For grins and giggles

Purpleforever

On 6/25/2019 at 2:19 PM, EastTxFinest said:

Week 1 against Silsbee

Silsbee doesn’t have what it takes to beat Newton. They have no receivers and no secondary. Not to mention put pressure on the QB and he will fold. He can’t run out the pocket. 

6 hours ago, Eagles90 said:

Silsbee doesn’t have what it takes to beat Newton. They have no receivers and no secondary. Not to mention put pressure on the QB and he will fold. He can’t run out the pocket. 

I know absolutely nothing about Silsbee lol I'm just hating on the reigning champs a lil

I think Newton will lose a couple of games in pre-district, but will make a deep run in the playoffs.  If I had to guess who is going to beat them first?  I'll go with West Orange-Stark.  The Silsbee game could go either way, though.

Advanced issues found

19 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

I think Newton will lose a couple of games in pre-district, but will make a deep run in the playoffs.  If I had to guess who is going to beat them first?  I'll go with West Orange-Stark.  The Silsbee game could go either way, though.

That would be a big turnaround from 56 to 14 or do we need to forget or unsee?

must be a combination of losing a lot and gaining a lot

On 6/26/2019 at 8:58 PM, Sportsguru02 said:

But one thing I do know is that ur team will still stink lol 

so it's true they wear the same socks all week and don't shower after workouts because no one raises a sweat.

I could name a lot of teams that are glad they aren’t playing Newton.  

:rofl: 

And I’m still trying to figure out which 3 teams Guru thinks they’ll lose to.  He said, Silsbee, Newton, and us (Gilmer). Maybe he’s partly right - only Newton can beat Newton.

On 6/25/2019 at 9:52 AM, Purpleforever said:

Let me hear your predictions on who is going to end Newton's win streak. Will it be Kirbyville, Silsbee, WOS, Gilmer or some other team later in the year? I'm bored and need something to read. Me,myself and I do not know and will not know until I have seen them play. Just as long as it is not DF, I will be OK. LOL

Kirbyville?  C’mon man  😂😂😂😂😂😂.    You went to the bullpen with that one.  😂

3 hours ago, Hagar said:

I could name a lot of teams that are glad they aren’t playing Newton.  

:rofl: 

And I’m still trying to figure out which 3 teams Guru thinks they’ll lose to.  He said, Silsbee, Newton, and us (Gilmer). Maybe he’s partly right - only Newton can beat Newton.

Yes you will take a L when you come to Gilmer barring any significant injuries like we had last yr 

4 hours ago, sackem said:

That would be a big turnaround from 56 to 14 or do we need to forget or unsee?

must be a combination of losing a lot and gaining a lot

Yes, it would, but I think this year's game will be much closer.  Honestly, I think Newton will win that one, but I can't see them beating WO-S.  That's why I went with the Mustangs to hand them their first loss.

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

Yes, it would, but I think this year's game will be much closer.  Honestly, I think Newton will win that one, but I can't see them beating WO-S.  That's why I went with the Mustangs to hand them their first loss.

Honestly, Newtons secondary is gonna the biggest hole to fill for them. That said I feel like you pesky Buckeyes with the brand of offensive football y'all play gives the best chance of the "big 3" to beat the Eagles.  Gilmer did score the most points of any game last year against Newton  (31).

2 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

Honestly, Newtons secondary is gonna the biggest hole to fill for them. That said I feel like you pesky Buckeyes with the brand of offensive football y'all play gives the best chance of the "big 3" to beat the Eagles.  Gilmer did score the most points of any game last year against Newton  (31).

...And the Buckeyes had a really "down" season by their own standards last season, and the discipline has just not been there for the last 4 years after Jeff.  I "think" they will be much improved this season, but that will only happen if they avoid so many turnovers, block better, and avoid so many penalties on offense.  The defense had to put the "black" back in the "Black Flag Defense" also.  The turnover on our coaching staff has not helped us.  Our young men have looked a little confused, especially on defense, though they got better late in the season.  Our coaches just have to k.i.s.s. in order for progress to be made quicker and have more continuity.  The costliest thing that has cost us wins the past 4 seasons is TURNOVERS.  Good decision-making comes from discipline.  I'm always hoping that we will get some of that discipline back that made us such a good team for so many years.  We'll see.

I could be wrong, but I think Silsbee has a puncher's chance to beat Newton, especially with it being early in the season.  I really think that WO-S will get the win at Newton this season.  I hope the Buckeyes get back to playing Buckeye football.  If they do, I think they hand the Eagles another loss.

• Like 1

:woot:  Well let's see.  Gilmer lost their recruiter, and will steadily sink.  :drool:But just might squeak past those purple Eaglets.  ;) Daingerfield had all their recruits signed. Well just have to see if their any good.  

All being said I hope WOS puts 74 on those yard birds. :rofl:

52 minutes ago, MuleSlicks said:

:woot:  Well let's see.  Gilmer lost their recruiter, and will steadily sink.  :drool:But just might squeak past those purple Eaglets.  ;) Daingerfield had all their recruits signed. Well just have to see if their any good.  

All being said I hope WOS puts 74 on those yard birds. :rofl:

Hard feelings toward them Eagles? LOL  Never say never. Time will tell.

On 7/30/2019 at 10:57 PM, Purpleforever said:

Hard feelings toward them Eagles? LOL  Never say never. Time will tell.

No hard feelings. We got it handed to us.  Just helping out with the giggles. You guys have built a great tradition. I dont see it falling that much.  Any way, WOS is my pick.

On 8/5/2019 at 10:03 PM, OleMoe said:

My prediction is Newton beats all of the Big 3... Now !! 😎

Well, their chances have increased imo after learning that Deanthony Gatson come back to Newton after moving to goose creek memorial. For those not familiar with who he is. He is #9 and will be a sophomore Rb on varsity. He played quite a bit last year on Eagles varsity. As good as Barlow is/was this young man has the potential to be even better.

5 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

Well, their chances have increased imo after learning that Deanthony Gatson come back to Newton after moving to goose creek memorial. For those not familiar with who he is. He is #9 and will be a sophomore Rb on varsity. He played quite a bit last year on Eagles varsity. As good as Barlow is/was this young man has the potential to be even better.

Makes me feel better if he’s back, still got to see that defense.