John Tyler apart of the ESPN Powerade 7 on 7

NODAYSOFFTX

6 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

oooh.  This is a tough one, but you let them battle it out for the spot. The loser would probably still start at WR or DB.   Maybe you play both.

Pat is not known to be a receiver or db. Greg can play both. Man we had a great discussion about this. Everyone I asked said you move Greg to receiver. It's nothing personal. We just trying to win.

30 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

im pretty sure it was only put out there just for support, not to have it question how the kids are going and if they are worthy enough of going.

Anybody with any common sense knows that these trips are basically funded by either a sponsor, individual or team fundraisers, parents, or possibly school or isd or all the above.  So unless you thought this trip was being funded by something illegal why even ask the question, because I doubt you would have asked if Highland Park or Plano was going. 

You guys are beyond help.  Go ahead and think whatever you want to think.  Your making accusations that I meant something else, that I didn't, so now it became truth.  Welcome to the world of present day society.  Good luck. I don't care how you get there and back.  If I knew how these National Invitation 7 on 7 Tourneys out of State worked, I would not have ask you the question.  You said JT was going, so that is why I ask you.   Keep us posted on how they do out there, I'm sure here are many on this site that would certainly want to know how things turn out.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PackAttack said:

JT went 1-4 @ the Adidas Texas 7on 7 Championship Tournament last weekend , so now they represent Texas?

Who put up the $$$$ for JT to take the trip to NC?, because it's quite an expense. Just curious.

Honestly not sure but JT does a few fundraisers through out the year and I’m pretty sure parents chime in too. 

1 hour ago, VonG said:

Pat is not known to be a receiver or db. Greg can play both. Man we had a great discussion about this. Everyone I asked said you move Greg to receiver. It's nothing personal. We just trying to win.

Pat started on varsity as a safety is soph yr.  but it probably would have ended up with Greg moving positions,

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

You guys are beyond help.  Go ahead and think whatever you want to think.  Your making accusations that I meant something else, that I didn't, so now it became truth.  Welcome to the world of present day society.  Good luck. I don't care how you get there and back.  If I knew how these National Invitation 7 on 7 Tourneys out of State worked, I would not have ask you the question.  You said JT was going, so that is why I ask you.   Keep us posted on how they do out there, I'm sure here are many on this site that would certainly want to know how things turn out.

We only got defensive because of your first comment about JT "representing Texas after having a bad 7 on 7 tournament" and then your comment about the funding for the trip, which is only a question you would ask if you thought the funding was illegal.  So when we add both comments together, it seems like you took issue with JT going.  

However,  I can let bygones be bygones..I will take your word that you meant nothing else by it.   Now we can change subjects.

2 hours ago, PackAttack said:

Please just forget I ask. That is the problem with written word, I type meaning one thing and you read and take it as another,  You JT guys put it out there and I just had a question. That s all.  To which I have been called a jealous hater, why did we let Lone Star beat us ( I don't know?, I'm just a fan) and  it's none of my business.  Next time, don't put it out there on an open forum if you don't want someone outside the JT family to respond.  I normally never interject on someone else's topic but I had a simple question that was defensively answered. Good luck wherever you play, I don't care if it's Alaska.

Right,  we'll just move on to another topic. I'm over the conversation. 

10 hours ago, PackAttack said:

JT went 1-4 @ the Adidas Texas 7on 7 Championship Tournament last weekend , so now they represent Texas?

Who put up the $$$$ for JT to take the trip to NC?, because it's quite an expense. Just curious.

You have asked about this about four times why?

4 hours ago, VonG said:

Greg just as good at QB As Pat the only difference is that Pat is 6’3. Who had the better passing record? I say leave Greg where he is and put Pat as backup.

1 hour ago, cujoforlife said:

You have asked about this about four times why?

It's over.  Does not matter to me what you guys do.   Talk about something getting twisted around.   Have fun, play hard and maybe we see you in the playoffs this year. Who knows.

17 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Do we have anybody asking how Haynes is going to all these camps and visits.  NO,  Because its none of our business.  As long as JT didn't ask anyone from Longview of Lufkin to fund it, why do you care.

And LoboFan, you of all people know how this works.  You know teams play in out of state tournaments all the time.  Lee played a team in Ohio in football one yr.  Baskeball Kids play in AAU tournaments all the time doing the summer. I'm pretty sure this has been in the works for several months.  You act as if parents can't save up and pay for the trip, or the football team can't do fundraisers (which they have been doing for months now).  You guys act like it's impossible for kids from JT to be able to go to something like this.  Thats why we are getting defensive.

Haynes dad makes over $100k a year... pretty sure we know how he affords his trips...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Haynes dad makes over $100k a year... pretty sure we know how he affords his trips...

Dude your response to that statement wasn't necessary because it was a tongue and cheek statement.  Of course we know his parents can probably afford to send him on these trips

The point of my statement is why can't the parents of the JT players get that same benefit of the doubt.  Why assume the parents of the JT Kids don't make enough money to send their kids on trips.

I doubt the question would be ask If this was Highland Park, Plano, Allen,, but since it's JT...well you know.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

Dude your response to that statement wasn't necessary because it was a tongue and cheek statement.  Of course we know his parents can probably afford to send him on these trips

The point of my statement is why can't the parents of the JT players get that same benefit of the doubt.  Why assume the parents of the JT Kids don't make enough money to send their kids on trips.

I doubt the question would be ask If this was Highland Park, Plano, Allen,, but since it's JT...well you know.

I think you guys took the tone of his question wrong to be honest.  But without knowing the details of the trip, I know it’s an affordable bus ride.  Hotels would be about $200 per room, so maybe 5-8 rooms?  Food, etc.  it’s a reasonable question to ask.  Is there a family that footed the front side of the bill?  I’m sure there was, and that happens everywhere.  Just qualifying for state is expensive.

15 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I think you guys took the tone of his question wrong to be honest.  But without knowing the details of the trip, I know it’s an affordable bus ride.  Hotels would be about $200 per room, so maybe 5-8 rooms?  Food, etc.  it’s a reasonable question to ask.  Is there a family that footed the front side of the bill?  I’m sure there was, and that happens everywhere.  Just qualifying for state is expensive.

nah......not at all. You would get defensive too if someone suggested your kids aren't worthy enough to represent Texas and question how they could pay for the trip, as if they don't have parents that can afford it or have the ability to raise funds.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

nah......not at all. You would get defensive too if someone suggested your kids aren't worthy enough to represent Texas and question how they could pay for the trip, as if they don't have parents that can afford it or have the ability to raise funds.  

It would really depend on how I perceived the question.  I mean, as a non-JT fan it was more of "How do you get that funding when just traveling in Texas is so dang expensive?"  And "Was this by invite only or by meeting the entry fee?"  But I could see how it could be taken wrong... especially since it is perceived that JT is "The poor school."

On 7/1/2019 at 3:35 PM, PackAttack said:

Please just forget I ask. That is the problem with written word, I type meaning one thing and you read and take it as another,  You JT guys put it out there and I just had a question. That s all.  To which I have been called a jealous hater, why did we let Lone Star beat us ( I don't know?, I'm just a fan) and  it's none of my business.  Next time, don't put it out there on an open forum if you don't want someone outside the JT family to respond.  I normally never interject on someone else's topic but I had a simple question that was defensively answered. Good luck wherever you play, I don't care if it's Alaska.

There is a phrase I use at work on a weekly basis for years about emails and texts.....

Don’t read tone and intent where none was intended.

people are so dramatic 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

On 7/2/2019 at 10:49 PM, MavGrad99 said:

It's not a reasonable question to ask. Why would it matter to anyone on how the trip is being paid for. By asking, you are casting doubt and insinuating something nefarious is going on. Congratulate the kids and wish them the best of luck! This will be a trip of a lifetime for some of these kids. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

It's not a reasonable question to ask. Why would it matter to anyone on how the trip is being paid for. By asking, you are casting doubt and insinuating something nefarious is going on. Congratulate the kids and wish them the best of luck! This will be a trip of a lifetime for some of these kids. 

It could be an inquiry on “how can more schools do this?”

How should the question have been asked without getting ripped?  I asked, how was this trip being funded, I did not know if Powerade was helping since they are giving schools prize money for winning or placing.  Just a simple question because I did not know how these National 7 on 7 invitationals work. You guys are like the national news, read way too much into the question.  I did not question JTs demographic ability to fund, you guys made that remark.  Yes, I did mention JTs record at the Texas 7 on 7 , nothing wrong with that, it was a factual statement.  Matt Steppe said it was unexpected too.  Look, I just did not know the process of how an national invitational like that worked or how the process worked for JT to get an invite or did JT make out an application?   Maybe, JT has been to something like this before, but I don't know that because all I got back were insults.   I asked a simple question, that's it, if I worded incorrectly, my apologies.  You guys can continue to make up stuff  that I did not say or take it for how it was meant. I am done at this point, dealing with insinuations and accusations.  Wish I had never asked what I thought was a simple question.  Have a great tournament in NC, I will be watching you on ESPN and hope you represent Texas well and win the $15,000 1st place prize.   Is JT the only Texas team in this Tournament?  Again, just a simple question. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, PackAttack said:

How should the question have been asked without getting ripped?  I asked, how was this trip being funded, I did not know if Powerade was helping since they are giving schools prize money for winning or placing.  Just a simple question because I did not know how these National 7 on 7 invitationals work. You guys are like the national news, read way too much into the question.  I did not question JTs demographic ability to fund, you guys made that remark.  Yes, I did mention JTs record at the Texas 7 on 7 , nothing wrong with that, it was a factual statement.  Matt Steppe said it was unexpected too.  Look, I just did not know the process of how an national invitational like that worked or how the process worked for JT to get an invite or did JT make out an application?   Maybe, JT has been to something like this before, but I don't know that because all I got back were insults.   I asked a simple question, that's it, if I worded incorrectly, my apologies.  You guys can continue to make up stuff  that I did not say or take it for how it was meant. I am done at this point, dealing with insinuations and accusations.  Wish I had never asked what I thought was a simple question.  Have a great tournament in NC, I will be watching you on ESPN and hope you represent Texas well and win the $15,000 1st place prize.   Is JT the only Texas team in this Tournament?  Again, just a simple question. 

Yes, JT is the only Texas school in the tournament. I'm through with the conversation as well. 

1 hour ago, PackAttack said:

OK...lets get everything cleared up so we can move on.

#1.This is an open invitation tournament that anyone interested can register for. As a matter of fact, the 2020 form is already on their website. http://www.powerade7on7.com/content/coaches/2020-interest-form   Apparently, JT was probably the only team from Texas to show interest in going OR maybe Powerade felt they were the most deserving team from Texas (who showed interest).  Who knows...I just know that JT is only team from Texas going (which means they are representing the state by default), so why not wish them luck on the trip instead of insulting their performance at the 7 on 7 tournament this yr, which has nothing to do with this tournament because it's not a national tournament of the best 7 on 7 teams. By the way,  JT is breaking in a new QB and an entire new WR batch, so its really an accomplishment for them to have qualified for the state 7 on 7 this summer.

#2. If you had just asked alone about how they paid for the trip, it probably wouldn't have been quite as insulting, but when you combine your first statement with the financial question, you are basically saying they don't serve to go and on top of that, you are questioning how they are paying for it.   It's kinda like what Mav99 said...we all know about the perception of the JT community.  So when JT is finally able to something a more privilege group does and then you tell them they don't deserve to be there and question how they are paying for it......Lets just say it's very insulting. 

#3. You shouldn't have asked the unreasonable question in the first place. It's pretty much common sense on how this trip is being paid for.  Unless you thought they were doing something illegal, why even ask. I see all types of class trips to Europe and etc, and basketball teams playing out of state, AAU basketball, summer baseball travel teams, etc. Teams going on out of state trips is very common these days, so I don't even know why you were surprised in the first place. 

#4. You apologize, its over.  I guess in the future we should all be careful with our words.  

By the way, if you go to Coach Holmes Twitter page, JT is doing a Car Wash for the trip this Saturday.  Go by and support the Lions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Stinks 1

57 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

OK...lets get everything cleared up so we can move on.

#1.This is an open invitation tournament that anyone interested can register for. As a matter of fact, the 2020 form is already on their website. http://www.powerade7on7.com/content/coaches/2020-interest-form   Apparently, JT was probably the only team from Texas to show interest in going OR maybe Powerade felt they were the most deserving team from Texas (who showed interest).  Who knows...I just know that JT is only team from Texas going (which means they are representing the state by default), so why not wish them luck on the trip instead of insulting their performance at the 7 on 7 tournament this yr, which has nothing to do with this tournament because it's not a national tournament of the best 7 on 7 teams. By the way,  JT is breaking in a new QB and an entire new WR batch, so its really an accomplishment for them to have qualified for the state 7 on 7 this summer.

#2. If you had just asked alone about how they paid for the trip, it probably wouldn't have been quite as insulting, but when you combine your first statement with the financial question, you are basically saying they don't serve to go and on top of that, you are questioning how they are paying for it.   It's kinda like what Mav99 said...we all know about the perception of the JT community.  So when JT is finally able to something a more privilege group does and then you tell them they don't deserve to be there and question how they are paying for it......Lets just say it's very insulting. 

#3. You shouldn't have asked the unreasonable question in the first place. It's pretty much common sense on how this trip is being paid for.  Unless you thought they were doing something illegal, why even ask. I see all types of class trips to Europe and etc, and basketball teams playing out of state, AAU basketball, summer baseball travel teams, etc. Teams going on out of state trips is very common these days, so I don't even know why you were surprised in the first place. 

#4. You apologize, its over.  I guess in the future we should all be careful with our words.  

By the way, if you go to Coach Holmes Twitter page, JT is doing a Car Wash for the trip this Saturday.  Go by and support the Lions.

VERY WELL SAID!

• Stinks 1