Who will have the better season Nacogdoches high or SFA?

nacdragon07

We have two new coaches in town Darren Allman and Colby Carthel both have been successful at their previous stops so since I’m trying to kill time till August who will have the Better season ??? Nac has not won a playoff game since 92 and has only 4 playoff appearances since 92 as well. SFA hasn’t won a conf championship since 2010 I believe.

1 hour ago, nacdragon07 said:

We have two new coaches in town Darren Allman and Colby Carthel both have been successful at their previous stops so since I’m trying to kill time till August who will have the Better season ??? Nac has not won a playoff game since 92 and has only 4 playoff appearances since 92 as well. SFA hasn’t won a conf championship since 2010 I believe.

I’m going to say nac

4 hours ago, WestRusk2009 said:

SFA has put together a solid team and Carthel has assembled a very good staff. I could see the Jacks being a playoff team.

not next year.  I've heard from several important football people at SFA that the people excited about the coaching staff will be disappointed in 2019.  But 2020 should be fun.

10 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

not next year.  I've heard from several important football people at SFA that the people excited about the coaching staff will be disappointed in 2019.  But 2020 should be fun.

If they win that would cure a lot of disappointments. Looking for a much improved season. 

I think both will have “better” seasons then last, but 2019 is going to be an adjustment year for both. 

2020 is going to be a great year for both!!! 

I have heard kind of the same thing, that expectations must be tempered a bit with SFA, while he is lighting it up with recruiting, the team is young. 

While Allman is super excited about his players and staff it is going to take this year for them to jell together. I think they make the playoffs again but the bidistrict matchup is going to be very daunting no matter who they matchup with!!

The Southland Conference needs sfa to be better and they will eventually. Hopefully they can get consistently better year in and year out. The Conference in football is looked at nationally as being mediocre. And sfa getting better, along with Nichols, IWU, & Lamar, will help out the credibility of the conference.

Hopefully, sfa can be competitive in the BOTPW showdown and maybe win a game. Might be this year. Might not. 

EAT 'EM UP KATS!! 

Possible scenario - SFA goes 6 - 6 but of course with that record, doesn’t make the playoffs.  Nac goes 4-6 regular season and loses in the first round of the playoffs, for final record of 4 -7. 

Which one had the better season ?

20 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Possible scenario - SFA goes 6 - 6 but of course with that record, doesn’t make the playoffs.  Nac goes 4-6 regular season and loses in the first round of the playoffs, for final record of 4 -7. 

I'd be shocked if SFA goes 6-6. They are at the bottom of the Southland conference. 

On 6/24/2019 at 9:50 PM, cotton84 said:

I think at least Nac will go 2-1 in non district play with our loss coming to lufkin. 

• 1 month later...