Week One: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) at Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/2019 at 10:30 PM

Both teams were sloppy. Not getting into the refs. Other than the PI call, didn’t see anything wrong with it. We talk about the refs in Longview, Y’all talk about the refs up this way. It is what it is. Go complain to the Nac chapter about it. 

1 hour ago, pinchpost said:

***Notes for Week 2***

1. Less bubble screens

anything else I need to add you out of shape keyboard coach? 

You can add a TE and maybe something under the center. Anything other then doubles and trips every snap. I can definitely come show you guys some plays. 

4 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Maybe something to do with the defense. That game could had went either way. Both teams were sloppy. Enjoy because next season you guys are in trouble 

lol. We’ll be more than fine next season.

15 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

lol. We’ll be more than fine next season.

Only reason I say that is Moore will be going up against a sophomore QB. No way Lufkin should loose that one with what would come back with a 3 year starter at QB going against a sophomore.

1 hour ago, TheFootballFan said:

Good win under circumstances:

positives:

oline protected well with all those pass attempts.

defense

wr core caught well

negatives:

penalties

sloppy on offense...

turnovers

Overall: beating Lufkin in that hole any day is a miracle . Refs and Lufkin.

I

W...T...F...😳🤔😐😵

2 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

W...T...F...😳🤔😐😵

He called our stadium a hole......like we were one of those clubs you find in the backwoods with a jukebox, pool table on the dance floor, man with a jheri curl serving liquor and some older lady in the back dancing to Johnny Taylor. The nerve..

28 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

You can add a TE and maybe something under the center. Anything other then doubles and trips every snap. I can definitely come show you guys some plays. 

It has to be a person that’s cool with green, family member or player that loves him. Because they didn’t go after you for that Quick comment. I doubt it’s really Green unless he’s just fed up with me after all of these years with the bubble screen jokes..

My thoughts...

I never expected us to make zero mistakes. 1st gane of the season and I think people expected us to be in November form.....you were pretty much setting yourself up for dissapointment on that one. We left a ton of points on the field both because of ourselves and refs....but we'll be a fine unit without question.

Even with HK having an off night, dude went 20-36....7 different targets which I'll get more into later.

The two INT's had nothing to do with his off night. I personally put those on play-calling as both INT's were running situations. LP did do a good job of "minimizing" (I put that in quotations because he still had a high average per touch, we just didnt feed em enough) Meredith but he's still Kaden Meredith. If we have 2-3 yards to get, I'm giving it to him every time.

Couple of high passes is the reason why he had the off night but hey, watch how he bounces back week to week.

The 7 targets goes back to what I've been saying about this offense and the many weapons it has. Kyas Moore could not be touched last night. Kearbey was good. CJ Hopkins killed his defender on that out and up right before the half that was called back. Had other catches. They fed JD early like many wanted....he made some mistakes like falling at the 1 on that KR. But he'll bounce back. Jhailon Braden still a force at TE.

JR Markevion Haynes at FB.....what have I been saying about him? Been saying he's reminiscent of those early John King FB's who could run their tales off. That 46 yard TD run was sweet.

Last but certainly not least....how about that defense! Solid unit. LP straight up got us on that opening trickery but those other 14 points came on ref extending drives. That front 7 is mean, mean, mean. And JR Onofre at K is pretty damn good too.

Robert Pearce was another one who had an off night...had a tough time on LP's slot WR early, not to mention the muffed punt. But he wasnt one of the best defenders in 6A last season for nothing. He'll be fine...I even predict an INT or two for him this coming Friday.

No jumping off the bridge for me. Early game mishaps happen. Hated the refs and I'm not even the type to overly complain about refs but dang....they really were after us last night and had no issues showing it. We stay healthy, no doubt in my mind skies the limit.

Good luck to LP the rest of the way. I think they have talent but hard to say how far LP goes from here....they have no creativity offensively. Alot of good players on LP's offense but they really tried to let Jalynn Polk do it on his own for some reason.

• Like 1

I’ve never seen two teams both look simultaneously so good and so sloppy at the same time. Lufkin was handed every opportunity in the world to win and just couldn’t. Longview was begging for Lufkin to beat them and Lufkin refused the W. 

Both teams have potential to have very very good seasons if they eliminate mistakes. 

For me...this game was a continuation of a sloppy scrimmage....oline needs some work and the secondary was a little worse as the game went on....but those were expected....both teams have potential to be great....got to continue to get better...

• Like 2

It's funny hearing the ref complaints. They actually saved Longview with that holding call on the last INT. I didn't see a hold but does that mean it didn't happen ? I only saw 1 terrible call last night and that was the PI call. I seriously doubt Nacogdoches refs wanted to help Lufkin. I expected a close game. Both rosters are about equal in talent. The last 3 meeting clearly show that right now. Nobody was blowing anybody out last night. 

• Like 1
  • Stinks 2

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

He called our stadium a hole......like we were one of those clubs you find in the backwoods with a jukebox, pool table on the dance floor, man with a jheri curl serving liquor and some older lady in the back dancing to Johnny Taylor. The nerve..

Oh all that shiii is true....😀😃😄

I'm talking bout the praises after the meltdown...🤔🤔😁

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

It has to be a person that’s cool with green, family member or player that loves him. Because they didn’t go after you for that Quick comment. I doubt it’s really Green unless he’s just fed up with me after all of these years with the bubble screen jokes..

I don’t even know who you are talking about. Both of y’all are idiots for talking about coaches on a message board. I called you out because you were talking about another man then cried bc you got dehydrated. Here is an idea. Drown in some pickle juice loser.