicious.  Got one in Beaumont recently, and it had no taste.  And if the patties McDonalds puts on their small cheeseburgers gets any smaller, they’ll have to change the name to a bread sandwich.

I would always get the biscuit & gravy along with an egg sandwich to sop up the gravy.  For lunch/dinner , I would always get the Patty Melt burger.  

• Like 2

I'm good with the sale. They have been wanting to expand, but the owners didn't have the capital to do the mass expansion they wanted/fans desired. This new group will be able to help push Whataburger across the country. Definitely helps me on family vacations now on deciding where to eat while road tripping. Also remember the original owners still hold a minority stake...

19 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Already have and Smash Burger.  I wasn't impressed.  I'm not trying In and Out either, and we have them in Houston now.  

You want the best, greasy hamburger in the state. Go to Lufkin's Cherry Grocery--that burger will "take your tongue on a sleigh ride". 

22 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Have you tried Jucy's? ... no contest, in my opinion ...

22 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

Zesty Burger and Rays drive in (Lufkin) better than any of the fast food joints

1 minute ago, osup116 said:

Zesty Burger and Rays drive in (Lufkin) better than any of the fast food joints

I have eaten at a lot of burger joints ... Whataburger is better than most, but no where near the best I have had.   I have said it before,  but Denny's has several great burgers and yes, they beat the pants off Whataburger ...