John Tyler apart of the ESPN Powerade 7 on 7

NODAYSOFFTX

2 hours ago, PackAttack said:

JT went 1-4 @ the Adidas Texas 7on 7 Championship Tournament last weekend , so now they represent Texas?

Who put up the $$$$ for JT to take the trip to NC?, because it's quite an expense. Just curious.

come on PackAttack.  This trip was scheduled several weeks ago.  It ain't a national tournament of the best 7 on 7 teams from each state, but that doesn't mean they can't represent Texas. And yes, they didn't have a great weekend, but how many teams from East Texas made it there.  How about wishing the kids good luck and safe travels, instead of being a hater. 

Also, why is it your business on how they are paying to go?  You ever heard of fundraisers.  Also, JT has several alumni (some who are current and ex NFL players) that are willing to contribute to going.  But again, why is that your business if it ain't coming out of your pocket.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

I'm with PA. Who put the $$ up for this to happen??

Again, why does that matter?  Are kids from JT not allowed to travel?  Do kids from JT not have parents with jobs?  What about fundraisers, alumni,  etc.

Would you guys ask this question if Plano was going?

1 hour ago, MattStepp said:

They didn't look great this past weekend...hopefully they play better and put on a good showing

They didn't play as good as they hope, but people forget they are breaking in a new QB who was on JV last yr, and mostly new receivers. Its really impressive they made it to the state tournament in the first place. 

But now we got a poster questioning why they are representing Texas at this tournament as if this is a national tournament of the best 7 on 7 teams in the country.  There are several tournmants across the nation with random teams from several states. Its no different than when basketball teams play in out of state tournaments during the yr or when LUFKIN played at the Battle of the Border in Shreveport (representing teams from Texas).  That's all this is. It's a great experience for the kids   And hopefully they represent the state well. 

24 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

They didn't play as good as they hope, but people forget they are breaking in a new QB who was on JV last yr, and mostly new receivers. Its really impressive they made it to the state tournament in the first place. 

But now we got a poster questioning why they are representing Texas at this tournament as if this is a national tournament of the best 7 on 7 teams in the country.  There are several tournmants across the nation with random teams from several states. Its no different than when basketball teams play in out of state tournaments during the yr or when LUFKIN played at the Battle of the Border in Shreveport (representing teams from Texas).  That's all this is. It's a great experience for the kids   And hopefully they represent the state well. 

EXACTLY! Lufkin fans need to worry about their own! JT has resources! Lufkin needs to ask why they're losing to AVERAGE teams like Lone star !

3 hours ago, PackAttack said:

JT went 1-4 @ the Adidas Texas 7on 7 Championship Tournament last weekend , so now they represent Texas?

Who put up the $$$$ for JT to take the trip to NC?, because it's quite an expense. Just curious.

I swear ya'll full of TRASH! WORRY ABOUT YOURSELVES!!!

Look I understand this was by invitation.  Was just curious how a trip like that was financed.  Not talking out the top of my head when I ask, because I have years experience in handling trips like this and know what they cost and know the UIL rules about how it is suppose to be done correctly.   A JT fan put the topic out there and if you didn't want someone to have a question about it, that doesn't make sense. Just asked a question?  Thanks for answering for me.  Don't get too defensive, it could raises questions.  

• Like 1

Just now, PackAttack said:

Look I understand this was by invitation.  Was just curious how a trip like that was financed.  Not talking out the top of my head when I ask, because I have years experience in handling trips like this and know what they cost and know the UIL rules about how it is suppose to be done correctly.   A JT fan put the topic out there and if you didn't want someone to have a question about it, that doesn't make sense. Just asked a question?  Thanks for answering for me.  Don't get too defensive, it could raises questions.  

Dude please! Why do you care?! You insinuating something that's not there. 

Just now, CUJONATION83 said:

Dude please! Why do you care?! You insinuating something that's not there. 

Insinuating nothing ?????. I simple ask how a team funds a trip to North Carolina for 7 on 7?  You have answered that for me,  Thank You.   Don't put stuff out there if you don't want anyone else outside of JT responding to it. You guys sound defensive.

22 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Insinuating nothing ?????. I simple ask how a team funds a trip to North Carolina for 7 on 7?  You have answered that for me,  Thank You.   Don't put stuff out there if you don't want anyone else outside of JT responding to it. You guys sound defensive.

You sound a JEALOUS HATER! MIND YOUR OWN!

31 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

The way you asked the question made it seem like JT must be doing something questionable to afford a trip like this, but these kind of trips happen all the time. I have seen football and basektball teams from Texas go play in out of state tournaments.  Lee played a team in Ohio one yr.  So why can't JT do it?

Also, the remark about JT representing Texas had a little bit of salt to it as well. Basically your post came off as if JT has no business being in this tournament at all as if these kids aren't worthy enough to represent Texas.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Y'all making me agree with PA over here. I don't think it's an unfair question to ask how JT is funding a trip out there. Not sure why Cujo fans are so defensive about it.

Do we have anybody asking how Haynes is going to all these camps and visits.  NO,  Because its none of our business.  As long as JT didn't ask anyone from Longview of Lufkin to fund it, why do you care.

And LoboFan, you of all people know how this works.  You know teams play in out of state tournaments all the time.  Lee played a team in Ohio in football one yr.  Baskeball Kids play in AAU tournaments all the time doing the summer. I'm pretty sure this has been in the works for several months.  You act as if parents can't save up and pay for the trip, or the football team can't do fundraisers (which they have been doing for months now).  You guys act like it's impossible for kids from JT to be able to go to something like this.  Thats why we are getting defensive.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Do we have anybody asking how Haynes is going to all these camps and visits.  NO,  Because its none of our business.  As long as JT didn't ask anyone from Longview of Lufkin to fund it, why do you care.

And LoboFan, you of all people know how this works.  You know teams play in out of state tournaments all the time.  Lee played a team in Ohio in football one yr.  Baskeball Kids play in AAU tournaments all the time doing the summer. I'm pretty sure this has been in the works for several months.  You act as if parents can't save up and pay for the trip, or the football team can't do fundraisers (which they have been doing for months now).  You guys act like it's impossible for kids from JT to be able to go to something like this.  Thats why we are getting defensive.

Haynes has been to Dallas lol....and the visits that he's gone to have been his official visits. Again, that's an individual going, not an entire slew of players.

And stop acting like Lee going to play an actual football game the year after winning State, against a Nationally ranked team from Ohio on ESPN is the same as going to a summer 7v7 competition. 

I don't think PA's question was out of anything other than interest, the same as my intentions. Was there a fundraiser etc? I haven't seen Ricklan go off on twitter about one in recent weeks like he has about his own players not showing up to practice (as he seems to do every morning). So I think it's a valid question. Just as I think it would be a valid question to ask if Longview or Lufkin were going all the way out to North Carolina for something. Even looking back at our old basketball records, and seeing our girls went out to Alaska one year, I was wondering how our girls paid for that so y'all can be defensive for whatever reason. I was genuinely intrigued.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Haynes has been to Dallas lol....and the visits that he's gone to have been his official visits. Again, that's an individual going, not an entire slew of players.

And stop acting like Lee going to play an actual football game the year after winning State, against a Nationally ranked team from Ohio on ESPN is the same as going to a summer 7v7 competition. 

I don't think PA's question was out of anything other than interest, the same as my intentions. Was there a fundraiser etc? I haven't seen Ricklan go off on twitter about one in recent weeks like he has about his own players not showing up to practice (as he seems to do every morning). So I think it's a valid question. Just as I think it would be a valid question to ask if Longview or Lufkin were going all the way out to North Carolina for something. Even looking back at our old basketball records, and seeing our girls went out to Alaska one year, I was wondering how our girls paid for that so y'all can be defensive for whatever reason. I was genuinely intrigued.

Why do ya'll care if JT goes on these trips or not! It's not your money, so why care? Pack attack had a some salt in his post  as well. Worry about your own is how I look at it!

29 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

according to 247 Haynes took an unofficial visit to Knoxville...BUT who cares.  His business.   

And How is Lee going to play a game in Ohio, any different than JT playing a 7 on 7 game in Carolina?  Somebody has to pay for it regardless, just like if a basketball team plays in an out of state tournament.  It still cost money.

So, since you act as if you don't understand how teams can go out of state,let me explain.  Just because its a team trip, its still made up of individuals.  I would almost bet, the kids parents are sponsoring the trip on top of team fundraisers. 

But you didn't ask it in a genuine way Or at least Pack didn't. He approached this as if JT wasn't worthy enough of going and you kinda second that.  

Its sad that this even has to be explain, because many teams do this and no one is questioning them about it.  You of all people should know how this works, and I am shocked you would even ask this question.

Please just forget I ask. That is the problem with written word, I type meaning one thing and you read and take it as another,  You JT guys put it out there and I just had a question. That s all.  To which I have been called a jealous hater, why did we let Lone Star beat us ( I don't know?, I'm just a fan) and  it's none of my business.  Next time, don't put it out there on an open forum if you don't want someone outside the JT family to respond.  I normally never interject on someone else's topic but I had a simple question that was defensively answered. Good luck wherever you play, I don't care if it's Alaska.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

according to 247 Haynes took an unofficial visit to Knoxville...BUT who cares.  His business.   

And How is Lee going to play a game in Ohio, any different than JT playing a 7 on 7 game in Carolina?  Somebody has to pay for it regardless, just like if a basketball team plays in an out of state tournament.  It still cost money.

So, since you act as if you don't understand how teams can go out of state,let me explain.  Just because its a team trip, its still made up of individuals.  I would almost bet, the kids parents are sponsoring the trip on top of team fundraisers. 

But you didn't ask it in a genuine way Or at least Pack didn't. He approached this as if JT wasn't worthy enough of going and you kinda second that.  

Its sad that this even has to be explain, because many teams do this and no one is questioning them about it.  You of all people should know how this works, and I am shocked you would even ask this question.

I took it the same way you guys took it. It should have been congratulations instead of worrying about how its going to be financed. I want to calm the situation down and get off subject a bit. Its still about football, but I want to get your take on this. Others feel free to chime in also. 

Someone asked me this question at the Tyus Bowser football camp last week. It sparked an interesting discussion. It was so good I had to ask other people this same question. Greg Ward leads your team 5 rounds deep his Jr. year. Greg is headed into his senior year and a young player by the name of Pat Mahomes transfer into JT to play for them also. What do you do? What do you think Coach Holmes would do? 

8 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

Please just forget I ask. That is the problem with written word, I type meaning one thing and you read and take it as another,  You JT guys put it out there and I just had a question. That s all.  To which I have been called a jealous hater, why did we let Lone Star beat us ( I don't know?, I'm just a fan) and  it's none of my business.  Next time, don't put it out there on an open forum if you don't want someone outside the JT family to respond.  I normally never interject on someone else's topic but I had a simple question that was defensively answered. Good luck wherever you play, I don't care if it's Alaska.

im pretty sure it was only put out there just for support, not to have it question how the kids are going and if they are worthy enough of going.

Anybody with any common sense knows that these trips are basically funded by either a sponsor, individual or team fundraisers, parents, or possibly school or isd or all the above.  So unless you thought this trip was being funded by something illegal why even ask the question, because I doubt you would have asked if Highland Park or Plano was going. 

4 minutes ago, VonG said:

I took it the same way you guys took it. It should have been congratulations instead of worrying about how its going to be financed. I want to calm the situation down and get off subject a bit. Its still about football, but I want to get your take on this. Others feel free to chime in also. 

Someone asked me this question at the Tyus Bowser football camp last week. It sparked an interesting discussion. It was so good I had to ask other people this same question. Greg Ward leads your team 5 rounds deep his Jr. year. Greg is headed into his senior year and a young player by the name of Pat Mahomes transfer into JT to play for them also. What do you do? What do you think Coach Holmes would do? 

oooh.  This is a tough one, but you let them battle it out for the spot. The loser would probably still start at WR or DB.   Maybe you play both.