Week One: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) at Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/2019 at 10:30 PM

37 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

I have not seen one person "jump" on nodaysoff. And you of all people, that hate JT as much as me, should shush it!!! 😂 😂 🐺

He’s pulling for lufkin this week. So i have to fake it and be nice....don’t act like you haven’t done it before!!!! 🤣🤣🤣😂💀

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

He’s pulling for lufkin this week. So i have to fake it and be nice....don’t act like you haven’t done it before!!!! 🤣🤣🤣😂💀

Can't say that I have EVER been nice to JT. I am always consistent!! What you see, is what you get from me. You know me better than that. 

• Like 1

On 8/18/2019 at 10:12 AM, ANTI said:

I'm comparing the two at the same age. Mainly the styles. Dez was good at going vertically and high pointing the ball in one on one situations. Hale has similar game. Actually, he has a mix of Malcolm and Dez in him. And as me and gtee have said, he can play safety at a high level too.

Go see for yourself when 9th goes down to Lufkin (if he isn't on V).

My kid went straight to varsity this year at Temple as a freshman. Finished doubled digit tackles last night in the scrimmage at FS. Will move to QB next season. I'm going to have to check out this Longview kid now. 

3 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

My kid went straight to varsity this year at Temple as a freshman. Finished doubled digit tackles last night in the scrimmage at FS. Will move to QB next season. I'm going to have to check out this Longview kid now. 

Uhhh.....i need your son to move to Lufkin. The Fish team we have this season and with him......goodness 

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

Where did this kid come from. I haven't hear anything about him ?

He’s good book. Just need someone to coach him up and go train at a few places. But the talent is there. He threw a few tds yesterday on Huntsville that i can remember. I was telling chad about him 

Just now, Pack007 said:

Uhhh.....i need your son to move to Lufkin. The Fish team we have this season and with him......goodness 

It would had been nice. My 7th grader is on the way but it's a drop off lol. I gotta see this Moody kid what's his first name gonna check his hudl ?

14 hours ago, Pack007 said:

Smh

First game in Lufkin...tough place for even NS to win at. And add in the fact that Longview is defending champs and nuthg would be sweeter for LP than to knock the "arrogance" as the surrounding smaller schools say...outta Lobos. It's different feeling when you are on top and now you're the hunted. Lobos are gonna play atleast 10 state championship atmosphere like games in a row. It's gonna be a mentally challenging season for these kids. I expect another last possession game to win it for both teams.

• Like 2

On 8/24/2019 at 3:17 PM, Gametyme said:

I come over here and you guys got 14 pages. What the hell 007 you not gonna come and get me ? Good thing it's slap a Lobo week and I came to check on things smh. 

You got here just in time....

Guys I have chewed on the scrimmage all weekend...there are a couple of things I noticed that I have no doubt King will get fixed or somewhat improved by Friday...

CB2....we were getting burned their several times..when the TH QB had time, he had an open receiver...I also noticed that the guys underneath/over the middle were open a lot...but TH receivers couldn’t catch a cold...Gotta hope our front 7 can keep pressure on Lufkins Qb like they did TH....

Oline...to be honest this had me worried a little...I have not seen Haynes scramble that much or throw early like that in the last 2 years...when TH changed up the blitz and stunts we could not block worth a ####...also thought the run blocking developed a little slower than normal so our RBs had to make cuts earlier....not a complete disaster as they definitely had their positive moments but they have to get better quick...a Lufkin D-line that is athletic and has a good scheme could dominate that line early on....

WRs...some of the best hands I have seen come through the program...not a lot of drops when the ball was where it needed to be....don’t know if those miscues were due to a rushed Haynes or WRs who don’t have their routes/timing down but you could see it more than normal...

Front 7...probably may be the top 1-3 front 7s we have had in Kings time if they continue to develop...they are quick, disciplined, and strong...going to give any team fits...if Lufkin doesn’t have a running game they better find one or their QB is going to get killed...

QBs....HK is gonna HK...only thing they need to prepare for is quick release/short routes and Blitz audibles if the oline doesn’t improve....the 2nd string QB is a stud...

Lufkin game...this will be interesting...no way I keep Longview an 11 pt favorite at this point...I think Haynes gets us a plus 3....I think Meredith and Williams will probably be the difference in this game if used correctly...Longview is going to have to figure out the revamped Lufkin D early...don’t think we can afford to fall behind too big and have to depend on the oline to protect HK in a situation to lead a big comeback.....I think we win though...can’t have that QB and not...

Longview 31

Lufkin 21

just my my two cents....

• Like 1

I went to the Pack scrimmage game against Huntsville and heard about the lobos scrimmage, but still can’t really give a prediction on this game. We played horrible last year against Huntsville in a scrimmage and still played well in a tough environment on national tv without a few starters against lv. So, the scrimmage doesn’t really mean much for this game. Lobos should be the favorite of course, but i know my boys will come out and play well. I expect both teams to be sloppy and have turnovers since it’s the first game of the season. Just not sure who wins. If this game was at lobo.....I’m pretty sure LV would win since we would be down a few scores coming off the bus lol. However, This game being at home changes things a little imo, but it will still be tough to beat this team. Just like we had y’all number for 11 straight games and 13 out of 16 at one point, the lobos seem to have our number right now. After the beat down in Waco against LS, i don’t really feel confident about anything right now lol. But something is telling me the Pack will play well enough to pull this one out. If i had to give a prediction it would be 34-31 Pack, because of the talent we have on offense. 

We just have to get more pressure on HK. We’ve been close in the past, but haven’t really got to him that much. At least in regards to sack. Hoping that will change on Friday. I think the defense will play well against the running game, but we have a new dline, a few new linebackers and DC. So, that’s something to look at Friday. Also special teams. There have been several games in this rivalry that have changed because of key plays, turnovers or TDs that occurred on special teams. In addition, the redzone offense for the Pack. They have to score tds against this team when they get there. And hopefully establish a rushing attack with Caleb. Can’t be one dimensional. Which oline will play well enough and protect their Qb? Both are kinda new this season and struggled in both scrimmages. Might be something else to watch on Friday.

Regardless...hoping for a great game and no injuries. Safe travels to everyone making the trip. Lp!!