Week One: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) at Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/2019 at 10:30 PM

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

He'll start next year without question. Dudes a beast and will probably hit 6'5-6'6 by the time he leaves. Him and Cedric "CJ" Hopkins will make for a fun WR duo next season.

So he will be playing wr this year huh? I haven't been to any practices but I am not lying when I say this young man is a multi-talented multi-position player...position-less player like basketball is now. Right now I feel like Ice T when he had the gun on Nino Brown😀! I prolly be at more fish games than varsity! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

So he will be playing wr this year huh? 

They've used him at WR and FS. A lot of WR though...saw him casually going up and catching over everyone in the freshman portion of the scrimmage. Reminiscent of Dez in HS. Only difference is Hale will be taller.

1 minute ago, Pack007 said:

Stop it. Let us see him on that level before we start those comparisons..

I'm comparing the two at the same age. Mainly the styles. Dez was good at going vertically and high pointing the ball in one on one situations. Hale has similar game. Actually, he has a mix of Malcolm and Dez in him. And as me and gtee have said, he can play safety at a high level too.

Go see for yourself when 9th goes down to Lufkin (if he isn't on V).

7 minutes ago, ANTI said:

I'm comparing the two at the same age. Mainly the styles. Dez was good at going vertically and high pointing the ball in one on one situations. Hale has similar game. Actually, he has a mix of Malcolm and Dez in him. And as me and gtee have said, he can play safety at a high level too.

Go see for yourself when 9th goes down to Lufkin (if he isn't on V).

Naw....i rather see him on the varsity level. If he dominates on that level similar to Dez then we may agree 

41 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Naw....i rather see him on the varsity level. If he dominates on that level similar to Dez then we may agree 

That's fine..

But I remember a few of yall were resistant back when a few of us tried telling yall how good Haynes would be. Now he's a 5 star with a few platforms (not all) labeling him as #1 QB in the country. lol

Hale's ceiling is crazy high too. On the football field and basketball court. But eh, guess ya gonna have to learn the same way you had to with Haynes. 

Been bragging about Meredith for years too at RB, his era starts now. Watch what he does this season and next.

Man what am I kidding, we got nuttin. 

23 minutes ago, ANTI said:

That's fine..

But I remember a few of yall were resistant back when a few of us tried telling yall how good Haynes would be. Now he's a 5 star with a few platforms (not all) labeling him as #1 QB in the country. lol

Hale's ceiling is crazy high too. On the football field and basketball court. But eh, guess ya gonna have to learn the same way you had to with Haynes. 

Been bragging about Meredith for years too at RB, his era starts now. Watch what he does this season and next.

Man what am I kidding, we got nuttin. 

We never called HK a scrub or said he wouldn’t be great. Just didn’t agree with what y’all were saying about him at that particular time. Still don’t. Y’all were acting like he was Tom Brady his sophomore year and I didn’t see it. But whatever....We also said that game would be close between us in the playoff game that year, when basically all of y’all were saying it would be a blowout like the previous game in lv. But it is what it is. Water under the bridge. Never said this kid wouldn’t be good though. Just don’t agree with comparing someone that hasn’t even played as a freshman yet to one of the best receivers that have played in our state and dominated most of the competition. And it’s not a lufkin and Longview thing either, i also don’t agree when people in our fanbase say similar things about talented receivers moving up. Let them prove it on the varsity level first. This kid may be better. Who knows?..

Lufkin has a JR WR Kelton Wright on the Varsity right now who is 6'6". starting opposite of JaLynn Polk.  He is not a DEZ but he is a decent WR.  They also have a kid named Moody, think I saw him play 8th grade once last year.  Anyway, he is 6'3" 180 lb QB.   Coaches think he has potential, not the next Reggie or anything, we will see how he develops.

7 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Still don’t. 

...the dude has every accolade under the sun. Not sure what else he has to do to get the approval of LP folks but I digress lol

Everything we ever said about Haynes was always about potential. Same as Hale, same as Meredith and several others.

We never said he was Tom Brady his sophomore year either. But had he started the entire season that year like he was supposed to, he no doubt would've broken the single season Longview passing record. Name another top classification QB the past decade that led his team at least to the semis as a sophomore while nearly breaking records, not named Kyler Murray or Dematrius Davis. 

20 minutes ago, 85lobooldschool said:

His dad said he will start on varsity in basketball this year for sure

Sure has been a lot off freshman going str8 varsity basketball at Longview nowadays...can't be a good sign. Even though he prolly be the best player on team.

5 minutes ago, ANTI said:

...the dude has every accolade under the sun. Not sure what else he has to do to get the approval of LP folks but I digress lol

Everything we ever said about Haynes was always about potential. Same as Hale, same as Meredith and several others.

We never said he was Tom Brady his sophomore year either. But had he started the entire season that year like he was supposed to, he no doubt would've broken the single season Longview passing record. Name another top classification QB the past decade that led his team at least to the semis as a sophomore while nearly breaking records, not named Kyler Murray or Dematrius Davis. 

My “still don’t” was about his sophomore year. 

4 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Don't add me to that list. he has been chosen by A&M for a reason and recruited by many more.  Did so well at Elite 11, that was no fluke.  You can't smoke screen your talent through that process. Thought he went through a huge learning curve the last portion of his sophomore season, but last year he had it all together, thus the reason for his 5 Star ranking.

7 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Lufkin has a JR WR Kelton Wright on the Varsity right now who is 6'6". starting opposite of JaLynn Polk.  He is not a DEZ but he is a decent WR.  They also have a kid named Moody, think I saw him play 8th grade once last year.  Anyway, he is 6'3" 180 lb QB.   Coaches think he has potential, not the next Reggie or anything, we will see how he develops.

Yea, it’s about the development and if the kid can stay focus. 

8 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

There will never be another Reggie...

Just now, gtee2 said:

There will never be another Reggie!

This one has potential to be very good from what I’m hearing. I have to see him in Huntsville though. But definitely agree. Unless they dominate and win a title, I’ll never make those comparisons.

3 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

This one has potential to be very good from what I’m hearing. I have to see him in Huntsville though. But definitely agree. Unless they dominate and win a title, I’ll never make those comparisons.

6'6 huh...all those TobinFrost move-ins...😀😃😄

17 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Not being mean or anything, but there isn't anything we've seen to this point that suggest either have the ceiling of Dez or Reggie. But they do compare to others who weren't bad players for LP. Wright looks like a faster version of Terry Mark to me. I only saw Moody once last year when they played Foster, looks like another Jordan Moore on the way. I just feel sorry for the LP 9th grade QB last year. Thought he was good but he's stuck in between Moore and this dude.

Anyway, Hale is a completely different story.