Week One: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) at Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/2019 at 10:30 PM

6 hours ago, Pack007 said:

I was trying to find you. I saw 84 walking in. She looked mad about something lol. But i think Jorvorskie, a family of panthers and few others in purple were sitting around the 50 though. Doubt that was him. I’m sure you know him. 

No it wasn’t him. They did not know anything about football. Just there because it was a big game.....

1 hour ago, pinchpost said:

I don’t even know who you are talking about. Both of y’all are idiots for talking about coaches on a message board. I called you out because you were talking about another man then cried bc you got dehydrated. Here is an idea. Drown in some pickle juice loser. 

Lord, you’re sensitive. You are the only one on here crying. Most people on here talk about coaches and you call out me. So If this isn’t a family member of green or one of our new young coaches, I’ll be shocked. 

Although this ain’t your business, First time being in a car wreck and it happened this week. So I’ve been on pain meds, other meds and didn’t drink much water before game. So I’m guessing when you add in the heat at that game and having fun with fellow pack fans and lobo fans about the game, that will do it to you. Still stayed basically the whole game until a few seconds left. Heck It wasn’t as bad as the guy that had to be taken out. Hope he’s ok. 

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

That was the worst I have ever seen a Lufkin band look. I was shocked. 

Ditto. 

I will say this, the lobo rockin L did kinda mess up at the end with the lines. So, my foolish cousin said something and almost got slapped by I’m guessing a mother who was recording at the same time lol, but they did good. I was shocked too though at our Band. They usually outperform y’all in the stands and at times on the field. 

14 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Ditto. 

I will say this, the lobo rockin L did kinda mess up at the end with the lines. So, my foolish cousin said something and almost got slapped by I’m guessing a mother who was recording at the same time lol, but they did good. I was shocked too though at our Band. They usually outperform y’all in the stands and at times on the field. 

A new band director for the second straight year, I think they did pretty well. Our band that is. 

The last two years have been really fun to watch our band IMO. Prior to that, well....lets just say the director wasn't all there. 

Do y'all have a PA system over on the away side at all? I could not hear a thing the ref was saying last night, or the announcer for that matter.

5 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

A new band director for the second straight year, I think they did pretty well. Our band that is. 

The last two years have been really fun to watch our band IMO. Prior to that, well....lets just say the director wasn't all there. 

Do y'all have a PA system over on the away side at all? I could not hear a thing the ref was saying last night, or the announcer for that matter.

A lot of lobo fans asked me that last night. I think things are still screwed up from the storm. 2001 title banner was gone. Just a mess. I don’t think we’ve ever had it where you can hear the refs though. It’s not like lobo. Like i told several lobos yesterday. Lol. 

They were shocked though. Can’t blame them. We have to do better..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pinchpost said:

I don’t even know who you are talking about. Both of y’all are idiots for talking about coaches on a message board. I called you out because you were talking about another man then cried bc you got dehydrated. Here is an idea. Drown in some pickle juice loser. 

Jesus Christ this guy. What's funny you know we're speaking facts. You can't defend not having a TE. You can't defend not having anything under center. So you just throw personal insults. Sad 

1 hour ago, jbabi86 said:

No it wasn’t him. They did not know anything about football. Just there because it was a big game.....

They need to be praying today that you were between us, or we would all be sitting in Angelina County waiting to see the judge on Tuesday!!!

@Pack007 You saw me and didn't speak. Really? And I was a little aggravated!!! People in Lufkin tend to get under my skin just because!!! 😂

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

They need to be praying today that you were between us, or we would all be sitting in Angelina County waiting to see the judge on Tuesday!!!

@Pack007 You saw me and didn't speak. Really? And I was a little aggravated!!! People in Lufkin tend to get under my skin just because!!! 😂

I was way up.....well you know where i sit lol. I was yelling if that counts and then i saw your face and said.....not today Jesus! You looked aggravated and ready for war. 

33 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

If I had feelings, they would be hurt.

You looked over at the Pack fans sitting in the lobo section and i saw fire in your eyes. I was legit scared for them.

Naw but I’ll see ya at some point!! (Hopefully in Dallas at Jerry world)....dreaming most likely but yea...🙃

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pack007 said:

You looked over at the Pack fans sitting in the lobo section and i saw fire in your eyes. I was legit scared for them.

Naw but I’ll see ya at some point!! (Hopefully in Dallas at Jerry world)....dreaming most likely but yea...🙃

One game at a time. 

• Like 1

I’m late to this topic, but since I’m new I’m gonna go ahead and post my two cents lol.... Sitting there watching this game last Friday, I never felt optimistic. Watching the Defense was much better than watching the offense, especially the O line. It was also clear to me, we just had no intention of getting many other receivers involved into the game. I’m just hoping the Lobos have a great defense. I think their game against Rockwall will help identify that. We left last season by letting a one man show of a team destroy us, and started this season trying to become a one man show ourselves lmao.. Either way, it’s expected from green nowadays. All In all, it was clear to me the Lobos were just better than us. We had all the help we could get and still couldn’t win. Doesn’t make or break the season, just proves once more when it comes to executing against championship caliber teams, we can’t. 

Kinda agree....Although CS was the defending champs when we played them last year and had some kids and staff back from that team. But regardless.....not going to lose it after the first week. Mostly because lobos were the favorites and their fan base mentioned the front 7 they had coming into the game. We also know about King....top rated Qb in the nation coming off of a state title win. Never lost to us. Basically what I’m saying, it was going to be a tough game for us.....even at home. Definitely had every opportunity to win it, but lobo defense stepped up and also our receiver dropped the ball. It happens. Game over. Hope both teams can make a run at state, but still have a lot to work on.

That’s kinda what these non district games are for. Well, not sure the Mexico week is for that, but I’m leaving that one alone. 

Just now, Pack007 said:

Kinda agree....Although CS was the defending champs when we played them last year and had some kids and staff back from that team. But regardless.....not going to lose it after the first week. Mostly because lobos were the favorites and their fan base mentioned the front 7 they had coming into the game. We also know about King....top rated Qb in the nation coming off of a state title win. Never lost to us. Basically what I’m saying, it was going to be a tough game for us.....even at home. Definitely had every opportunity to win it, but lobo defense stepped up and also our receiver dropped the ball. It happens. Game over. Hope both teams can make a run at state, but still have a lot to work on.

That’s kinda what these non district games are for. Well, not sure the Mexico week is for that, but I’m leaving that one alone. 

Yeah for sure... As for the Mexico game.. 🤦🏻‍♂️ We gotta do better 

• Like 1