DCTF Magazine is Out - Thoughts on Predictions

DieHardCubFan

On 6/26/2019 at 5:50 PM, KildogDad said:

I wonder if Briles at Mount Vernon affected their ranking or if that happened after the magazine started printing.

4 starters return on O and 6 on D with a 19-1 record between JV and Freshman - 19-5 varsity record the past two seasons - ended last year 3 rounds deep and 3 straight playoff appearances in a row - Ended last season in top 25 not sure Briles was considered - much - Briles is not listed in Jerry’s ratings and best I know DCTF uses his ratings right? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mvtigerbacker said:

4 starters return on O and 6 on D with a 19-1 record between JV and Freshman - 19-5 varsity record the past two seasons - ended last year 3 rounds deep and 3 straight playoff appearances in a row - Ended last season in top 25 not sure Briles was considered - much - Briles is not listed in Jerry’s ratings and best I know DCTF uses his ratings right? 

With 1000 schools in Texas I doubt very seriously they are researching freshman and JV records. Not sure who Jerry is?. Listened to Smoaky on the way back from Austin on Tuesday and he thought they took in consideration that Briles was Coaching MV. He was speculating and could have been wrong. MV was ranked last year by DCTF but they had 6/9 starters returning. Good luck this year!

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

With 1000 schools in Texas I doubt very seriously they are researching freshman and JV records. Not sure who Jerry is?. Listened to Smoaky on the way back from Austin on Tuesday and he thought they took in consideration that Briles was Coaching MV. He was speculating and could have been wrong. MV was ranked last year by DCTF but they had 6/9 starters returning. Good luck this year!

Jerry operates www.pigskinprep.com  his top 25 and DCTF top 25 are identical 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2019 at 10:38 PM, NATUREBOY98 said:

I’m anxious to see if those 3 get bumped back up next go around. 

From what I understand, they're not forecasting us to move back up for quite some time. Until elementary kids get to high school anyways. 

On 6/23/2019 at 10:35 PM, Valhalla said:

Gladewater, Tatum, and Atlanta going back where they belong would fix it.

e402237a-52e1-4179-8240-a3f6aba46a45

Back where we belong lol. That's an interesting statement. We're either one of the smallest 4As, or one of the biggest 3As. There's no happy medium. Guess they could start a "4A/3A Division for Happy Mediums to Appease the Whiners." Leeeeeeeeeeeft.

• LOL! 1

In the magazine we use Jerry's rankings as a starting point but then we do our own rankings during the season........Briles was a late add to the Mt Vernon preview as his hire was a couple of days before going to press but his hire didnt factor into where we ranked them.....I think MV will be solid this year, but the big question I have is the offensive transition for the Tigers....running the kind of offense Briles runs involves quick decisions, reads and a sense of chemistry between the QB and the skill players...that takes time and reps to develop so I'm not going to be surprised if there are early growing pains

On 7/13/2019 at 10:34 AM, MattStepp said:

In the magazine we use Jerry's rankings as a starting point but then we do our own rankings during the season........Briles was a late add to the Mt Vernon preview as his hire was a couple of days before going to press but his hire didnt factor into where we ranked them.....I think MV will be solid this year, but the big question I have is the offensive transition for the Tigers....running the kind of offense Briles runs involves quick decisions, reads and a sense of chemistry between the QB and the skill players...that takes time and reps to develop so I'm not going to be surprised if there are early growing pains

Matt, do you have confirmation that Briles will run his Baylor offense. He ran several types of offensive systems during his first run of Coaching THSFB. 

4 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

Matt, do you have confirmation that Briles will run his Baylor offense. He ran several types of offensive systems during his first run of Coaching THSFB. 

I'll be very surprised if they run anything but a spread offensive attack considering the offensive coaches that are being hired on staff are all spread guys

• Like 1