Tyler Lee new football logo !!

footballjunky

10 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Did they change the mascot from the Rebels to the Raiders or Outlaws? It’s a clean logo, just doesn’t resemble a Rebel. 

I dont think they've been Rebels for a while now. I think they're Red Raiders now? 

I dont like the logo for red raiders. If they were outlaws it would be cool. 

2 hours ago, TTman7 said:

I dont think they've been Rebels for a while now. I think they're Red Raiders now? 

I dont like the logo for red raiders. If they were outlaws it would be cool. 

3 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I could’ve swore they were the rebels. I knew there was a debate awhile ago regarding Lee but now you mention it the debate was about the name of the school, not the mascot. Thanks for the correction.  I do like the logo though. 

Yep, I think they changed the mascot from Rebels to Red Raiders in the early 70's.......

I think they switched from Rebels to Red Raiders in 1972 or 1973.  My dad graduated in 1971 and they were still the Rebels.  But when my mom graduated I think they had already changed.

And IMHO..... the new Logo is pretty awful.  But I rarely like new logos teams have.

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

I think they switched from Rebels to Red Raiders in 1972 or 1973.  My dad graduated in 1971 and they were still the Rebels.  But when my mom graduated I think they had already changed.

1972 they changed officially. 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 1

14 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

I could’ve swore they were the rebels. I knew there was a debate awhile ago regarding Lee but now you mention it the debate was about the name of the school, not the mascot. Thanks for the correction.  I do like the logo though. 

They were before  desegregation.  TIS do you just lifted the desegregation order by the United States About three years ago.

5 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

1972 they changed officially. 

Figured it was somewhere in there.

I still consider them the Red Raiders.....not sure they haven't dropped the red..... weird choice if they did.

Oh well.

I don't get it...  

I understand them going with a vector image, but this one is too clumped together to make sense. Gotta at least have the guy on horseback or something: 

3039_texas_tech_red_raiders-alternate-20

On 6/28/2019 at 7:10 AM, NATUREBOY98 said:

There is a Lee Rebels from Midland.

• 4 weeks later...

Ore City is still the Rebels. As far as I know, they're the only Rebels left in East Texas.

West Monroe, Louisiana are still known as the Rebels and until 2015 (or thereabouts) had flown the Confederate Flag proudly even attaching them to cars & trucks traveling to sporting events...too !

West Monroe now carries these letters with the "W" straddling atop the "M" as their newest Logo !

Since the Longview Lobos are set to face off against West Monroe at Shreveport's Independence Stadium on Friday September 20th, Lobo Nation will get a first hand look at the Rebels & all their fans !

One more thing about that matchup, Indy Stadium's Capacity is 65,000 so with these two program's fan bases being as rabid as they are then it wouldn't be too surprising to see a huge crowd there !!

R.J.

11 minutes ago, RandyJohnson said:

Ore City is still the Rebels. As far as I know, they're the only Rebels left in East Texas.

West Monroe, Louisiana are still known as the Rebels and until 2015 (or thereabouts) had flown the Confederate Flag proudly even attaching them to cars & trucks traveling to sporting events...too !

West Monroe now carries these letters with the "W" straddling atop the "M" as their newest Logo !

Since the Longview Lobos are set to face off against West Monroe at Shreveport's Independence Stadium on Friday September 20th, Lobo Nation will get a first hand look at the Rebels & all their fans !

One more thing about that matchup, Indy Stadium's Capacity is 65,000 so with these two program's fan bases being as rabid as they are then it wouldn't be too surprising to see a huge crowd there !!

R.J.

You better put some respeck on them fightin’ Rivercrest Rebels 

4 minutes ago, WinstonsStolenCrabLegs said:

You better put some respeck on them fightin’ Rivercrest Rebels 

This thread has been POSTED for over a full month and it took someone (yours truly) to make commentary about the number of "Rebels" that are "hanging on by a thread" in this "PC" crazed era...then a mere 13 minutes another poster wants to correct me... that's RICH...LOL !?!

You're exactly right...Winston...my bad in not recalling the "Rebels"of the neighboring towns of Talco & Bogata !  Please accept my apologies for not mentioning them.

BTW...not sure IF you're being facetious with the word RESPECT but it's obviously misspelled, sir ! 😉

Thanks...

R.J.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, RandyJohnson said:

This thread has been POSTED for over a full month and it took someone (yours truly) to make commentary about the number of "Rebels" that are "hanging on by a thread" in this "PC" crazed era...then a mere 13 minutes another poster wants to correct me... that's RICH...LOL !?!

You're exactly right...Winston...my bad in not recalling the "Rebels"of the neighboring towns of Talco & Bogata !  Please accept my apologies for not mentioning them.

BTW...not sure IF you're being facetious with the word RESPECT but it's obviously misspelled, sir ! 😉

Thanks...

R.J.

Apologies accepted, kind sir. 

It is a Birdman reference. Do you even internet?