Week One: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) at Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/2019 at 10:30 PM

10 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

Well, at that rate he can stop in Henderson and Nac and not have to get off of the path. Lufkin is not that hard to travel, unless of course you are a tanker truck trying to go over the over pass. Then you might have trouble. 

Facts lol.....goodness 

I vividly remember back in Middle school playing Lufkin West back in the early 1990's. For all of the Lufkin alumni and natives, please explain to me why their colors were ORANGE and for the life of me, I STILL have no idea what the mascot name was of that team.

All I remember was playing them at Abe Martin Stadium BEFORE the CURRENT Lufkin High School was reconstructed at the same location. Maybe you guys can provide some pictures of that team. Damn, I miss those days. If, I could only turn back the hands of time and do it over.

By the way, would be nice if someone could provide pictures of the vintage Longview Lobos Gold teams back in the day that these youngsters believe never existed. Lol!

44 minutes ago, Quick said:

I vividly remember back in Middle school playing Lufkin West back in the early 1990's. For all of the Lufkin alumni and natives, please explain to me why their colors were ORANGE and for the life of me, I STILL have no idea what the mascot name was of that team.

All I remember was playing them at Abe Martin Stadium BEFORE the CURRENT Lufkin High School was reconstructed at the same location. Maybe you guys can provide some pictures of that team. Damn, I miss those days. If, I could only turn back the hands of time and do it over.

By the way, would be nice if someone could provide pictures of the vintage Longview Lobos Gold teams back in the day that these youngsters believe never existed. Lol!

We had 2 Jr highs before the middle school opened. Basically. West Cubs were blue and white and the East Cougars were orange and white. I'm guessing you probably played both but if there was orange it was the East Cougars.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

We had 2 Jr highs before the middle school opened. Basically. West Cubs were blue and white and the East Cougars were orange and white. I'm guessing you probably played both but if there was orange it was the East Cougars.

Okay. Thank you SO much, Brother. Yeah, I never even remember you guys having a team with blue and white colors. I do vividly remember the orange team, though. Leave it to Coach Jester at Judson Middle School  to jack the name up after all these years. Anyway, back in 1994 I was running FULL THROTTLE down on kickoff and my special teams coach, Coach Cook who moved in from Corpus Christi looked me dead square in my eyes before taking the field and said to me with both hands on my shoulder pads, "Go Get 'Em!" I was like, "Hell, Yeah! It's going DOWN!"

As they kicked the ball off I am about 5 steps in front of everybody; Fred Talley included. (Okay, more like a half-step in front of Fred Talley) Anyway, as I am zoning in on the ball carrier all I remember seeing was NOTHING! I heard a loud clad and felt my shoulder pads move roughly into my jawbone as I went airborne about 4 feet into the air. Everything was in slow motion all of a sudden. My body somehow was sideways, facing the sidelines of Coach Cook as he was looking at me with his glasses on, hands on his knees and shaking his head in disbelief and disappointment all at the same time.

This was all happening while I was still mid-air and my legs were doing a bicycle movement. Please...... don't ask me why. I was just trying to hurry up and get back to the ground and at that time and I felt like doing the bicycle movement of my legs in the air would get me to the ground faster. Smdh....... 🤦‍♂️ Anyway, as I am FINALLY making my return back to planet Earth, I remember pointing at my culprit, #12 of Lufkin East on my way back down to the 37 yard line as if to tell him, "This ain't over, Buddy."

To make a long story short, I went back out on about 4 to 5 more kickoffs with the sole intent on exacting revenge on #12 for embarrassing me on that blind side block. It didn't even matter that the ball carrier from Lufkin East ran past me on 2 seperate occasions. At that particular point in my life, #12 was to be annihilated at any and all costs. Well, we won the game 64-0 but, that was a consolation prize for me. In hindsight, I officially learned in the 8th grade what the phrase meant in football about keeping your head on a swivel. Well, it's been 25 years and I'm STILL looking for #12 from Lufkin East.