Week One: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) at Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/2019 at 10:30 PM

2 minutes ago, AKA said:

There were some dubious calls to be sure...   but no one was as effective at stopping Longview, as Longview. 

I agree on offense.

Defense, game was in hand at 17-7 before refs interjected. Just horrible officiating. Thank goodness the D overcame. 

• Like 1

If yall see a black dude with a white Lobo polo and Lobo cap running down the Lufkin homeside stands with his arms raised in disbelief of an awful ref call on the news tonight...

It may or may not have been me.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 5

We had our chances. Safe travels back to Longview lobos. 

We haven’t had a crowd like that on both sides since maybe North Shore or Katy. Proud of Pack fans and players. Oline issues like i figured but they tried. Defense played well and gave it there all when Bugg left. Gave us chances. Very proud of them. Good call by green on the first play but then average playcalling the rest of the way. It is what it is. We don’t have a reliable fg kicker, so understand that call. 

The player that got kicked out seem to come back in the game for Longview #47? But maybe I’m tripping. Still a good game. Moving on...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

We haven’t had a crowd like that on both sides since maybe North Shore or Katy. Proud of Pack fans and players. Oline issues like i figured but they tried. Defense played well and gave it there all when Bugg left. Gave us chances. Very proud of them. Good call by green on the first play but then average playcalling the rest of the way. It is what it is. We don’t have a reliable fg kicker, so understand that call. 

The player that got kicked out seem to come back in the game for Longview #47? But maybe I’m tripping. Still a good game. Moving on...

They kicked out #32 Shannon Jackson

Lufkin’s run D played better than I expected.  Hats of to the Panthers.  I was sitting in the middle of the Lufkin south visitors side. The pass interference tackle was one of the worst no calls I’ve ever seen.   Lufkin fans were shaking their heads.  I stood up and told all of them   No way you can deny that.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

#32 was the player that got kicked 47 was his sub the game changed after 

48 minutes ago, 85lobooldschool said:

Lufkin’s run D played better than I expected.  Hats of to the Panthers.  I was sitting in the middle of the Lufkin south visitors side. The pass interference tackle was one of the worst no calls I’ve ever seen.   Lufkin fans were shaking their heads.  I stood up and told all of them   No way you can deny that.  

It was a bad call. But you can’t expect us to have sympathy with what goes on at Longview. But it was a bad call. The only one though. The rest that i remember were good. But moving on to Nac

We loose these games because Quick doesn't have a sack for some reason against Longview. Also found out we can't kick a FG when we're at the 21. That holding call on the last int really hurt Lufkin. Not sure why you have to hold on that. All in all a little disappointed only because we had every opportunity to win this one. I only saw one call I thought was bad and that was the 4th down PI call on Longview. Other then that all calls looked close. Maybe I missed another one but from what I saw #32 definitely deserved his ejection. Both teams looked sloppy but the defense for both played well. I'll loose my mind if we loose to you guys next year. With Moore being a SR and Longview going with a sophomore we better not. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

We loose these games because Quick doesn't have a sack for some reason against Longview. Also found out we can't kick a FG when we're at the 21. That holding call on the last int really hurt Lufkin. Not sure why you have to hold on that. All in all a little disappointed only because we had every opportunity to win this one. I only saw one call I thought was bad and that was the 4th down PI call on Longview. Other then that all calls looked close. Maybe I missed another one but from what I saw #32 definitely deserved his ejection. Both teams looked sloppy but the defense for both played well. I'll loose my mind if we loose to you guys next year. With Moore being a SR and Longview going with a sophomore we better not. 

We’ll lose unless king retires....tired of it 

• LOL! 2
  • Confused 1

Also my son did tell me that Temple would play Longview next season to kick it off.  Going to be a fun. Should see to really talented sophomores at QB. Good luck rest of the way guys. Not sure what 6A D2 got for you guys but I don't see any resistance until the semi

Just now, Pack007 said:

We’ll lose unless king retires....tired of it 

We had 275 days to find a kid that can kick a FG. Just disappointed. Polk is the only real weapon we got at WR. I didn't see nobody else make any type of contested catch. Jordan Moore looked good for the most part.  Made some big throws. Should win out the rest of regular season. 

1 minute ago, Gametyme said:

We had 275 days to find a kid that can kick a FG. Just disappointed. Polk is the only real weapon we got at WR. I didn't see nobody else make any type of contested catch. Jordan Moore looked good for the most part.  Made some big throws. Should win out the rest of regular season. 

Hate to say it but kinda what i saw in scrimmage and hoped i was wrong. 13 could be a deep threat too,  but Polk is really the only one we have to actually show something as a deep threat. Maybe Reggie. I want to see is give Diaz some more reps too. I don’t see it from the others. First game though. Running backs need to step it up. But the blame probably goes to oline. Having a TE there would help out a lot, but our OC doesn’t like them. I don’t have faith in the kicking game either. He didn’t show me at least in the scrimmage he could them. So...yea. But disappointed too. Longview was the better team, but they tried to give us the game. You have to take it at home. Defense even without bugg and at times Stafford for most of second half played well. Pack laid an egg. Oline is big but slow. They have to get better. Secondary has to get better. The other receivers have to improve. Period 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

And I’m trying to figure out why everyone in the stadium knew King would fake it on that punt but our coaches....🤣🤦🏾‍♂️ I give up on them 

Wat would you expect after that foolishness on the first play...😃

It's called "get back" ✌

• LOL! 2

20 minutes ago, nacdragon07 said:

Wow from what I’ve been reading looks like lufkin should have won this game. we are in serious trouble next week, we are terrible on offense right now. 

I wouldn't say that but we had our chances to win. Both offenses went out of their way tonight to give the game away