Week One: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) at Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/2019 at 10:30 PM

2 hours ago, kingwolf said:

I really think this will be a good game...LP reminds me of 2010 Longview...gave state away the year before with a few turnovers and key injuries...took the team a while to find its identity and made a crazy run to the state semis when the did....a recipe for a dangerous team.

Key to this game will be the rebuilt Longview o-line versus Lufkin dline...gonna be a good one

Hope you’re right about lufkin being a dangerous team that could potentially make a similar run, But this coaching staff will have to show me. No expectations from 007.

31 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Smdh lol. Seeee 84. You can’t blame me for poking cages or whatever you used to say about me lol. It’s gtee 

Don't even start with me. You and GTee are cut from the same poop stirring cloth!!!

• LOL! 2

3 hours ago, kingwolf said:

I really think this will be a good game...LP reminds me of 2010 Longview...gave state away the year before with a few turnovers and key injuries...took the team a while to find its identity and made a crazy run to the state semis when the did....a recipe for a dangerous team.

Key to this game will be the rebuilt Longview o-line versus Lufkin dline...gonna be a good one

On paper LP certainly should be able to make a run. Heck tbh, of every team ranked ahead of Lufkin in DCTF's 5A rankings, I could argue that Lufkin has at least the same if not more firepower returning than those teams. Especially JT.

Moore is supposed to be the next big thing for them at QB. He has plenty of targets. Berry is right there at RB to lighten the load. Big OL.

Defense has a few key pieces and a D1 secondary. 

The team is clearly there to at least make a run to semis in 5A, whether the coaching is...that's another conversation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

On paper LP certainly should be able to make a run. Heck tbh, of every team ranked ahead of Lufkin in DCTF's 5A rankings, I could argue that Lufkin has at least the same if not more firepower returning than those teams. Especially JT.

Moore is supposed to be the next big thing for them at QB. He has plenty of targets. Berry is right there at RB to lighten the load. Big OL.

Defense has a few key pieces and a D1 secondary. 

The team is clearly there to at least make a run to semis in 5A, whether the coaching is...that's another conversation. 

True...

On 7/1/2019 at 11:15 PM, PackAttack said:

Well, it just didn't work out last year. What's new?  Starting QB hurt going into the game, had to come out, our back up QB was suspended, so we had our 3rd string QB against Lone Star.  Did not help ourselves either with 6 TOs. Total disaster of a day in Waco.  All water under the bridge now,  but again, Lufkin has become good at finding squirrelly ways to lose playoff games in recent years.  All I can do is sit and watch. 

It's funny but, then it ain't. We know all too well what you all are going through. Seriously. 

• Stinks 1

12 hours ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Do the LOBOS roll into Abe with a Big Head expecting a Win just because their Defending Champs?? What does Longview return on Offense and Defense this year? And what does Lufkin return also?

It'll be an interesting dynamic for sure. But I have a hard time seeing us going into a place that we've struggled so often over the years and having a big head. But we'll see. 

I'll let @ANTI go over who all we have coming back on both sides. Longview's biggest question mark will no doubt be the offensive line. I want to say Haynes didn't get sacked last year until the final game of the regular season against Mesquite. Replacing that will be tough but that is always Coach King's forte. 

Last year's Longview team got better as the game went on almost every week. Only one we got out played in the second half last year was no doubt the Tascosa game. Every other game that was relatively close, Longview started to take control as the 3rd quarter end and the 4th quarter started. Lufkin, Rockwall, Austin Vandegrift, Spring Westfield, Beaumont West Brook. Will be interesting to see if that stays the same or if the dynamic of a new overall team changes that.

• Like 1