Week One: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) at Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/2019 at 10:30 PM

11 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Great breakdown. I didn't get a chance to watch Lufkin scrimmage. So I can't give you a break down of what I saw. I went to go watch my son at Temple vs College Station but from what I heard we had trouble blocking Huntsville up front. I believe they have 2 D1 kids from what Big Nasty said. But we looked bad last year vs Huntsville and then nearly turned around and beat you guys. Gut feeling is we're clearly the dogs and I think LV is a 7 to 10 favorite in my eyes but it's at Abe and just maybe we can have some magic Friday night. I think we will have a game up for the taking in the 4th quarter. Lufkin and Longview no other way to kick it off.  

I sent chad the vids. I was hoping he showed you. It was really just one side we were struggling on. Zykee left the team, so that was his first time really starting i guess. Maybe it gets better this week with more reps. But he was going up against their 3 star defensive end mostly that’s committed to CSU i think. I was proud of the defense though. I thought they would come out struggling. They dominated Huntsville and the first team didn’t even give up any points. That’s something they couldn’t even do last season against Hville at home. I know it was just a Scrimmage, but i was proud of the way they played. Hope it continues  

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

I sent chad the vids. I was hoping he showed you. It was really just one side we were struggling on. Zykee left the team, so that was his first time really starting i guess. Maybe it gets better this week with more reps. But he was going up against their 3 star defensive end mostly that’s committed to CSU i think. I was proud of the defense though. I thought they would come out struggling. They dominated Huntsville and the first team didn’t even give up any points. That’s something they couldn’t even do last season against Hville at home. I know it was just a Scrimmage, but i was proud of the way they played. Hope it continues  

I expected the defense to be there. I think we have a chance to be really good this year. 

You gotta give it to the Lufkin and Lobo coaching staffs. Most of the highlights on hudl from both teams from the scrimmages are of the second strings lol. Basically all of the highlights are...🤣

I don’t think it matters for this game anyways. Both teams know each other. Green and King doesn’t change much on the offensive side. However, Our DC may bring something new to the table..

5 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

You gotta give it to the Lufkin and Lobo coaching staffs. Most of the highlights on hudl from both teams from the scrimmages are of the second strings lol. Basically all of the highlights are...🤣

I don’t think it matters for this game anyways. Both teams know each other. Green and King doesn’t change much on the offensive side. However, Our DC may bring something new to the table..

King far more diverse than Green lol

I dunno how yall have put up with that dude this long.

7 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Something new like 12 men on the field defense...🤔🤓

• LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Any predictions for this game? I know Wolf  gave one. (Trying to get back on topic) 

Based on the scrimmages alone, I'm thinking Longview wins in a close one. Something like 31-24. Longview isn't going to beat Lufkin on talent alone (since Lufkin will have plenty of talent as well), and Lufkin plays well at Abe. I think coaching is the difference in this one. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Based on the scrimmages alone, I'm thinking Longview wins in a close one. Something like 31-24. Longview isn't going to beat Lufkin on talent alone, and Lufkin plays well at Abe. I think coaching is the difference in this one. 

Good score.....for some reason i keep thinking 31 and something too. I had 34-31 Pack earlier. But the more i think about it, both defenses may play better than expected in the first game. 

What about the scrimmages though? I learn from last season that you can’t based anything off of those, unless someone gets injured. 

4 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Good score.....for some reason i keep thinking 31 and something too. I had 34-31 Pack earlier. But the more i think about it, both defenses may play better than expected in the first game. 

What about the scrimmages though? I learn from last season that you can’t based anything off of those, unless someone gets injured. 

Yeah, I agree. With how good Lufkin's defense is, I could see us not breaking 30 (although that's only happened 3x since King took over as QB, and one of those times was in a 30mph wind, another against a state runner up). The game could easily take on a 27-21 kind of score.

Lufkin had trouble scoring on Huntsville, though. How good is Huntsville's defense? It could just be that they were off rhythm, it being the first live action they've seen since last year.  

5 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Yeah, I agree. With how good Lufkin's defense is, I could see us not breaking 30 (although that's only happened 3x since King took over as QB, and one of those times was in a 30mph wind, another against a state runner up). The game could easily take on a 27-21 kind of score.

Lufkin had trouble scoring on Huntsville, though. How good is Huntsville's defense? It could just be that they were off rhythm, it being the first live action they've seen since last year.  

They don’t have the UT commit Sweat like last season, but they are still very good and talented, especially the defensive line.

We were going up against a squad that had 32 seniors this season. The HC for Huntsville said that was the most he has had there. I’m guessing they had many returning from a talented defense that gave us problems last season. But we definitely struggled on the line. In my opinion because of the pressure from the two d1 players that was giving our new offensive line and mostly backup tackle problems (that’s now starting because one of our lineman just recently left the team for family issues). That was the main problem imo.

I think we actually scored more in this scrimmage than last season. I know we had more success this season moving the ball against them. Plus it’s a scrimmage. We were trying different things and bringing in a lot of kids like y’all in sure. I was worried last season about the line play getting dominated, but they played well in Longview. I believe with more reps, the kids on the line will get it together, especially the tackle. When Moore had time, we looked very good on Friday. 

43 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

Ain't never been to ol' Abe but I heard y'all cheat lie and steal there better than anythg at Lobo😃😀😄

Unlike the lobos, We don’t have our own refs down here lol. We use the Nac chapter, so those are liesssss Gtee!!

I’ve told you about listening to 84. She’s mostly talking about that lying Panther that used to flirt with her on here (they actually flirted with each other) 😂, but I’m not touching that one. I don’t need her hunting me down on Friday 😂💀🙃

Make peace not War 84... ☮️ 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

Any predictions for this game? I know Wolf  gave one. (Trying to get back on topic) 

34-27 Longview. Lobos pull another one out late against Lp.

Close and maybe Lufkin lead at the half, before Longview takes in the 4th...again.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Unlike the lobos, We don’t have our own refs down here lol. We use the Nac chapter, so those are liesssss Gtee!!

I’ve told you about listening to 84. She’s mostly talking about that lying Panther she used to flirt with on here, but I’m not touching that one. I don’t need her hunting me down on Friday 😂💀🙃

Too late!!! I will be waiting on the visitor side when you come in the gate!!! Making peace during the football season is not in my vocabulary!!! And for the record, I have met more than one from Lufkin that had a hard time telling the truth. See the common denominator there?

GO LOBOS!!!

4 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

Too late!!! I will be waiting on the visitor side when you come in the gate!!! Making peace during the football season is not in my vocabulary!!! And for the record, I have met more than one from Lufkin that had a hard time telling the truth. See the common denominator there?

GO LOBOS!!!

🤦🏾‍♂️💀💀💀🤣🤣🤣 

He’s probably not even from lufkin. 

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, ANTI said:

JD Williams to me actually compares alot to a forgotten beast from just a few years back.....Braylynn Anthony.

Just goes back to my comment about the many weapons on this offense.

Great comparison...definitely forgot about him

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

I’ve told you about listening to 84. She’s mostly talking about that lying Panther that used to flirt with her on here (they actually flirted with each other) 😂, but I’m not touching that one. I don’t need her hunting me down on Friday 😂💀🙃

The only time I saw something that I considered "bad" was in 2007 when we played there. Up 13-9, we were trying to run out the clock. One first down would do it. We got a first down, had it called back for holding. Got the first down AGAIN, had it called back for holding. I watched the tape back and couldn't find any holding on either, but maybe I'm biased. Then on the 3rd one a pass interference was missed and LP got an interception, scored 3 plays later, and won 16-13. The other times like 2009, I felt we just got beat.